ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Media Center>CATS trailer. Welcome to the new nightmare.
Kiimo 04:04 PM 07-18-2019
You thought IT was scary?

The fuck is this? I want to die.

This looks like a fake fan trailer. They finally did it. They invented catgirls that even anime fans wouldn’t want to fuck.

One night. One chance. Watch the #CatsMovie trailer now. pic.twitter.com/7XwCx79xOh

— Universal PicturesUK (@universaluk) July 18, 2019

[Reply]
kc rush 08:33 AM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
The only musical I like is The Blues Brothers (theatrical cut only).
That and the South Park movie.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:38 AM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by kc rush:
Two great movies done right with great songs.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:29 AM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Musicals are still very popular when done right and the audience likes the songs.

The Greatest Showman was very popular just a couple years ago.
While true, we're primarily talking about Broadway shows making the transition to movies. The Greatest Showman was designed to be a movie.
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:43 AM 01-01-2020
Musicals are still very popular when done right and the audience likes the songs.

The Greatest Showman was very popular just a couple years ago.
I liked this musical

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:02 AM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
While true, we're primarily talking about Broadway shows making the transition to movies. The Greatest Showman was designed to be a movie.
Les Miserable 2012 was pretty popular and made by the same guy.

Some shows just dont translate well to the movie screen.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:30 AM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by kc rush:
Grease was good back in the day.
Fiddler on the Roof isn't bad. Rocky Horror Show.
The Wall.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:38 PM 01-01-2020
Les Miserable 2012 was pretty popular and made by the same guy.

Some shows just dont translate well to the movie screen.
Hooper fucked that one up, too. He was completely wrapped up in the idea of the cast members singing in front of the camera, but then didn't get cast people whose singing would do their parts justice. Even Jackman and Hathaway sound like ass compared to their stage counterparts, and don't even get me started on Russell fucking Crowe, who was absolutely awful. Hell, even Samantha Barks, who was the only actual professional stage performer in the bunch, seemed to dumb down her singing as Eponine so she didn't blow everybody else away. It was like a high school cast with world class sets. Very disappointing, and despite the production values, nothing I'd ever want to watch again.

Had that movie been done like the screen adaptation of Phantom it would have been massively better.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:53 PM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by :
‘Cats’ on Track to Lose $100 Million as Audiences Shun Taylor Swift Film

The biggest box office bomb of 2019 may be Universal’s Taylor Swift-starring, CGI-heavy, Cats, which looks to be on track to lose as much as $100 million for the studio.

The film, which opened Christmas week, already earned one of the worst openings of the year for a supposed blockbuster film. The studio expected a $15 million opening weekend — already a low expectation — but the final tally was a far worse $6.5 million.

Even some of the entertainment industry’s biggest names could not salvage this bomb. The major motion picture adaptation of the long-running Andrew Lloyd Weber stage play has crashed and burned despite featuring the talents of stars with names as big as Taylor Swift, Jennifer Hudson, Idris Elba, Judi Dench, and more.

The film has done badly in the U.S., but its overseas take is also terrible having only pulled in $38 million after two weeks in theaters. And the news for Cats keeps getting worse. Now it has been reported that the film may lose $100 million for the studio. That would be its entire filming budget and then some...
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...or-swift-film/
[Reply]
DaFace 11:14 PM 01-01-2020

[Reply]
DaFace 06:18 PM 01-04-2020
This is one of the more hilarious things I've read in a while. It's the account of a guy who took some shrooms and went to see Cats.

https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2020/01...s-and-saw-cats
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:34 PM 01-04-2020
This is one of the more hilarious things I've read in a while. It's the account of a guy who took some shrooms and went to see Cats.

My God that’s hilarious. Why would anyone think this was a good idea.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:28 AM 01-06-2020
Originally Posted by JD10367:
Uhhh.... what? "Jesus Christ Superstar", "The Sound Of Music", "My Fair Lady", "Les Miserables" (which was only picked on because of the live singing), "Phantom Of The Opera", "South Pacific", "Chicago", "A Chorus Line", "Cabaret"...
Did you ignore the question he asked that elicited that answer?

I suspect you probably did.
[Reply]
Pablo 11:28 AM 01-08-2020

Wow, sounds like the worst trip fucking ever. No thanks.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:23 AM 01-10-2020
the real star of that comment that said Ok SHROOMER
[Reply]
listopencil 01:51 PM 03-20-2020
We Spent 24 Hours Searching for the Elusive “Butthole Cut” of Cats
By Yohana Desta

On Tuesday, the actor and writer partook in the ancient theatrical tradition that is trying to understand the baffling, inscrutable movie-musical Cats (recently available on digital). Rogen wrote a long Twitter thread about the experience, marveling at the impossibly small cat shoes worn by several characters and wondering what the hell a “Jellicle” is, anyway. (For the record, that made-up word is a play on how posh Brits pronounce “dear little” cats).In the process, Rogen also tweet-quoted a post from screenwriter Jack Waz, who claimed to know a visual effects artist who had been tapped to work on Cats back in November. That VFX person’s job? “To remove CGI buttholes that had been inserted a few months before,” Waz wrote. “Which means that, somewhere out there, there exists a butthole cut of Cats.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...tthole-cut-vfx
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up