ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 153
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:09 PM 12-31-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Hence, believing that Sabine Wren's clan were victims of mass genocide.

The Dark Sabre is sacred to Mandalorians
Keg was correct: Sabine gave the Darksaber to Bo-Katan. It was no longer in Sabine's possession so if anyone was killed, it was Bo-Katan or her heirs.

Filoni has hinted recently that Ahsoka Tano is alive during The Mandalorian time period, so it's possible, if not likely, that Sabine Wren is alive as well.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:22 PM 12-31-2019
What Jedi could he look for? They're even more rare than Mandalorians. So rare that he obviously knew nothing about then when the story began, whereas everyone on any planet in the Galaxy calls him Mando on sight immediately.

He didn't recognize force powers in action, had no idea what had happened with the Mudhorn. He didn't appear to even know the word Jedi until the Armorer finally told him about the enemy sorcerers. This is a successful bounty hunter, here, and he's never even heard of Jedi.

So my guess is he's looking for a planet of Yoda's next, not just random Jedi. But maybe random Jedi is all he can find, seeing as in all Star Wars canon, all we've ever seen is Yoda, Yaddle and the baby.

Do we even know that the baby is a real baby and not a clone or something else.

In any case, if he's maybe a toddler, at best, at 50, this story isn't about baby Yoda's training. Because he won't even be angsty teen Yoda until long after Mando is dead. Baby yoda is probably just an initial puzzle piece leading us to someone or something else. There's no way this turns into the adventures of Mando and his Mandalorian Yoda partner.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:27 PM 12-31-2019
Some have suggested that Sabine herself is the Armorer, but that doesn't make any sense to me.

I'd be kind of surprised if she doesn't show up at some point in this story. Would be really cool if they could just use Tiya Sircar.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:28 PM 12-31-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
What Jedi could he look for? They're even more rare than Mandalorians. So rare that he obviously knew nothing about then when the story began, whereas everyone on any planet in the Galaxy calls him Mando on sight immediately.

He didn't recognize force powers in action, had no idea what had happened with the Mudhorn. He didn't appear to even know the word Jedi until the Armorer finally told him about the enemy sorcerers. This is a successful bounty hunter, here, and he's never even heard of Jedi.

So my guess is he's looking for a planet of Yoda's next, not just random Jedi. But maybe random Jedi is all he can find, seeing as in all Star Wars canon, all we've ever seen is Yoda, Yaddle and the baby.

In any case, if he's maybe a toddler, at best, at 50, this story isn't about baby Yoda's training. Because he won't even be angsty teen Yoda until long after Mando is dead. Baby yoda is probably just an initial puzzle piece leading us to someone or something else. There's no way this turns into the adventures of Mando and his Mandalorian Yoda partner.
Luke Skywalker Ezra, and Lea are still out there

Nick Nolte's character confirmed he wasn't a clone

As I said before the original Episode VII treatment was going to be held 1000 years after ROJ future with Baby Yoda Filoni and Farveau may rectify a version of that

Mind you, I didn't even know they were using "Baby Yoda"
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:39 PM 12-31-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Luke Skywalker Ezra, and Lea are still out there
Yes, but again, he obviously doesn't know anything about them. They may not even be publicly acknowledged as force users. And, again, he didn't know there was such a thing as a force user until he found baby Yoda.

On the flip side, there's obviously other Yoda's out there, unless thinks this one just appeared out of thin air.

So what is he going to search for? Mythical Jedi that he learned about roughly 5 minutes ago? Or more creatures like this actual child he's been flying ariund with? What's going to be more real to him, more substantial?

If it were me (and obviously it's not) I'd have him search for more Yoda's and then stumble across some Jedi in th process. Maybe even have the Jedi search him out, after hearing rumors about this cute little green child.

To me this seems like a great opportunity to develop lore on Yoda's race. Jedi are getting enough screen time in the Skywalker films.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:39 PM 12-31-2019
Yes, but again, he obviously doesn't know anything about them. They may not even be publicly acknowledged as force users. And, again, he didn't know there was such a thing as a force user until he found baby Yoda.

On the flip side, there's obviously other Yoda's out there, unless thinks this one just appeared out of thin air.
If his mother Yaddle(Jedi Master), and Baby Yoda who is 50 years old same age as Anakin (immaculate birth) and and as naturally powerful other force users will attempt seek him out too (other Yodas and light side users) in other words his very presence will attract them . the conflict will be users who have a malicious intent will engage to "collect" him believing it's destiny to find him because he's the true Chosen One.

Originally Posted by :
So what is he going to search for? Mythical Jedi that he learned about roughly 5 minutes ago? Or more creatures like this actual child he's been flying ariund with? What's going to be more real to him, more substantial?

If it were me (and obviously it's not) I'd have him search for more Yoda's and then stumble across some Jedi in th process. Maybe even have the Jedi search him out, after hearing rumors about this cute little green child.

To me this seems like a great opportunity to develop lore on Yoda's race. Jedi are getting enough screen time in the Skywalker films.
I agree, but, in the end it will be centered around finding Skywalker The Chosen Son( The Mcguffin till TLJ) because ultimately The Child finds him like the gravitational pull of a star until they leap forward in a different era .

They'll run into former students and Knights of Ren

George Lucas has said he wants to keep Yoda and his past which also includes his species a mystery like The Man with No Name, or the Blind Samurai
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:10 PM 12-31-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Absolutely awesome, but the story was mostly written already. We knew how it ended. It leaned heavily upon ANH and established characters.

We don't know how the Mando started or ended and it mostly only depends on entirely new characters.

Which is why it gets my vote for THE BEST ****ING THING EVER since '83.
That's fair.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:08 AM 01-01-2020

this takes place 15 years after Return of the Jedi and 15 years before Luke starts the new Jedi school, correct?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:20 AM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
this takes place 15 years after Return of the Jedi and 15 years before Luke starts the new Jedi school, correct?
5 years after ROJ, hence Luke is a beacon for any force sensitive being
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:55 AM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
none of this is happening

jon favreau isn't a hamfisted moron like JJ

baby yoda will likely remain...baby
until Disney can prove it knows how to tell a Star Wars story correctly, they need to stop doing and planning trilogies.

And when they do green light one, Favreau needs to be in charge of the storyline.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:06 PM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
until Disney can prove it knows how to tell a Star Wars story correctly, they need to stop doing and planning trilogies.

And when they do green light one, Favreau needs to be in charge of the storyline.
FYI, Dave Filoni is the Co-Executive Producer, Co-Screenwriter and directed two of the "Chapters" this season, including the Debut Chapter 1.

IMO, this series feels more like a Dave Filoni Produced/Written series than anything Favreau's done in the past.

For my money, it's basically a Live-Action version of The Clone Wars series with new characters.

The beats are exactly the same between both series.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:24 PM 01-01-2020
So apparently they are casting for a young Luke Skywalker for the Young Obi Wan series.

So they knew each other when Luke was young????? I never picked up on that at all.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:50 PM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
So apparently they are casting for a young Luke Skywalker for the Young Obi Wan series.

So they knew each other when Luke was young????? I never picked up on that at all.
Luke knew Ben Kenobi in A New Hope and immediately recognized him after the Tusken Raiders attacked him while searching for R2.

Kenobi kept a close watch on Luke when he was young, which was evident in the final season of Star Wars Rebels.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:55 PM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

There are only a half dozen lines in ANH referencing it. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:28 PM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
FYI, Dave Filoni is the Co-Executive Producer, Co-Screenwriter and directed two of the "Chapters" this season, including the Debut Chapter 1.

IMO, this series feels more like a Dave Filoni Produced/Written series than anything Favreau's done in the past.

For my money, it's basically a Live-Action version of The Clone Wars series with new characters.

The beats are exactly the same between both series.
Filoni was the one responsible for Act III of Rogue One, correct?
[Reply]
Page 24 of 153
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Up