Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Media Center>Doctor Strange
Mr. Laz 09:59 AM 12-29-2015
He looks pretty good.

[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:19 PM 11-08-2016
Originally Posted by Javabean:
Here you go. This is from memory so the exact quotes are a bit off.

Spoiler!

Hmm. Nothing I would blow a load about.

Thanks.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:25 AM 11-09-2016
And no one noticed the PINK FLOYD gem in DR STRANGE?
[Reply]
cabletech94 07:28 PM 11-09-2016
so i'm going to see this friday night. do i splurge and go to the 3D showing? or do i see the "normal" version?

thanks in advance.
[Reply]
Fish 09:50 PM 11-09-2016
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
so i'm going to see this friday night. do i splurge and go to the 3D showing? or do i see the "normal" version?

thanks in advance.
http://www.cinemablend.com/3d/
[Reply]
Fish 10:11 AM 11-15-2016
So it was a fun movie. Visually awesome. But the plot and writing fell a little flat. Their approach to magic and mysticism definitely left a lot to be desired too. They didn't really even try to explain how magic blended in with the rest of the MCU. It came off as a lazy deus ex machina solution. But it was fun.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:49 AM 11-15-2016
Originally Posted by Fish:
So it was a fun movie. Visually awesome. But the plot and writing fell a little flat. Their approach to magic and mysticism definitely left a lot to be desired too. They didn't really even try to explain how magic blended in with the rest of the MCU. It came off as a lazy deus ex machina solution. But it was fun.
It's a touchy subject.

In the comix it's gifted by superior beings (gods, devils, etc.) or totems from those beings as they very briefly touched on in the film. Disney/Marvel are trying to dip their toe into magic in a way that won't make parents and the religious finger pointers go nuts.

Also there is a lot to explain about Dr. Strange. It's not a comic you can just pick up and really feel like you get right away. I knew going in this film would lack in one area or another because you just can't touch on everything in a 2 hour film.

I would expect a jump in writing/quality of storytelling much like you saw with Cap from the first to second film...
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:29 PM 11-15-2016
Originally Posted by cabletech94:

thanks in advance.
I saw it in 3D and I thought the effects were fantastic. I typically hate 3D movies but this one really worked well.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:39 PM 11-15-2016
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
I saw it in 3D and I thought the effects were fantastic. I typically hate 3D movies but this one really worked well.
It's a different take and a different direction for the Marvel CU.

Despite my homer nature there isn't a film in the last 10 years that's done this much with CGI in a good way.

I would say Dr. Strange is a movie that depends more on what Marvel is doing than any film before it. It's setting it up.
[Reply]
unlurking 05:44 PM 11-15-2016
Originally Posted by Rausch:
It's a touchy subject.

In the comix it's gifted by superior beings (gods, devils, etc.) or totems from those beings as they very briefly touched on in the film. Disney/Marvel are trying to dip their toe into magic in a way that won't make parents and the religious finger pointers go nuts.

Also there is a lot to explain about Dr. Strange. It's not a comic you can just pick up and really feel like you get right away. I knew going in this film would lack in one area or another because you just can't touch on everything in a 2 hour film.

I would expect a jump in writing/quality of storytelling much like you saw with Cap from the first to second film...
Hope to see it this weekend, but expected it would gloss over a lot. Hope they come out with an extended cut.
[Reply]
Fish 08:20 PM 11-15-2016
Originally Posted by Rausch:
It's a different take and a different direction for the Marvel CU.

Despite my homer nature there isn't a film in the last 10 years that's done this much with CGI in a good way.

I would say Dr. Strange is a movie that depends more on what Marvel is doing than any film before it. It's setting it up.
The CGI was incredible. I bet it wins a bunch of awards for graphics/visuals. Jumped right into the action with a bunch of world-bending craziness. I thought they did a great job of recreating the trippy multiuniverse stuff Strange is known for. And the cape was great too. They nailed that down to the moment he told the cape to "Stop." LOL..
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:26 PM 11-17-2016
Originally Posted by Fish:
The CGI was incredible. I bet it wins a bunch of awards for graphics/visuals. Jumped right into the action with a bunch of world-bending craziness. I thought they did a great job of recreating the trippy multiuniverse stuff Strange is known for. And the cape was great too. They nailed that down to the moment he told the cape to "Stop." LOL..
This! Best IMAX 3D effects I've ever seen. Didn't seem dark. AND the Rogue One trailer in IMAX 3D was fantastic. Can't wait.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 12:15 PM 11-18-2016
Solid Movie. Hated the adaption of Dormammu's physical form as a reflection of Dr. Strange. I wanted to see the flaming fucking skull. Lots of Setup: Showing the Staff of One (The Runaways), The Wand of Watoom (How he links up w Spiderman), The Mindless Ones. Nice references to IM2 and Captain Marvel on the phone call while he is driving at the beginning. Extra points for Interstellar Overdrive on the radio.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 06:59 PM 11-19-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
This! Best IMAX 3D effects I've ever seen. Didn't seem dark. AND the Rogue One trailer in IMAX 3D was fantastic. Can't wait.
Better than Gravity?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:17 PM 11-19-2016
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
Better than Gravity?
didnt see it in a movie theatre do I can't compare.
[Reply]
JD10367 09:35 AM 11-20-2016
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
Better than Gravity?
I liked "Gravity" better but the quality in "Strange" is higher. "Gravity" seemed more of a conversion (either that or the quality of the source camera was better) and didn't look filmed in IMAX; it was sorta blurry. "Strange" is one of those IMAX conversions that you can't tell wasn't filmed in it (aside from the obvious letterboxing). It's definitely worth seeing in IMAX if you can (real IMAX, not the tiny shit).
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up