ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 26
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Media Center>Whats your Favorite Podcasts?
SLAG 07:42 PM 05-22-2007
I wanna know
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:38 AM 06-12-2013
Listening to Carolla, Ice-T and Coco on. Pleasantly surprised. Every time I see her, I think 'this is a person I don't want to know any more about.'

But merely listening to her on the computer, without the cartoonish boobs, butt and lips, she sounds like some midwestern pollyanna super nice down to earth chick. Would never picture her is I hadn't seen her before.

What's the deal? Is she a sweetie who happens to have Mecha-Kardashian features, or is she just being nice for Adam and the press tour?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:31 AM 06-12-2013
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Also Gilbert [you know the one] on Norm MacDonald Live Monday sounds promising.

I'd be willing to chance muscular dystrophy to lick Catherine Zeta Jones' asshole.

BTW - I love that Norm has such animus for 'serious' comedy. Posted clips of Jeaneane and Bill Hicks without comment [actually, surrounding the bit, but not directly commenting on these clips, he was announcing his intent to change, because his work was shit 'you're not funny unless someone assassinate you for your comedy'] and let them stand for how precious and UNFUNNY they were.
[Reply]
Buck 11:07 AM 06-12-2013
Yeah, that link was taken private when the audio posted at Itunes, to bolster their Itunes downloads for a week or so. Probably have to wait to Sunday or Monday.

EDT: BTW, this led me to some vidcasts I had missed somehow, and a subsequent change in my avatar, explained here.

Scott [Aukerman, host, left] has a history of being VERY perturbed if guests interrupt the 'Would You Rather' theme [opening fanfare to 'Frogs the Musical' by Stephen Sondheim, and yes that exists], often engaging in prolonged cursing tirades if they make a sound. So PFT as Cake Boss, Buddy Vilastro [CakeBoss!!] is honoring that history with steely resolve.
I don't know if you missed it, but PFT as Cake Boss doing that star down was my avatar for a few weeks. I had to do a double take when I saw it as your avatar for the first time.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:42 AM 06-12-2013
Originally Posted by Buck:
I don't know if you missed it, but PFT as Cake Boss doing that star down was my avatar for a few weeks. I had to do a double take when I saw it as your avatar for the first time.
My dream [which I've done nothing about, know so little about social media], is to somehow get to Scott the idea of, you know how he always gets Cake Boss' name wrong, calling Cake Boss Brucie Valanchstro. Just spring that little pun on PFT.

BTW I did finally see the Gary Marshall/Gilly episode and the;

What's your alien name?

Oh, it's unpronouncable.

Is it the 'N word?'

exchange was worth the wait. to see PFT holding his breath for like a minute trying to recover decorum.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:20 AM 07-01-2013
I am actually in melancholy over this show, . . but it's because there aren't more of them. Ripped through them pretty quickly and find myself peeking back regularly to see if new episodes are up. Luckily there was one with Andy Dick this week, and it might have been the best episode yet, what with Norm freed up to pose a bunch of homo queries and bon mots.

Now I am jonesing for more and more.

The guy is a national treasure. I don't know if there is anyone more innately funny in the world today. No exxageration. I'd put him up with Jonathan Winters and that is rarified air IMO.

EDIT: Kudos to whomever it was. . . Swardson? Who queried Norm on whether he was running a Jiminy Glick kind of thing. :-) :-) - 'cause Norm is a great big fat guy now.
Looks like Norm is kind of spazzing on the show. Lost mangrate, Gilbert II instead of Kevin Farley, no episode after then competing rumors of illness, summer hiatus, working on a screenplay, and fired by whomever provides his youtube bandwidth.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 04:27 PM 07-01-2013
Looks like Norm is kind of spazzing on the show. Lost mangrate, Gilbert II instead of Kevin Farley, no episode after then competing rumors of illness, summer hiatus, working on a screenplay, and fired by whomever provides his youtube bandwidth.

here's a compilation of 10-15 minute bits Norm did for the Dennis Miller radio/podcast. this was done when the writers were on strike. Norm emptied his topical joke vault. This is worth listening to when there's no more Norm live show.
[Reply]
ImAWalkingCorpse 06:00 PM 07-01-2013
Radiodrome is a pretty good one.
[Reply]
blaise 10:26 AM 07-02-2013
I had a mention on Jay Mohr's most recent podcast with Bill Burr.
[Reply]
Buck 03:55 PM 07-17-2013
Going to see Comedy Bang Bang live tonight.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:12 PM 07-18-2013
Going to see Comedy Bang Bang live tonight.
Sorry Paul Rust was the guest you got.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:37 AM 07-29-2013
Andy Kindler goes full-on cunty.

http://www.laughspin.com/2013/07/27/...-werent-funny/
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:00 PM 08-05-2013
Alton Brown has joined the Nerdist network and is hosting his own show.

If you're picturing the guy from Good Eats rambling entertainingly about the finer points of gastronomy, you wouldn't be wrong.
[Reply]
noa 06:08 PM 08-05-2013
I've been on a kick going back through old CBBs and listening to Andy Daly's characters. He has me in tears in almost every appearance. He and PFT both have a remarkable ability to make quick, witty repsonses while staying perfectly in character.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:09 PM 08-05-2013
Originally Posted by noa:
I've been on a kick going back through old CBBs and listening to Andy Daly's characters. He has me in tears in almost every appearance. He and PFT both have a remarkable ability to make quick, witty repsonses while staying perfectly in character.
Dip didda dit doooooowwwww!!!
[Reply]
patteeu 08:02 PM 08-05-2013
Originally Posted by ZootedGranny:
Firstly, I have to give a shoutout to Out of the Game

4Guys1up (formerly 1up Yours)
Retronauts (1up's retro-gaming podcast)
Sports Anomaly (1up sports game podcast)
Giant Bombcast
The Geekbox
RebelFM

I also listen to all of the podcasts on the Adam Carolla Entertainment Network:
The Adam Carolla podcast
Carcast
Ace on the House
Sportscast with Spider and the Henchman

The PTI podcast
The BS Report

I Love Movies
Dan Carlin's Hardcore History
Radiolab
This American Life
WTF with Marc Maron
Originally Posted by Silock:
Hardcore History. This podcast fucking OWNS MY SOUL. Superbly narrated, divine storytelling and fascinating look at history across all time periods. This podcast is fucking amazing.

Listen to it now. You won't regret it.
Hardcore History is great.

The Stuff You Should Know TV show is absolute horseshit.
Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels:
Hardcore History, of course-- been hooked for about 3 years now.
Common Sense
You Made It Weird
The Bugle
Joe Rogan (about 50% of the time)
Radiolab
My Brother, My Brother, and Me
Comedy Bang Bang
I agree about Hardcore History. Awesome.

You guys might like a podcast series on the Byzantine Empire called "12 Byzantine Rulers" by Lars Brownworth.

I'm looking forward to his "Norman Centuries" followup, but I haven't listened to it yet.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 26
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up