ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Media Center>Spielberg/Hanks 'Masters of the Air' sequel is 'Band of Brothers' With Planes
alanm 09:31 PM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by :
I watched through the finale tonight. It was a satisfying end. Spoiler alert - in the end USA are back to back World War champs.
:-) :-)

Well there's only the naval version left. I don't count "The Pacific" as being the naval version. Since it was all Marines. I'd love it if they were to tell the story of the USS Enterprise. Hell it was Enterprise vs Japan at the end of Guadalcanal as they were the only standing carrier left in the Pacific. Right there is a story that has never really been fully told.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:08 AM 03-16-2024
It was pretty bad. Endless story lines or brief moments that looked like something was being developed and just go nowhere or are completely forgotten. The Crosby love affair especially and mystery of the woman’s job was a giant waste of time. It would have been much better off focusing on perhaps one specific year of missions.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 04:26 AM 03-20-2024
The accompanying documentary, The Bloody Hundredth, is very good, more satisfying than the series itself. Had interviews with some of the real guys, including Rosie.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:03 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
The accompanying documentary, The Bloody Hundredth, is very good, more satisfying than the series itself. Had interviews with some of the real guys, including Rosie.

Thanks, I'll make a point to watch that

Overall, pretty disappointed with the series, though the finale was a lot better than the rest of it. At least they got me to care about the main characters at the end. Mostly what it did was make me want to rewatch BoB.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:34 PM 03-24-2024

[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up