ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 32
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Houston hires Nick Caserio to be GM
Mecca 06:38 PM 01-05-2021
More New England trash, these teams will never learn.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:22 PM 01-07-2021
Vikings would be an interesting one. Clear upgrade over Cousins and some really nice weapons.

Would probably position them as the “next” team in the NFC North when Rodgers declines.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:26 PM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
You know Elway is going to be calling. I would hate him in Denver.
facing Mahomes and Herbert twice a year can’t be very appealing for him, though. Not that it matters necessarily.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:46 PM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Has anybody ever even heard of a player being involved in the hiring of a GM? That's a ridiculous thing to promise or expect.
I don't know how much it's about not being consulted as much as it is Watson hating bill Obrien and knowing that Caserio sets him up for the same bs.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:04 PM 01-07-2021
Has a franchise QB in their prime ever been traded within the conference?

I mean just look at the last several big trades:

Ramsey
Clark
Ford
Hopkins
Diggs
Ngakoue
Buckner

Those kind of big trades are almost always made with teams outside of the conference.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:01 PM 01-07-2021
I would see this becoming an NFC East bidding war. All four teams would want him, be instantly better, and also fear the other teams in the division getting him.

Dallas and Philly might actually make the most sense and be the only teams with the assets to pull this off as each could send a damaged yet somewhat proven high potential QB in return to soften the blow for the Texans.
[Reply]
wazu 11:02 PM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I would see this becoming an NFC East bidding war. All four teams would want him, be instantly better, and also fear the other teams in the division getting him.

Dallas and Philly might actually make the most sense and be the only teams with the assets to pull this off as each could send a damaged yet somewhat proven high potential QB in return to soften the blow for the Texans.
When you say that which QB are you talking about from Philly?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:11 PM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Has a franchise QB in their prime ever been traded within the conference?

I mean just look at the last several big trades:

Ramsey
Clark
Ford
Hopkins
Diggs
Ngakoue
Buckner

Those kind of big trades are almost always made with teams outside of the conference.
McNabb went 10-4 in 2009, made the Pro Bowl, and was traded within the division.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:13 PM 01-07-2021
I know guys are desperate to become head coaches in this league and all, but it's bad enough to land on a team with shitty owner and a fuckstick power hungry Patriot douche in the shadows pulling the strings, all led at the top by another soon-to-be epic failure of a Patriot GM castoff. Now you have to go to that team while the franchise QB is fucking pissed off and wants out of there, so you might have to lead that dysfunctional hell hole through a goddamn rebuild.

I know of only one man who is dumb enough and desperate enough to want a job like that

[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:13 PM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
When you say that which QB are you talking about from Philly?

They would have to dump Wentz I assume for salary cap purposes, which I think both sides could be okay with. Though at this point Wentz for Watson straight up wouldn’t do it. They would need to add in something, like a high first round pick which they happen to have. Seemingly the same situation with Dak.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:15 PM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
McNabb went 10-4 in 2009, made the Pro Bowl, and was traded within the division.
Yea, but he looked done the next year, and Reid clearly knew it. He was also 34, so I wouldn’t say he was in his prime either.

Watson is almost 10 years younger. He could haunt the Texans in the AFC for a while. Huge difference.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:19 PM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Please get him out of the AFC.

We’ve got enough good young quarterbacks to deal with.

Watson would bring in a haul of picks.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:29 PM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea, but he looked done the next year, and Reid clearly knew it. He was also 34, so I wouldn’t say he was in his prime either.

Watson is almost 10 years younger. He could haunt the Texans in the AFC for a while. Huge difference.
Yeah, but that's applying hindsight. Reid knew when to get rid of him, but his production still looked like that of a prime McNabb
[Reply]
staylor26 11:31 PM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Yeah, but that's applying hindsight. Reid knew when to get rid of him, but his production still looked like that of a prime McNabb
I still don’t consider 34, especially 10 years ago, “prime” either way.

The point is it’s very unlikely the Texans trade a 25 year old top 5 QB inside the conference.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:33 PM 01-07-2021
:-) McNair is so fucked. It's like if there was a power struggle between Pioli and Mahomes. Who you siding with :-)
[Reply]
wazu 11:36 PM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) McNair is so fucked. It's like if there was a power struggle between Pioli and Mahomes. Who you siding with :-)
Sounds like the power struggle is directly between McNair and Watson.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 32
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up