ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 995 of 3903
« First < 495895945985991992993994995 99699799899910051045109514951995 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:20 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Otwp is nice to me and is sick

You on the other hand always talk down to me. So if you get sick I’ll send you some Canadian mist and a fuck off letter
YOU'RE A DENTIST!!!

What am I supposed to do? Act like you're a decent person who doesn't wildly overstate his importance to society? Dentists get off on the suffering of others - it's the only explanation that can possibly exist for someone willingly taking on tens of thousands of dollars in debt for the privilege of putting his hands in people's mouths all day. Nobody would choose to do that if it wasn't because like like watching people squirm when they jam that damn pick in there.

And I will not take grief for being condescending from the likes of you, sir. I mean shit, you dare besmirch the good name of Canadian Mist? You have clearly exposed your true nature.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:20 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Why do you say that?
He’s right. Those sleep mask cpap things do too
[Reply]
srvy 03:21 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
If anything, it makes it hurt a bit more. Waiting on a call back from my doc.
Have the Doc prescribe that green nasty tasting cough medication. You will be coughing out lung cookies before you know it.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03:21 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
If anything, it makes it hurt a bit more. Waiting on a call back from my doc.
Oh wow, never had an inhaler make me hurt. It usually makes my breathing much better and gets rid of the tightness in my chest.
[Reply]
Monticore 03:21 PM 04-01-2020
Why do you say that?
Making it airborne is no bueno.
[Reply]
TLO 03:23 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I had a guy sneeze blood in my face today after I extracted 3 abscessed teeth

I may not see tomorrow
Great googily moogily
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:23 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I think it's just an issue with people believing something could be true that's so unprecedented. If you read back in the first couple thousand posts in this thread, we had plenty of people (myself included, to some extent) who basically felt like this was just gonna be a bad flu season or another SARS 1.0. It was just incomprehensible that we'd literally have to shut down society for this.

Hell, my brother in law was adamant a week ago that this was all still way overblown. Unfortunately for him, he's a mechanic for the Denver FD, and they just had 9 guys test positive...

The issue with those stats is that they only cover the percent of people who were SEEN AND TREATED. It's been reported that this thing can be carried by people showing no symptoms or only mild symptoms, and it's likely that those kinds of cases actually make up the vast majority of people "infected."

The real death rate is almost certainly well below 1%, and it might be more like 0.00001%, especially once we start including areas where the medical response is prepared and better equipped than rural China.

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Ok. Fair enough.

But it is hard to talk about low probability but high consequence events without generating hysteria and then a backlash to the hysteria.

Coronavirus is new to humans. Nobody has any previous immunity. So the number of people who could contract it is way higher than the seasonal flu.

It is unlikely but still plausible that half the world’s population could contract it over the next year. Even a 0.1% fatality rate would be 4 million people.

That on top of the panic it would cause would be really serious.

Worst case scenarios should be calmly considered and contingency plans made as appropriate.
But that's the whole issue - it's a low probability event that is getting a HUGE amount of media attention and is now bordering on causing mass hysteria. There's a chance we'll get hit by a massive asteroid in the next year and all of humanity will be wiped out. Don't think I'll change my vacation plans just yet, though.
:-)

:-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:23 PM 04-01-2020
CNN reporting that just one lab was 160k Tests behind last wed. And it was growing every day.

Taking over 10 days to get results
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:24 PM 04-01-2020
Oh wow, never had an inhaler make me hurt. It usually makes my breathing much better and gets rid of the tightness in my chest.
Feels tingly like a short run on a cold day.
[Reply]
SupDock 03:25 PM 04-01-2020
I am asking how you know this and what about using a Nebulizer, that uses Albuterol sulfate which comes from salt and is also in the rescue inhaler, makes a person more contagious.
A nebulizer treatment is classified as an Aerosol Generating Procedure, and requires advanced PPE. The aerosolized particles
remainlonger in the air. If you need to use one, use it on the porch, or in the garage.

A MDI does not have the same risk, but it does have risk. PPE requirements are less for MDI usage.

Google should result in a lot of policies and literature.

You are more contagious in the sense that the exhaled nebulized particles are more easily transmitted to those around you than those from a MDI
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:25 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
CNN reporting that just one lab was 160k Tests behind last wed. And it was growing every day.

That's the only decent thing out of my situation. Had results in two days.

Who knows if the results are valid, but...
[Reply]
TLO 03:26 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:

Where at?
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:27 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Where at?
Quest diagnostics.

And they can only process 30k a day
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03:27 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
A nebulizer treatment is classified as an Aerosol Generating Procedure, and requires advanced PPE. The aerosolized particles
remainlonger in the air. If you need to use one, use it on the porch, or in the garage.

A MDI does not have the same risk, but it does have risk. PPE requirements are less for MDI usage.

Google should result in a lot of policies and literature.
I have been using a nebulizer machine with Albuterol since the end of January. I don't have Covid and OTWP tested negative so he does not have it either, most likely, therefore I do not see what the problem would be in these instances. Although I did not know this so in the future if I am ill I will be more careful about where I do my treatments.
[Reply]
SupDock 03:29 PM 04-01-2020
I have been using a nebulizer machine with Albuterol since the end of January. I don't have Covid and OTWP tested negative so he does not have it either, most likely, therefore I do not see what the problem would be in these instances.
Even if he doesn't have Covid-19, he likely has something that he would prefer not to spread.
[Reply]
Page 995 of 3903
« First < 495895945985991992993994995 99699799899910051045109514951995 > Last »
Up