ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 905 of 3903
« First < 405805855895901902903904905 906907908909915955100514051905 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
jaa1025 08:02 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
13/18 epidemiologists in this panel put their mean projected US death toll in 2020 at 100K or greater. A week before the same panel was projecting only a slightly smaller death toll.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...still-unclear/
I do agree that things could spiral quickly if a significant number of healthcare personnel get infected but there are also several other important elements of society that this can be said for like Police and potential of civil unrest or something affecting our food and water supply. If you live in NYC for example, you are much more likely to be impacted by this than the rest of the US.

I've got several nurses and a doctor in my family in the metro area of KC. It's been slow for them but they are expecting things to change in a week or two. We still won't be affected like some of the bigger cities like LA, NYC etc.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 08:03 PM 03-29-2020
I could swear that I saw an article saying that Florida was going to start with an antibody test soon. I'm not holding it up as fact, but I'm certain someone here linked it this week.
[Reply]
stumppy 08:08 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Crunchy to think otherwise would be idiotic.
Keep that crap in Canada hose head.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 08:10 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
I could swear that I saw an article saying that Florida was going to start with an antibody test soon. I'm not holding it up as fact, but I'm certain someone here linked it this week.
I read that here as well.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:11 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DZXUuPtx2...2Bfor%2Bit.gif

You just missed Maria Carey. Elton John on now.
Gee, I missed the whopping 1 hour "concert" tonight. How can I ever live with myself knowing I missed Mrs. Alicia " I'm Jamaican-Italian" but act like I'm from Harlem"Keys???
[Reply]
petegz28 08:12 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
WTf are you talking aboot. hey?
[Reply]
AustinChief 08:12 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
277 new deaths in NY yesterday.
82 today
Assuming accurate numbers, what (if any) conclusions can we draw from this?

There was not a significant drop in cases weeks ago, so why the drop in deaths since they tend to lag by a week or two?

Are the new treatments working?
[Reply]
eDave 08:12 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Gee, I missed the whopping 1 hour "concert" tonight. How can I ever live with myself knowing I missed Mrs. Alicia " I'm Jamaican-Italian" but act like I'm from Harlem"Keys???
Did you post this somewhere before? I swear I saw this exact post somewhere. Not bashing you, but I did. Weird.

And it appears I pasted the wrong link. That was for Smole.
[Reply]
FAX 08:13 PM 03-29-2020
Does anybody else think that Cardi B.'s speaking voice sounds almost exactly like Rosanne Rosannadana?

FAX
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 08:14 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
Assuming accurate numbers, what (if any) conclusions can we draw from this?

There was not a significant drop in cases weeks ago, so why the drop in deaths since they tend to lag by a week or two?

Are the new treatments working?
I have some hope that the apocalypse that some predicted for California might not happen. Beyond that I would think that we’d be hearing all kinds of reports if there was anything to actually report on the anti-vitals.

Less death is a good thing...
[Reply]
petegz28 08:14 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Did you post this somewhere before? I swear I saw this exact post somewhere. Not bashing you, but I did. Weird.
No, :-) , I did not...honest
[Reply]
AustinChief 08:19 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
I have some hope that the apocalypse that some predicted for California might not happen. Beyond that I would think that we’d be hearing all kinds of reports if there was anything to actually report on the anti-vitals.

Less death is a good thing...
For sure... but it doesn't fit all the doom and gloom models... cases have to drop first THEN deaths will follow after a lag... unless of course most of the models are complete horseshit built on crap assumptions. We will know more on that front Monday or Tuesday hopefully.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:21 PM 03-29-2020
Clock has reset.......
[Reply]
Monticore 08:21 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Hawkins Cheezies the OG actually has cheese in them I think.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:22 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
For sure... but it doesn't fit all the doom and gloom models... cases have to drop first THEN deaths will follow after a lag... unless of course most of the models are complete horseshit built on crap assumptions. We will know more on that front Monday or Tuesday hopefully.
Yeah we have to wait until Monday or Tuesday to see how legit these numbers are.

What Trump and Dr Fauci said today, it doesn't sound like the numbers are going to drop until after the peak which should happen in 2-weeks.
[Reply]
Page 905 of 3903
« First < 405805855895901902903904905 906907908909915955100514051905 > Last »
Up