ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 151
« First < 232930313233 343536374383133 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BWillie 02:00 PM 09-25-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
If that were true, the NCAA would end the relationship between apparel companies and their partnered schools.
They should - but at the end of the day the NCAA is still a conglomerate of schools it represents so there is quite a bit of nuance in the situation.

I hope that is the next step.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:04 PM 09-25-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
WSU MIGHT HAVE CHEATED WITH VANVLEET BUT WE DID IT THE ETHICAL WAY!!!!!

:-)

If Bill Self charged rent for how often he's required in some of these folks heads, he'd have enough to pay off the tourney refs as well!
Wichita State, K-State. They are all cheating. Kansas unfortunately just got caught due to FBI wiretaps. It's unfortunate and it is the result of the NCAA being frustrated for not being able to have evidence to punish schools. The NCAA governing body has very little power to do anything most of the time because they don't have subpoena power and they routinely get stonewalled by the player, players family, school and sometimes even local authorities when they do try to do an investigation. It's one of the reasons why their investigations take so long. The coach and "victim" school will just blame the NCAA - and the social media crowd will jump on board like lemmings crucifying the NCAA.

I really don't fault the NCAA much. They are forced to be the NBA's minor league system because the NBA imposes a discriminatory rule that forces some of the top talent to go to college basketball. This whole idea that the NCAA wants the one in done rule is ridiculous. 98% of institution schools do not want these kids coming to the NCAA because they always end up going to a blue blood anyway - and get paid from the apparel company who has the top dog contract: Adidas - Kansas, Nike - Duke, UNC etc. If you had an honest conversation with Bill Self or Coach K about if they liked the OAD rule - I bet they would prefer to not have it. It would make their job alot easier and they wouldn't have so much roster turnover every year and would get to actually build a team instead of a rent a player, but they kind of have to go after those kids because if they don't - someone else will.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:28 PM 09-25-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Non responsive, worthless, juvenile, dumb^

I already stated that.

Why did they send out a notice then? Why didn’t they just mail the probation terms instead?

Explain DeSousa winning his appeal then.

They have zero interest “cleaning up” anything. If they banned all show company involvement in the sport I’ll start to believe you.
If they won - he wouldn't have been suspended at all. Like I said, they are only going to be able to fight the punishment levied, like they did in the DeSousa case.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:08 PM 09-25-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
If they won - he wouldn't have been suspended at all. Like I said, they are only going to be able to fight the punishment levied, like they did in the DeSousa case.
:-) I think we’re just talking past each other at this point.
[Reply]
Tinker Dill 05:40 PM 09-25-2019
This could seal the NCCA's death. The big 5 will say goodbye like they did in footbal. Lose the BB tournament money they done.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:21 AM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by Tinker Dill:
This could seal the NCCA's death. The big 5 will say goodbye like they did in footbal. Lose the BB tournament money they done.
Say what?:-)
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:32 AM 09-26-2019
Here’s the document:

https://publicaffairs.ku.edu/sites/p...%20to%20KU.pdf
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:25 AM 09-26-2019
Here’s the document:

https://publicaffairs.ku.edu/sites/p...%20to%20KU.pdf
Self is done
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:50 AM 09-26-2019
Our old friend Larry Brown makes an appearance in the allegations notice, lulz
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:06 AM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Self is done
If only they were a pure and clean program like the Huskers
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:00 PM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Self is done
As far as I know, they have nothing on Self other than vague text messages. He could claim that he merely wanted Gassnola to put in a good word.

Gassnola's testimony that Self had no knowledge of payment, and the fact that the FBI determined KU to be a "victim of fraud" will severely hurt the NCAA's case.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:11 PM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
As far as I know, they have nothing on Self other than vague text messages. He could claim that he merely wanted Gassnola to put in a good word.

Gassnola's testimony that Self had no knowledge of payment, and the fact that the FBI determined KU to be a "victim of fraud" will severely hurt the NCAA's case.
NCAA is claiming Gassnola is a booster and they cannot by rule be allowed to help the program in any way re: recruiting. In the Doc they are defining Gassnola as a “representative of the Intitution”. And an Adidas employee too. That means booster.

They are not claiming Self paid Gassnola. They are not claiming Self KNEW Gassnola was paying anyone or even offering to. None of it matters - Self used a booster to help him recruit.

Reading thru this it’s clear there’s only one way around it: prove Gassnola isn’t a booster. (Or the term is so vague it’s impossible to define who is)
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:35 PM 09-26-2019
I skimmed through it. Seems like there is a lot of "Self either knew or he should have known" language in it.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:51 PM 09-26-2019
NCAA is claiming Gassnola is a booster and they cannot by rule be allowed to help the program in any way re: recruiting. In the Doc they are defining Gassnola as a “representative of the Intitution”. And an Adidas employee too. That means booster.

They are not claiming Self paid Gassnola. They are not claiming Self KNEW Gassnola was paying anyone or even offering to. None of it matters - Self used a booster to help him recruit.

Reading thru this it’s clear there’s only one way around it: prove Gassnola isn’t a booster. (Or the term is so vague it’s impossible to define who is)
I mean, thats what happened isnt it?. Self knows what Gass and Addidas are doing. Everyone knows. The other coaches do it too. NCAA was finally able to get some evidence to dispute KU and Self didn't have plausible deniability
[Reply]
ROYC75 01:19 PM 09-26-2019
KU only th agreed to say Gassnola as a rep to clear DeSousa. KU wasn't/wouldn't say this since it was promised by NCAA it would have any repercussions in this trial. That statement back then to clear Silvio should have some weight in this as a broken commitment by the NCAA in federal court.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 151
« First < 232930313233 343536374383133 > Last »
Up