ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 360
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
hometeam 01:51 PM 05-21-2015
I have said it before, but I really loved my corn fed big turbo WRX. Made 362whp in it. Great car.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 02:17 PM 05-21-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Yea 4.6 GT with powerflow intake, 4:10 gears and Lunati Cams. More car than I need and shit gas mileage, but one hell of a daily driver for someone like me who's never been big on cars!

I would think swapping the gears back to the 3:55, which I do have, would maybe only change my gas mileage 1-2 MPG? Not sure all the money to do that would be really worth it.

I like the WRX a lot and I thought I'd probably go that route before I got a chance to buy the Mustang. I personally never thought I'd own an American car. lol. Great ride you have.
Its not worth the money to swap the gears, you're going to pay more in labor than you would save in a year in mpg and the fun factor would be greatly decreased.
[Reply]
bigjosh 02:32 PM 05-21-2015
Originally Posted by hometeam:
I have said it before, but I really loved my corn fed big turbo WRX. Made 362whp in it. Great car.
Transmission held up at 362 hp?
[Reply]
lewdog 02:53 PM 05-21-2015
Originally Posted by bigjosh006:
Nice bro. Heres mine
Definitely really like that car. It's the route I was going to go as well. I like the sporty hatchback because it drives better than a regular car with more practicality of hauling some small items. I've only ever owned 2 doors and it's a pain in the ass most of the time.

I had a massive $150 grocery trip using the 'Stang as my grocery getter yesterday. Ugh........

Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Its not worth the money to swap the gears, you're going to pay more in labor than you would save in a year in mpg and the fun factor would be greatly decreased.
BOOM!

I keep saying this as well as the gear swap is likely $500+. I'll tell the wife that Mr. MIA rang on CP and told her to :-)!
[Reply]
Radar Chief 03:39 PM 05-21-2015
Definitely really like that car. It's the route I was going to go as well. I like the sporty hatchback because it drives better than a regular car with more practicality of hauling some small items. I've only ever owned 2 doors and it's a pain in the ass most of the time.

I had a massive $150 grocery trip using the 'Stang as my grocery getter yesterday. Ugh........

BOOM!

I keep saying this as well as the gear swap is likely $500+. I'll tell the wife that Mr. MIA rang on CP and told her to :-)!
$500 would be a cheap gear swap.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:06 PM 05-21-2015
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
$500 would be a cheap gear swap.
Damn. Even if I own the other gears?

Also, my Stang is part of the airbag recall. Dumb and childish.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 05:28 PM 05-21-2015
Damn. Even if I own the other gears?

Also, my Stang is part of the airbag recall. Dumb and childish.
You never want to reuse gears, they are almost impossible to set up correctly and will whine like a bitch.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:59 PM 05-21-2015
You never want to reuse gears, they are almost impossible to set up correctly and will whine like a bitch.
And the money I pay you guys for your knowledge is well worth it.

Thanks!
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 06:20 PM 05-21-2015
Now that I got the Hellcat my 79 Vette is going to get lonely. Anyone interested in a badass C3? http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/4994408485.html
I'd be willing to accept a partial trade, as my daughter is nearly sixteen and will need a car soon. Here's the add text for those who don't want to go to CL.

101,000 miles
Paint is not perfect but looks better than almost all the other C3's I looked at last year.
No rust underneath. Very clean!
Interior is not perfect but, again, better than almost all the others I looked at when I was shopping for one.
Good T-Tops with carrying case

Here are the new parts I put on it. Everything is fresh, with less than 500 miles since the install.
Blueprint engines motor BP3834CTC1 but with the upgraded roller rockers. Came with 30 month or 50,000 mile warranty
Rebuilt automatic transmission
Rebuilt rear end
DeWitts Radiator - Cost about $1,000 - part number 4139077A - Engine will never overheat!
Hi-Torque mini starter
Rebuilt alternator
Hooker headers - full-length ceramic coated
Full exhaust including Magnaflow hide-away mufflers
Front coil springs and insulators
Edelbrock Performer Series Street Fuel Pump
Wheel spinner kit
Corvette logo valve stem caps
Borgeson Power Steering Pump and Conversion Kit. I learned the hard way that the factory setup is prone to leaking and other issues.
New brake master cylinder
Front Spreader bar
Completely new A/C system, including compressor, accumulator, lines etc.
New heater core
Spark Plugs NGK-7405
Harmonic Balancer
Torque Converter - 2300-2600 Stall
Flexplate
Spark Plug Wires - Moroso
New bushings throughout most of the car. Some rubber and some poly.
New Reproduction Wheels. They look just like the factory wheels but are chrome. I also still have the factory wheels.
New Mickey Thompson tires - all four
Bilstein Shocks - HD fronts
Bilstein Shocks - Rears
Rear Leaf Monospring - Composite Fiberglass 340lb
Brake Pads & rebuilt one or two of the calipers
U-Joints
Tie Rods
Idler Arm
Ball Joints
Motor Mounts
Stereo - When I got the car someone had put a crappy CD player in it. I replaced it with a Retrosound Model Two Digital media receiver. It looks factory and is what a lot of people put in classic cars.

I know there are other items that I replaced but the list above is from the receipts I could find.

The stuff I can think of that it needs...
The passenger side mirror is a little loose. Need to pull door panel and tighten bolts.
The antennae is broken. I bought a replacement but haven't installed it.
Needs new turn signal switch. It is loose. You have to hold it to signal left. Right works fine.
Needs some part installed to correct the speedometer. I can't remember what my mechanic called it.

I'm still in the engine break-in period so I haven't really got on it yet but this car has a ton of power compared to stock. It also sounds like a bada$$ car. I get tons of compliments on it. I've got over $25,000 invested. Willing to take a loss as it will just take up space in my garage.
[Reply]
hometeam 06:38 PM 05-21-2015
Originally Posted by bigjosh006:
Transmission held up at 362 hp?
Yep, and I have since sold it, it still runs around town, ragged out a bit, but still on same build and tranny over 60k miles since build.
[Reply]
bigjosh 06:43 PM 05-21-2015
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Yep, and I have since sold it, it still runs around town, ragged out a bit, but still on same build and tranny over 60k miles since build.
Nice man. Mines getting a new tranny under warranty right now.

Im probably not going to get anywhere close to 362hp but ill squeeze a little something more out of it.

Id like to get a nice mild suspension for it so i can track it a couple times a year. But other than that its going to be my daily driver.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:38 PM 05-21-2015
This.

Lew it's not worth it to change those gears.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:40 PM 05-21-2015
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
This.

Lew it's not worth it to change those gears.
Just discussed this with the wife. She's on board now and understands! You guys kick ass. YES YES YES. She also told me since she's off Monday and I'm not, that I should take her car to work. I think she wants to run the Stang while I'm at work. :-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:48 PM 05-21-2015
Just discussed this with the wife. She's on board now and understands! You guys kick ass. YES YES YES. She also told me since she's off Monday and I'm not, that I should take her car to work. I think she wants to run the Stang while I'm at work. :-)
Uuummmmmm dude, she is definitely wanting to run the stang.

It's usually a race to the tuck when I have it at home.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:59 PM 05-22-2015
I've never taken any car Ive owned to a dealership for work. Had to for this airbag recall. Said 1.5 hours. 3 hours later they feed me a line of bullshit about defective part in one they were to install and had to get part from another dealership as this was their last airbag here. I hate dealerships.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 360
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Up