ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 114 of 460
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124164214 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:17 AM 02-19-2010
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I kind of got out of golf last year just due to work, family, etc. I'm hoping to get back into it fully this year. We should do a CP Golf outing sometime.
I left golf for about 8 years. Now that my kids are older, and want to play, I'm ALL in. I even have my wife getting into the game. Matter of fact, my wife and I are going on a 5-Day golf vacation in Sedona in May.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:20 AM 02-19-2010
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I left golf for about 8 years. Now that my kids are older, and want to play, I'm ALL in. I even have my wife getting into the game. Matter of fact, my wife and I are going on a 5-Day golf vacation in Sedona in May.
That would be a blast. Of course, I've always said to myself "Keep the wife out of golf....it's the only piece and quiet you get" lol.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:27 AM 02-19-2010
I don't care about any of this crap about Tiger going through sex therapy. He probably doesn't mean any of it, anyway. I just want him to play golf again by the Masters.
[Reply]
smittysbar 09:51 PM 02-20-2010

I could never hit an 11 degree loft driver. I already hit an extremely high ball with a 9.5degree loft. Nice looking club, though.
Yeah I hit 8.5 to 9.5
[Reply]
kstater 04:20 PM 03-06-2010
Just got in from 2 man scramble. -2 69 to finish at the bottom of the champ. flight. Fun considering we'd only played twice since last fall. Wishing we'd found a bogey somewhere.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:25 PM 03-06-2010
Just went and chipped and putted for about 45 minutes for the first time this year.

I'm working on two main things this year: keeping my spine angle consistent, and making sure that my left wrist doesn't break down in my putting stroke.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:38 PM 03-06-2010
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I hate square drivers, personally. No feel, and they don't go as far, IMO.

YMMV.

I'm in the market for a new complete fucking waste of money driver myself.

That said, the technological advances from my G2 to the current crop isn't what most would have you believe.

I'm thinking about grabbing a gently used Rapture (original, super long) or taking an FT-9 for a test drive and figuring out what shaft works best for me.
I used to feel the same way about square drivers.

Then I picked up a Callaway FT-I on eBay with a matrix xcon 6 for nothing. Dude had no idea the shaft alone was worth a bundle. Figured if I hated it, I'd pull the shaft and double/triple my money.

Finally took it out yesterday, and I hit the biggest bombs ever with it - and you can still work the club. Pretty damn happy about that get.
[Reply]
kstater 04:46 PM 03-06-2010
I tried a Nike Square driver a couple years ago and just couldn't hit it. Didn't like it so haven't tried another one since.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:59 PM 03-06-2010
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
I used to feel the same way about square drivers.

Then I picked up a Callaway FT-I on eBay with a matrix xcon 6 for nothing. Dude had no idea the shaft alone was worth a bundle. Figured if I hated it, I'd pull the shaft and double/triple my money.

Finally took it out yesterday, and I hit the biggest bombs ever with it - and you can still work the club. Pretty damn happy about that get.
I would bet that most of that is the shaft, though.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 05:32 PM 03-06-2010
I would bet that most of that is the shaft, though.
Absolutely.

But if I'm hitting the ball just as far, in some cases farther - and hitting more fairways in the process - I could give a shit what the clubhead looks like.

It's not for everyone, I know, but I'm glad I gave it a shot.
[Reply]
Stinger 05:37 PM 03-06-2010

making sure that my left wrist doesn't break down in my putting stroke.
Went through the same issue a couple of years back, changed my putting grip from a traditional overlap to a reverse overlap grip. Took a good couple of weeks to get a feel but have loved it on short ,3-8 foot putts ever since. And that grip doesn't allow for the wrist breakdown.
[Reply]
Braincase 06:18 PM 03-06-2010
Kind of my story. My oldest was born 13 1/2 years ago and I put 'em up. Last year, all three kids and my wief seemed to show an interest. Went out, bought some new clubs, and joined a club. Having a blast. Now if I can just keep myself from opening up to early in my swing.
[Reply]
kstater 04:39 PM 03-07-2010
Some epic lawls going on right now
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:43 PM 03-07-2010
I was at a Dick's Sporting Goods last night and found the following clubs:

Callaway FT-IQ Imix (Fubuki) for 199 (they also have the V2 and ProLaunch, FWIW)
Ping Rapture (original) with a Blueboard for 199.

Thoughs?
[Reply]
smittysbar 08:16 PM 03-07-2010
I was at a Dick's Sporting Goods last night and found the following clubs:

Callaway FT-IQ Imix (Fubuki) for 199 (they also have the V2 and ProLaunch, FWIW)
Ping Rapture (original) with a Blueboard for 199.

Thoughs?
That seems like a steal for the Cally
[Reply]
Page 114 of 460
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124164214 > Last »
Up