ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 167
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111161 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Pets of Chiefs Planet
pr_capone 01:04 AM 10-22-2006
I know there are some animal lovers here.

Lets see whatcha got.

From left to right:

Suzy (Chow Mix)- 1.5 yrs old
Mandi (Long Haired Miniature Dachshund) - 13 years old
Angie (Dapple Haired Miniature Dachshunds) - 4 years old

Angie is the one that rides the motorcycle with me.
[Reply]
tooge 02:06 PM 01-10-2013
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Oh, Sennenhunds...

I'm a sucker for those things. Swissies and Berners catch my eye every time.
The swissies are the same size, don't have the long hair issues, and as long as you get one from a breeder that certifies the joints in the parents, that isn't an issue either. Our breeder has had hers typically live to be about 10 years old. Ours is 115 lbs of very gentle, and yet very playful and protective, lap dog.
[Reply]
tooge 02:09 PM 01-10-2013
I had always thought the Berners were the originals, but then I read this:

The Greater Swiss Mountain Dog

It is distinguishable from its cousin, the Bernese Mountain dog, by its short hair. Also known as the Swissy, this breed is thought to be the earliest breed of all Sennenhunds. It is the largest and heaviest of other breeds, which is why most people purchase this breed for watching over them or protecting their homes and family.

The coat of the GMD is tri-colored: mainly black, white and red. The outer coat is no longer than 2 inches. The outer coat is black and there are symmetrical patches of rust and white. Rust color is found over the eyes, cheeks and the sides of the chest. As for white, it is seen on the blaze of the nose and the tips of tail, feet and chest. Dogs of this breed must have a black outer coat, while their inner one may range from white, light grey to tawny
[Reply]
frankotank 02:17 PM 01-10-2013
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
You won't necessarily get 7-8 years out of anything. If you love and care for the animal, whatever you get is worth the investment. JMO.

:-)
I'll never forget after I had to put my first bullmastiff down I was just devastated. sounds wussy to say...but I was, just fucking devastated.
(all of a sudden seems dusty in here)
I was talking to my dad and said, I wish I could never have to hurt like this again. and he said, son you'd never in a million years trade all the love that dog gave you over the years to get rid of the pain you have now.
(damn it's dusty)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 02:25 PM 01-10-2013
Originally Posted by frankotank:
I'll never forget after I had to put my first bullmastiff down I was just devastated. sounds wussy to say...but I was, just ****ing devastated.
(all of a sudden seems dusty in here)
I was talking to my dad and said, I wish I could never have to hurt like this again. and he said, son you'd never in a million years trade all the love that dog gave you over the years to get rid of the pain you have now.
(damn it's dusty)
Yeah. It's really tough, and it always sucks. But I've never even considered never having another pet when I've had to put one down.

I still get misty at having to put Rosebud down a few months ago. She was my personal first pet. All the others I've had were pets of the family, but I got Rosie when I was living with a roommate in college (he'd gone back home for summer), and we had three months that were just us. She was only 6 weeks old when I got her, and in three month's time there was a pretty strong bond there. She liked my roommate, but it was pretty obvious to anyone that she was my cat. And I had her for four years before my wife and I married, so there were lots of times it was just Rosie and me.
[Reply]
Ceej 02:30 PM 01-10-2013
Those Great Swiss Mountain Dogs are good looking dogs too.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:13 PM 01-10-2013
Originally Posted by tooge:
The swissies are the same size, don't have the long hair issues, and as long as you get one from a breeder that certifies the joints in the parents, that isn't an issue either. Our breeder has had hers typically live to be about 10 years old. Ours is 115 lbs of very gentle, and yet very playful and protective, lap dog.
The swissies are actually bigger (and can potentially be much bigger).

But they aren't as good looking, IMO. Their aren't built quite as stocky, the faces aren't quite as squared and frankly I love the long hair on the Berners.

The Swiss would ultimately be what I'd likely get, but only because the Bernese breed has just fallen apart over the last few decades. If anyone could ever bread a healthy Bernese again, I'd go that route.
[Reply]
frankotank 04:29 PM 01-10-2013
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Yeah. It's really tough, and it always sucks. But I've never even considered never having another pet when I've had to put one down.

I still get misty at having to put Rosebud down a few months ago. She was my personal first pet. All the others I've had were pets of the family, but I got Rosie when I was living with a roommate in college (he'd gone back home for summer), and we had three months that were just us. She was only 6 weeks old when I got her, and in three month's time there was a pretty strong bond there. She liked my roommate, but it was pretty obvious to anyone that she was my cat. And I had her for four years before my wife and I married, so there were lots of times it was just Rosie and me.
I'm totally a dog guy...and my first bully Tank was MY dog. don't know why, but he chose me. our second bully Dozer is my wifes dog thru and thru. but our CAT....that dang thing is MINE! why....I don't really know. shes a psycho Siamese / Calico mix and I swear this animal is a dog trapped in a cats body. comes when called. plays like a dog. just a strange cat. loves to be thrown high into the air onto the bed over and over. jumps down runs up to you for more. but for reasons unknown to me...she's chosen me.
she's getting old. it will be rough losing her.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:28 PM 01-10-2013
Originally Posted by frankotank:
I'm totally a dog guy...and my first bully Tank was MY dog. don't know why, but he chose me. our second bully Dozer is my wifes dog thru and thru. but our CAT....that dang thing is MINE! why....I don't really know. shes a psycho Siamese / Calico mix and I swear this animal is a dog trapped in a cats body. comes when called. plays like a dog. just a strange cat. loves to be thrown high into the air onto the bed over and over. jumps down runs up to you for more. but for reasons unknown to me...she's chosen me.
she's getting old. it will be rough losing her.
Cats adopt whomever they want, regardless of your like for them.

And your Siamese acts like a Siamese. They can be very rambunctious and dog-like.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:33 AM 01-18-2013
My boy O.J. celebrated his 20th birthday tonight with a special dinner. We got him crab legs, shrimp, raw salmon, and raw cod. He loves crab legs.
Attached: 2013-01-17 OJ Birthday Dinner.jpg (76.2 KB) 
[Reply]
Buck 12:35 AM 01-18-2013
20 years old! Wow! Congrats!
[Reply]
johnny961 01:05 AM 01-18-2013
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
My boy O.J. celebrated his 20th birthday tonight with a special dinner. We got him crab legs, shrimp, raw salmon, and raw cod. He loves crab legs.
Wow. He's had a long life. And needless to say a good home and a good diet. Congrats.
[Reply]
Fairplay 01:06 AM 01-18-2013

The card next to him cracked me up. Congrats Rain Man!
[Reply]
Dayze 08:24 AM 01-18-2013
when I first saw the pic without reading Rain Man's post, I thought the cat was eating diced tomatoes and onions. I thought "man...that's a cool cat".

still cool either way though lol
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:48 AM 01-18-2013
Originally Posted by Dayze:
when I first saw the pic without reading Rain Man's post, I thought the cat was eating diced tomatoes and onions. I thought "man...that's a cool cat".

still cool either way though lol
Not sure about tomatoes, but onions are really bad for cats. Potentially fatal.
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:30 AM 01-18-2013
How did he manage to crack the crab legs without opposable thumbs?
[Reply]
Page 61 of 167
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111161 > Last »
Up