ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 111 of 167
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121161 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Pets of Chiefs Planet
pr_capone 01:04 AM 10-22-2006
I know there are some animal lovers here.

Lets see whatcha got.

From left to right:

Suzy (Chow Mix)- 1.5 yrs old
Mandi (Long Haired Miniature Dachshund) - 13 years old
Angie (Dapple Haired Miniature Dachshunds) - 4 years old

Angie is the one that rides the motorcycle with me.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:44 AM 10-13-2017
Kind of a long story but about 6 weeks ago we were looking for another Bull Mastiff for a companion to go along with our female dog Nova.

Called the breeder we got her from and they still had her brother as he was supposed to go to a service dog company and the service dog company backed out.

The lady who ran the kennel got very sick and before she passed away earlier this year they had decided to give the dog to a Veteran. I called out of the blue to see if they had any pups for sale and he said he had one dog left but it had to go to a Veteran. Coincidentally I am a Veteran so he gave me the dog. So I have manged to get 2 fully registered AKC Bull Mastiffs from the same breeders for $0.

Here is Novas brother Bradley and then a pic of both of them. They both just turned 2. He has been kenneled his whole life so he is adjusting to having a house and yard etc...but is doing great.

Nova is only about 95lbs which is the smaller side for the breed, he is pushing 140lbs.

[Reply]
stumppy 09:26 AM 10-13-2017
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Here's a recent picture of Chuey. He's our clown and will be sorely missed if it comes to that.

Any word yet?
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:56 AM 10-13-2017
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Any word yet?
Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers. He's not out of the woods yet, but some improvement this morning. He ate some food and the vet said he looked "brighter". If he can keep food down today, they will redo the ultrasound and see how his stomach looks. If that goes well then we can probably bring him home Monday. He has a lot of issues to get past first though. Cautiously optimistic right now.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:13 AM 10-13-2017
I hope your pup gets better. Nothing stresses me out more than having to take one of my cat pals to the vet. Actually my wife does it mostly now. I've had to take four or five over the years to be put down for various health reasons. It makes my cry every single time, and I don't even like walking into the vet's office any more. My little pal Meesh Meesh had to have some teeth pulled a couple months ago. He's doing better now. Last night he watched Thursday Night Football with me. He likes cat teams. He was bummed because the Panthers lost.
Attached: meeshTV2.jpg (96.5 KB) 
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:56 PM 10-13-2017
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Well, we didn't wait too long after all. I really got the bug for another dog and especially from some of the suggestions on here. Also, friends were sending me stuff on Facebook. I got my wife to give in to that and I started checking online for boxer rescues in Kansas. There are a lot more rescues than I realized. This was a lot more of a pain than I anticipated.

There was a pair of 3-year-old brothers that were in KC that needed a new home. It was posted by a hospice so I assume that the owner died. I contacted them but since it went around FB, there were tons of people trying to get those guys. The family decided that they wanted to place them in KC (we're an hour from there) so we didn't get them.

Then we found a 1-year-old female at a rescue organization in Manhattan. We went there a couple of weeks ago to meet her and my wife instantly bonded with her. They had told me that this girl had been abused by a man so she was a little fearful of men and that there would need to be females in her new home. That was no problem. Also, she came right up to me and licked me. I truly think dogs can sense if you're a POS dog beater or if you're an animal lover. They talked to us as if we were the perfect home because we're a family and the other people wanting to rescue her were just a single woman and a couple. By the time we heard back they had decided to give her to somebody else. They said that we were qualified to rescue any of their other dogs but for some reason they decided that this one needed to go somewhere else. My wife was devasted which I wasn't really expecting because she was the one who kept saying that we didn't need to get another dog. She was also kind of pissed at the way this whole thing went down.

I had applied for another boxer at a different rescue. They, for some strange reason, couldn't confirm that we had given our previous boxers regular vaccinations. I'm really not sure why that was so hard to confirm as I gave them the names of the different vets we had used over the years. They were very strict about that so they said we would not be able to rescue from their organization. It's unfortunate because they are missing out on a great home for some dogs in need. But whatever.

While we were waiting a few days on the answer from the Manhattan rescue, I had found another pair of brothers on http://boxer.rescueme.org/kansas. The owner had a daughter who started developing an allergy to the dogs. The doctor said that she would have to either get treatment or get rid of the dogs. The treatment involved multiple shots a day for several months. The 8 year old didn't like that, obviously. I told her that if the Manhattan one didn't work out that we would be interested in coming to meet hers. Her rehoming fee was a little higher than most but that's because she insisted that they go together since they were brothers from the same litter and are inseperable. That was no problem for us so we went down to Wichita the day after the Redskins game and came home with our new family members. I'll post a pic but I gotta figure out why it's failing to upload.
Rock on brother. Good on/for you!!!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:58 PM 10-13-2017
And somebody hears the kids playing. Ha...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:00 PM 10-13-2017
Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers. He's not out of the woods yet, but some improvement this morning. He ate some food and the vet said he looked "brighter". If he can keep food down today, they will redo the ultrasound and see how his stomach looks. If that goes well then we can probably bring him home Monday. He has a lot of issues to get past first though. Cautiously optimistic right now.
Good to hear, prayers for the pup.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:02 PM 10-13-2017
ALL CAPS FOLKS!!!

I'M STILL PRAYING!!!
[Reply]
KC Dan 05:09 PM 10-13-2017
You guys know how I feel and am praying for my four-legged mailman growling friend to get better and come home!
[Reply]
stumppy 05:42 PM 10-13-2017
Good to hear. Dogs and animals in general are some tough mofo's. Just looking better means a lot from my experience. I hope you can bring the little fella home soon.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:42 PM 10-13-2017
Failing to upload because the resolution is too high. Back it down and try again.

Originally Posted by Lzen:
Well, we didn't wait too long after all. I really got the bug for another dog and especially from some of the suggestions on here. Also, friends were sending me stuff on Facebook. I got my wife to give in to that and I started checking online for boxer rescues in Kansas. There are a lot more rescues than I realized. This was a lot more of a pain than I anticipated.

There was a pair of 3-year-old brothers that were in KC that needed a new home. It was posted by a hospice so I assume that the owner died. I contacted them but since it went around FB, there were tons of people trying to get those guys. The family decided that they wanted to place them in KC (we're an hour from there) so we didn't get them.

Then we found a 1-year-old female at a rescue organization in Manhattan. We went there a couple of weeks ago to meet her and my wife instantly bonded with her. They had told me that this girl had been abused by a man so she was a little fearful of men and that there would need to be females in her new home. That was no problem. Also, she came right up to me and licked me. I truly think dogs can sense if you're a POS dog beater or if you're an animal lover. They talked to us as if we were the perfect home because we're a family and the other people wanting to rescue her were just a single woman and a couple. By the time we heard back they had decided to give her to somebody else. They said that we were qualified to rescue any of their other dogs but for some reason they decided that this one needed to go somewhere else. My wife was devasted which I wasn't really expecting because she was the one who kept saying that we didn't need to get another dog. She was also kind of pissed at the way this whole thing went down.

I had applied for another boxer at a different rescue. They, for some strange reason, couldn't confirm that we had given our previous boxers regular vaccinations. I'm really not sure why that was so hard to confirm as I gave them the names of the different vets we had used over the years. They were very strict about that so they said we would not be able to rescue from their organization. It's unfortunate because they are missing out on a great home for some dogs in need. But whatever.

While we were waiting a few days on the answer from the Manhattan rescue, I had found another pair of brothers on http://boxer.rescueme.org/kansas. The owner had a daughter who started developing an allergy to the dogs. The doctor said that she would have to either get treatment or get rid of the dogs. The treatment involved multiple shots a day for several months. The 8 year old didn't like that, obviously. I told her that if the Manhattan one didn't work out that we would be interested in coming to meet hers. Her rehoming fee was a little higher than most but that's because she insisted that they go together since they were brothers from the same litter and are inseperable. That was no problem for us so we went down to Wichita the day after the Redskins game and came home with our new family members. I'll post a pic but I gotta figure out why it's failing to upload.

[Reply]
Dartgod 08:11 PM 10-14-2017
Originally Posted by KC Dan:
You guys know how I feel and am praying for my four-legged mailman growling friend to get better and come home!
Thanks buddy, appreciate it!
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Good to hear. Dogs and animals in general are some tough mofo's. Just looking better means a lot from my experience. I hope you can bring the little fella home soon.
We got to bring Chuey home today. He's still not anywhere close to 100% but he is now passing food through his stomach and he's been on IV fluids the last couple of days to deal with the dehydration issues. But the Dr. felt that he was better off with us this weekend than being left at the vets where they have little or no staff until Monday. He's been pretty much sleeping or trying to anyway since we brought him home this afternoon. Hopefully we see more improvement the next day or two.

Thanks again for the continued thoughts and prayers.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:25 PM 10-14-2017

We got to bring Chuey home today. He's still not anywhere close to 100% but he is now passing food through his stomach and he's been on IV fluids the last couple of days to deal with the dehydration issues. But the Dr. felt that he was better off with us this weekend than being left at the vets where they have little or no staff until Monday. He's been pretty much sleeping or trying to anyway since we brought him home this afternoon. Hopefully we see more improvement the next day or two.

Been following this since yesterday, hope Chuey pulls through for you
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:44 PM 10-14-2017

Praying hard friend, praying hard...
[Reply]
stumppy 09:09 PM 10-14-2017

Glad to hear it. He's got to be on better spirits because of that alone.
[Reply]
Page 111 of 167
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121161 > Last »
Up