ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 17
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Looks like Speaks put in work this offseason...
NIUhuskies 04:10 PM 05-21-2019
but not at the gym...jesus christ does he look fat and out of shape. i'm sure the coaches were thrilled

I wanted to believe...I truly did... pic.twitter.com/wB32u1cYSB

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) May 21, 2019

vs last yr

#Chiefs’ rookie Breeland Speaks made his presence felt against the Jaguars, totaling seven pressures (2 QB Hits and 5 QB Hurries) on a career-high 56 defensive snaps. He played a combined 60 defensive snaps in weeks 1-4, per @PFF. pic.twitter.com/0sacM3II3B

— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) October 9, 2018

[Reply]
Jamie 12:03 PM 05-25-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’m going to simplify this for everyone.

Speaks as a fat fuck = below average NFL player
Speaks as not a fat fuck and in better shape = potentially above average NFL player
Speaks in great shape after gaining good weight = potentially really good NFL player

Better shape = Better player
I don't know if I buy this, but I do think that's what the Chiefs were thinking when they drafted him. A guy who was a fat 285, who could slim down in an NFL conditioning program and gain quickness without sacrificing strength.

Really, bringing in Oakfor and Ogbah probably says all we need to know about how they feel about Speaks' progress internally.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:55 PM 05-25-2019
This is going to be a fun thread to revisit towards the end of the season.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:19 PM 05-25-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
This is going to be a fun thread to revisit towards the end of the season.
The interesting thing about this and K Pass is that having come to trust Veach a bit more in terms of drafting, you have to wonder if these two were guys that he really believed in and wanted, or if they were remnant pics from Sutton and one of his clowns?
If both prospects came from 4-3 programs, then you have to almost draw the conclusion that Veach and Reid were drafting with an eye toward Spags coming in for the 2018 season and for whatever reason, they couldn't get the deal closed and had to do one more year with Bob.

One theory would be that having seen how much the Chiefs wanted his services, Spags family probably begged him to take a year off before jumping back into coaching and Reid agreed to keep the seat open.

Whatever the case, I'm glad that we have this guy and I think he's going to do things for us defensively that we haven't seen on the field in a very long time. He's the first legitimate 4-3 coach that we've had since Marty and Cowher. And for all their shortcomings in other areas, those two ran one of the best defenses I've ever seen. I feel like we're on the road to getting our identity back defensively after floundering around in the dark for way too long.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:53 PM 06-05-2019
Noticed he was lined up inside next to Clark with the 1’s in this clip:

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByVRBSij...=1ax03t8v9h9y4

He’s going to play inside a lot on passing downs
[Reply]
Direckshun 05:02 PM 06-05-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Wow. Great eye.
[Reply]
BossChief 05:07 PM 06-05-2019
RGR said Speaks was told he would be playing inside a lot and that’s why he gained some weight.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:09 PM 06-05-2019
I'm glad. He tests well for a defensive lineman. Spags has a lot of options.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:10 PM 06-05-2019
RGR said Speaks was told he would be playing inside a lot and that’s why he gained some weight.
Yup. Forgot to mention that also. Thanks.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:12 PM 06-05-2019
I was at a Royals game once when Moustakas was on the team. He came up to the plate and some old fat guy yelled, “C’mon Moose you fat fuck!!!”

This is how I will cheer for Speaks this year.
[Reply]
kcclone 05:15 PM 06-05-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I'm glad. He tests well for a defensive lineman. Spags has a lot of options.

Insane that the previous regime tired to play a DT at OLB
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:21 PM 06-05-2019
Fly, Fatass, Fly!!
[Reply]
RustShack 05:27 PM 06-05-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Spags likes to rotate DE’s inside and rotate a lot in general. He will see snaps in multiple spots. Clark and Jones will get the most snaps, followed by Okafor and Nnadi. But there will be another 2 or 3 seeing some snaps on the regular.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:49 PM 06-05-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Fly, Fatass, Fly!!
:-)

Yes, this is the preferred take.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:03 PM 06-05-2019
So, why was CP shitting all over him?
[Reply]
kcxiv 06:57 PM 06-05-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
So, why was CP shitting all over him?
because they are like the rest of the damn country, over reacting to shit they know nothing about.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 17
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up