ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 143 of 200
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153193 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****2018-2019 Official NBA Regular season thread****
dirk digler 05:23 PM 10-16-2018
Didn't see anybody starting this thread so I guess I will.

Anti climatic season starts tonight and my prediction is GS vs Boston in the NBA Finals.

First 2 Games tonight on TNT with Philly vs Boston and OKC vs GS. Westbrook is out tonight so that game will be a blowout most likely.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:02 PM 06-27-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Go live in LA, get a max deal or stay in Canada?

If he wants to be in Cali that bad, i'd rather him go to the Clippers but i'd like to see him go to the Lakers just for the reactions. They'd be fun.
I edited my post because I knew what you were going to say lol.

If he simply wants to go to LA, he will go to the Clippers. I think Kawhi is a nice guy and doing this out of respect for Lebron, but I don’t believe he would ever sign there to be in his shadow.
[Reply]
O.city 01:04 PM 06-27-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I edited my post because I knew what you were going to say lol.

If he simply wants to go to LA, he will go to the Clippers.
I think he stays with the Raptors, but who knows.

If he goes to LA, that team will win the next couple champs I'd think, especially if they can add Korver and another decent piece.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:06 PM 06-27-2019
I would like to see them sign D'Angelo Russell to be honest but if they can get Kawhi, you gotta do that.
They won't get Kawhi.

But like you, I'd like to see D-Load back. I was a fan of his when he was with LA and hated that they ran him out of town to make room for Magic's vanity project in Lonzo even though Russell was clearly the more well-rounded player with a higher ceiling.

He'd only be eligible for a 25% max deal because he hasn't been in the league long enough for the 30%; the Lakers can fit him in if Davis waives his trade kicker even without any additional roster shenanigans.

He can shoot, he can pass, he's a willing defender. He's not ideal in that he's not a great shooter, but he's not a bad one. And he's not a premier athlete or super long so he's not a lock-down perimeter guys, but he's willing to work to stay in front of his man and that's good enough.

A weirdly good fit who could easily blow up in LA's face but could also be a perfect #4 if they believe in Kuzma is Malcolm Brogdon. Long, very good shooter and doesn't need (or want) to play with the ball in his hands all that much. He won't get the max but some team might just get a wild hair and offer him upwards of $20 million/season. Right? Yeah, it could happen.

And it could be LA. There's more cap space than quality players out there and this could end up being like that offseason where the Lakers shot themselves firmly in the face with the Mozgov and Deng deals. It wasn't just LA - the entire NBA gave out contracts they immediately came to regret. Have money, will spend, I guess.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:07 PM 06-27-2019
I think he stays with the Raptors, but who knows.

If he goes to LA, that team will win the next couple champs I'd think, especially if they can add Korver and another decent piece.
If he goes to the Lakers, it will be a worse move than Durant IMO.

That’s like KD going to GS after he just beat them and won the title. Not exactly, I’m just saying the level of lameness that would take.

There’s just no way that happens, but if it did, I’d probably be done with the NBA for a while.
[Reply]
O.city 01:09 PM 06-27-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They won't get Kawhi.

But like you, I'd like to see D-Load back. I was a fan of his when he was with LA and hated that they ran him out of town to make room for Magic's vanity project in Lonzo even though Russell was clearly the more well-rounded player with a higher ceiling.

He'd only be eligible for a 25% max deal because he hasn't been in the league long enough for the 30%; the Lakers can fit him in if Davis waives his trade kicker even without any additional roster shenanigans.

He can shoot, he can pass, he's a willing defender. He's not ideal in that he's not a great shooter, but he's not a bad one. And he's not a premier athlete or super long so he's not a lock-down perimeter guys, but he's willing to work to stay in front of his man and that's good enough.

A weirdly good fit who could easily blow up in LA's face but could also be a perfect #4 if they believe in Kuzma is Malcolm Brogdon. Long, very good shooter and doesn't need (or want) to play with the ball in his hands all that much. He won't get the max but some team might just get a wild hair and offer him upwards of $20 million/season. Right? Yeah, it could happen.

And it could be LA. There's more cap space than quality players out there and this could end up being like that offseason where the Lakers shot themselves firmly in the face with the Mozgov and Deng deals. It wasn't just LA - the entire NBA gave out contracts they immediately came to regret. Have money, will spend, I guess.
I'd like to see Russell go there, or to Dallas. I think him with those other 2 in Dallas could be really fun.

The Lakers need a shooter or 2 and some defenders. Ideally, sure, Kawhi would be all the above, but if not, just put complimentary pieces around and go from there.
[Reply]
Miles 01:09 PM 06-27-2019
Kawhi to LAL would probably break the league just like KD to GSW did. That’s 3 of probably at worst top 6 not counting KD this year?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:09 PM 06-27-2019
Well, Davis waved his 4 mil so the Lakers have 32 mil which is enough for a max player.

Lebron gave 23 to Davis and now apparently Kawhi is going to meet with the Lakers.
I don't think he can have waived it yet. I believe the idea is that he's agreed he WOULD waive it if a deal were in place.

And even then, that will only get them to about $27 million and the 25% max. They still can't offer the $30+ million max that Kawhi is eligible for. Not without the Pelicans agreeing to finalize the deal later (and they ain't doing that. Nicely done, Rob; way to step on your dick there brotha).

But where that could be relevant is the aforementioned Russell deal if the Nets renounce their rights to him after signing Kyrie and Durant. If it's just Kyrie, they won't keep Russell but they will tender/trade him. They'd need to get both guys and have to renounce Russell to clear the space for the 2nd max slot. That would open him up to return to LAL.

And the Lakers would be wise to do it, IMO. He's still a kid - there's a lot of room left in his game to be a real nice long-term asset and excellent story for the Lakers.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:10 PM 06-27-2019
Houston is going to go after Butler in a sign and trade very aggressively l.

That’s the kind of guy that Harden needs as his Robin.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:10 PM 06-27-2019
Don't think AD waived his 4 million without assurances that they've got a max FA ready to sign.
[Reply]
O.city 01:10 PM 06-27-2019
If he goes to the Lakers, it will be a worse move than Durant IMO.

That’s like KD going to GS after he just beat them and won the title. Not exactly, I’m just saying the level of lameness that would take.

There’s just no way that happens, but if it did, I’d probably be done with the NBA for a while.
Nah, Kawhi has already won his. If he wants to go home and be lowkey and win 2 or 3 more and make bank, go for it.

I'd prefer to see them spread out a little, but you pretty much have to have atleast 2 or 3 stars to win anyway so it's whatever.
[Reply]
O.city 01:11 PM 06-27-2019

Or the kind of guy that CP3 fights in February and it's a huge disaster.

I think Houston should blow it up but they really can't. It's a shit show.
[Reply]
O.city 01:13 PM 06-27-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I don't think he can have waived it yet. I believe the idea is that he's agreed he WOULD waive it if a deal were in place.

And even then, that will only get them to about $27 million and the 25% max. They still can't offer the $30+ million max that Kawhi is eligible for. Not without the Pelicans agreeing to finalize the deal later (and they ain't doing that. Nicely done, Rob; way to step on your dick there brotha).

But where that could be relevant is the aforementioned Russell deal if the Nets renounce their rights to him after signing Kyrie and Durant. If it's just Kyrie, they won't keep Russell but they will tender/trade him. They'd need to get both guys and have to renounce Russell to clear the space for the 2nd max slot. That would open him up to return to LAL.

And the Lakers would be wise to do it, IMO. He's still a kid - there's a lot of room left in his game to be a real nice long-term asset and excellent story for the Lakers.
Twitter is saying he waved it or maybe will wave it? I dunno.

I think Russell is a very interesting fit. I like him a lot, but I dunno how GM Lebron feels.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:14 PM 06-27-2019

I've come to believe that Butler is the kind of guy that NOBODY needs as their Robin.

He just appears to be a monumental prick who deserves to get the max contract on a 25 win team where he can just chase his numbers every night.

I've had a hard turn on Butler over the last 2-3 years. He's just a bizarre guy who manages to be both aloof and combative at the same time. It mostly makes him every 12 year old girl with rich parents that you've ever met. I really do not care for Jimmy Butler these days.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:15 PM 06-27-2019
Which makes a Harden-CP3-Butler trio all the more hilarious.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:16 PM 06-27-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Don't think AD waived his 4 million without assurances that they've got a max FA ready to sign.
So did I miss news that he actually waived it? I mean, he could change his mind right up until the contract is finally executed, no?

The understanding I've had for a few days is that Davis WILL waive the kicker if it becomes necessary but that he hasn't yet done so (and can't) so there's still no telling if the Lakers can actually close a deal with a max level player.

If there is news that he's actively waived it then I would agree with you, somewhere Rich Paul has put a deal together, knows how things are going to go down and has told him to go ahead and waive the kicker.
[Reply]
Page 143 of 200
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153193 > Last »
Up