ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>What defines a "physical" team?
TLO 12:42 PM 01-20-2020
This is one of those things I've been hearing for years, but lately it's standing out - and it's ****ing annoying.

Is "physical" team code for something? Like white players are "lunch pail type of guys, high motor, play the game the right way" etc?

The Titans were a "physical" team. Anyone who plays in the AFC North is a "physical" team. The Texans were a "physical" team.

What the **** does this actually mean?
[Reply]
scho63 04:12 PM 01-20-2020
When I think of physical teams, 3 always come to mind: Chicago Bears, Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens.

Several other's like the Seahawks are usually right behind those 3.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:20 PM 01-20-2020
Great question. It reminds me of other "old"-isms, like "act like you've been there before" and "simply hand the ball to the ref" and "stop celebrating every play when you're getting your ass kicked." Those are great ideas in theory, until you're down 24-0 and Travis Kelce's celebration of a first-down catch appears to ignite the crowd AND the offense. They make sense until you're down 10-0 and your D starts laying the wood and letting the offense know about it.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:23 PM 01-20-2020
Physically is usually referring to teams that can line up one versus one and beat you, man on man. They don't need to scheme to dominate you.

Basically the opposite of what the Chiefs have been doing since 1999 (that's as far back as I can go...). They haven't had the horses, on either side of the ball but primarily on defense, so they've tried to outsmart teams to cover roster deficiencies.

The 2019 Chiefs are kind of unique in that they're a heavy scheme team that can/will also physically dominate you on both sides of the ball.

It's probably something we're only going to see once. Mahomes on a rookie deal is the only way we could have ever built a roster this loaded on both sides of the ball.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:24 PM 01-20-2020
We are definitely a finesse team. And who gives a shit. We are historically effective.
[Reply]
Bwana 04:27 PM 01-20-2020
Guys that karate chop the other teams players?

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:07 AM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Guys that karate chop the other teams players?

Is this where Dan earned his "Dirty" ???
[Reply]
stevieray 12:11 AM 01-21-2020
See Titans game where people got blown up repeatedly, including the QB.

You're gonna pay when you get the ball.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 04:01 AM 01-21-2020
Its BS. Chiefs were the physical Sunday. But nobody is talking about that.
[Reply]
scho63 04:24 AM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Is this where Dan earned his "Dirty" ???
One of them for sure, I think there are a couple others out there. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up