ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What defines a "physical" team?
TLO 12:42 PM 01-20-2020
This is one of those things I've been hearing for years, but lately it's standing out - and it's ****ing annoying.

Is "physical" team code for something? Like white players are "lunch pail type of guys, high motor, play the game the right way" etc?

The Titans were a "physical" team. Anyone who plays in the AFC North is a "physical" team. The Texans were a "physical" team.

What the **** does this actually mean?
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:44 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
This is one of those things I've been hearing for years, but lately it's standing out - and it's ****ing annoying.

Is "physical" team code for something? Like white players are "lunch pail type of guys, high motor, play the game the right way" etc?

The Titans were a "physical" team. Anyone who plays in the AFC North is a "physical" team. The Texans were a "physical" team.

What the **** does this actually mean?
I interpret "physical" as "lacking the natural talent to win using anything besides brute force". Of course football is extremely physical, but there is also a ton of finesse, misdirection, and trickery involved.
[Reply]
O.city 12:45 PM 01-20-2020
Run first defensive team.

It's basically code for "they aren't explosive and can only win by playing a muddy game" but were to nice to say that.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:45 PM 01-20-2020
Anyone that thinks the Chiefs are not "physical" whatever that is supposed to mean. have not been watching. We were laying the wood yesterday.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:48 PM 01-20-2020
Honey Badger don't give a fuck he will physically dislodge you from your shoes.
[Reply]
old_geezer 12:49 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Anyone that thinks the Chiefs are not "physical" whatever that is supposed to mean. have not been watching. We were laying the wood yesterday.
No kidding. I loved watching our defense yesterday. You could tell the Titans were feeling it.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:49 PM 01-20-2020
Mike fucking Pennel says sorry the Chiefs arent more physical.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:54 PM 01-20-2020
Dirty Dan says fuck you to all the naysayers
[Reply]
oldman 12:57 PM 01-20-2020
I think our D had heard enough about Henry and his teammates. I wonder if the Tits plane ran out of ice packs on the way home last night.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:59 PM 01-20-2020
Physical Team = Team that can’t throw the football and is playing the Chiefs
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:04 PM 01-20-2020
I love Honey Badger's term "championship swagger." That is the huge difference between this year and Sutton and Romeo's defenses (when they were good). Romeo had physical defenses in the past but zero swagger. Sutton had more of a finesse defense. This defense this year is both physical and has swagger.

I remember a few years ago, Shaun Smith came here guns ablazing and no one really know how to handle him. His attitude was so different anything we were used to. We've had physical defenses before but it's been a long time since we've had one this confident and that took this much joy hitting other teams in the mouth.
[Reply]
Coach 01:29 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Shit, they been laying the wood since they got straight up embarrassed by the Titans game in week 11.

That was a blessing in disguise, looking back at it now. This defense is on a different level now.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:31 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Run first defensive team.

It's basically code for "they aren't explosive and can only win by playing a muddy game" but were to nice to say that.
This.

Kinda like the Titan's "Bend but don't break" defense we heard about all week.
[Reply]
Coach 01:31 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I love Honey Badger's term "championship swagger." That is the huge difference between this year and Sutton and Romeo's defenses (when they were good). Romeo had physical defenses in the past but zero swagger. Sutton had more of a finesse defense. This defense this year is both physical and has swagger.

I remember a few years ago, Shaun Smith came here guns ablazing and no one really know how to handle him. His attitude was so different anything we were used to. We've had physical defenses before but it's been a long time since we've had one this confident and that took this much joy hitting other teams in the mouth.
Shit, Shaun Smith would have done so well on this defense with his attitude.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:05 PM 01-20-2020
A physical team=The Legion Boom in their prime. The Steelers from the Jerome Bettis years. The Steel Curtain years.

Those were teams that were so physical that the other team had to play like they were going to war just to survive the game. And not just the stars of the team; the entire team played that way. The no-name guys came with just as much violence as the superstars did.

Our defense has been looking like that lately.

Our offense isn't physical in that sense. We don't try to bulldoze people. We out-smart and out-speed defenses. We have individual players that play physical. Kelce and Watkins play a brand of physical football and can dominate a defender. But Hill doesn't knock people around; he flies past them, over them, etc.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up