ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>To the out of town fans like me.
Chiefs4TheWin 09:16 PM 01-19-2020
To all of us out of towners, props to us! We have to listen to all the BS that locals never have to. For some reason we picked the Chiefs.

I got no less than 60 texts today congratulating me. It sucked that when the Chiefs screwed up I was who people thought of.

Now that we are going to the SB. I have gotten nothing but congratulations from everyone who associates myself with The Kansas City Chiefs.

To all of us out of towners who had to deal with the constant pain after every embarrassing failure, and for some reason picked this team. A salute to you!

We did it my bretheren! Win or lose we are in the dance! Woo!
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:56 PM 01-20-2020
I know people who moved away from Kansas City, as an adult, and then became fans of a different team. I can't comprehend that.

I tried to get into SF and then LA teams when I lived there. Couldn't do it. I didn't hate them but I didn't give a shit if they won or lost. Meanwhile I'm still living and dying by the Chiefs and Royals.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 10:08 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I know people who moved away from Kansas City, as an adult, and then became fans of a different team. I can't comprehend that.

I tried to get into SF and then LA teams when I lived there. Couldn't do it. I didn't hate them but I didn't give a shit if they won or lost. Meanwhile I'm still living and dying by the Chiefs and Royals.
Same, people ask me all the time why I don't support the bucs. Because I'm a Chiefs fan dumbass! That's something I'll take to the grave with me
[Reply]
MahiMike 10:11 PM 01-20-2020
I got so many texts last night from people I haven't seen in years. Anyone that knows me, knows me as the chiefs fan.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 10:15 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
First chiefs game i ever saw was in houston in 86. I met so many of them mike bell, bill kenny, paul palmer. I met lenny the cool i touch his super bowl ring it was magical. Only guy to not give me a autograph ****ing todd blackledge! I ****ing hated him ever since. Now we have patrick aka the emperor of chiefs kingdom and when we win the superbowl i want to touch that ring too.
I hate Todd Blackledge
Every time I see him on TV I just get pissed.
[Reply]
scho63 11:05 PM 01-20-2020
Being born and raised in NJ, finding other Chief's fans was a miracle and non-existent back then before the internet. No one I knew was a fan but EVERYONE knew I was. Everywhere I've been, people came to know that part of my whole identity and being was that I was a lifelong Chief's fan since 7 years old; friends, family, colleagues and co-workers all knew.

Leading up to the game my best friends all said we looked damn good and had a real good shot. They didn't want to jinx me as they knew how long the suffering had gone on. When that final whistle blew and the clock hit zero, the phone calls, text, emails and Facebook posts were like a well timed tsunami of congratulatory words.

Quite overwhelming in a great way.
[Reply]
rtmike 03:44 AM 01-21-2020
I’m up here in the Pacific Northwest.
We moved into our new home in ‘97. Shortly after moving in I’m outside and see my new next door neighbor wearing a Chiefs shirt! OMFG, another fan!
This is after Seattle was moved to the nfc west. So, in the past 9 years I’ve paid for his ticket and we go up north to Century link....once every 8 years now.
I used to get to watch them once a year @ Kingdome.

I was a big time Royals fan until several were popped for drugs.

I was raised in Hays, Ks., moved up here in ‘91.
I jumped on the John Mackovic bandwagon, then Ganz....then Marty.
I went to several games @ Arrowhead during Marty’s 1st year. I remember Bernie Kosar looking right at me as we were screaming at the Browns as they were going to their locker room at half time, lol. It’s was Marty’s first game against his previous team. We won.

Anyhoots.....I was gonna start my own thread to say how cool this was.
But right after we won, there were fireworks all over up here. It was surreal. Reminded me of last time Seattle made it.
I was shocked there are that many fans up here. I will say the game 9 years ago, the train was packed with Chief fans both ways. It was awesome.

Then last year I got to meet Clark @ the Seattle game and rode the elevator with Mark Donovan.

I was surprised at the lack of texts. I shouldn’t be, most of my “friends” disappeared after I was paralyzed anyway, lol.

Only thing I ever get is “how do you know so much about the Chiefs.” Lol.

To be honest. I don’t care if we win or lose. The fact we finally made it is what will have me die a happy man, lol.

GO CHIEFS!!!
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:51 AM 01-21-2020
Yeah boys, I'm the one people throw shade at when we lose. I gotta tell ya, the haters are stunned. But they're also happy for me. Reminds me a little of the Blues last year. 50 years!! Its our time.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:08 AM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Brooklyn:

Especially as a long suffering Mets fan (sorry!!) who lived through the Royals WS win a few years ago. I’m sure that was an amazing time for you guys but it was really tough to absolutely love Kansas City because of the Chiefs and be so torn at the same time. The Mets are still causing me agony but it’s nice to be all in on the KC love this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL. Same. At least we got Steve Cohen now.
[Reply]
IrishChief 04:11 AM 01-21-2020
Hi Everyone, not quite the same situation as yourselves but been a Chiefs fan for 7+ years located in Ireland. Been a longtime lurker on here and decided its time to register. Cant wait for this Super Bowl!!!!
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 06:24 AM 01-21-2020
It’s funny because it’s really a life lesson for me. The people that are whole-hearted folks and have kept in touch over the years are the ones that reached out on Sunday.

Everyone else exemplifies what my grandfather always called “The Big J” (jealousy)
[Reply]
HMc 06:33 AM 01-21-2020
Tangential, but I was walking down an escalator through Barangaroo, Sydney (a new office development on the harbourfront) in the hours after the Divisional win against Houston and this Asian girl walking up the other escalator says to her mate "it was unbelievable. The Texans were up by 24 points, and..."

Made me grin, it did.
[Reply]
Pushead2 06:34 AM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
This Yankee fan wishes y'all the best. :-)
[Reply]
Brooklyn 06:50 AM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

Ha! Yes, arrow is pointing in the right direction now with Cohen, perhaps we can hire a manager before catchers and pitchers report. Cespedes hype video though!

Quite glad I still have the Chiefs to occupy my attention right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:51 AM 01-21-2020
Frankly, I think they're starting to get tired of me around here. Scrolling through all the texts I got after fisting the Titans and came across this sent from a friend who's a Bears fan. Gave me a slight chuckle.

[Reply]
SAGA45 07:36 AM 01-21-2020
Los Angeles born and raised. So yeah...behind enemy lines on multiple fronts. Two jobs as well so...two sets of coworkers heavily populated by 49er and Raider fans. Its been interesting.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up