ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>To the out of town fans like me.
Chiefs4TheWin 09:16 PM 01-19-2020
To all of us out of towners, props to us! We have to listen to all the BS that locals never have to. For some reason we picked the Chiefs.

I got no less than 60 texts today congratulating me. It sucked that when the Chiefs screwed up I was who people thought of.

Now that we are going to the SB. I have gotten nothing but congratulations from everyone who associates myself with The Kansas City Chiefs.

To all of us out of towners who had to deal with the constant pain after every embarrassing failure, and for some reason picked this team. A salute to you!

We did it my bretheren! Win or lose we are in the dance! Woo!
[Reply]
ILChief 07:28 AM 01-20-2020
Same situation as me. Got texts from old high school and college friends I haven’t talked to in ages. It still doesn’t seem real
[Reply]
PhillyChiefFan 07:36 AM 01-20-2020
South central PA here. A LOT of Eagles, Ravens and steelers fans. All have been pretty awesome and happy to see Chiefs get in. Eagles fans especially because of Andy.

My phone started blowing up at about the 2 min warning because they all know I don’t check my phone during the game.
[Reply]
Otter 07:49 AM 01-20-2020
A couple buddies of mine are in Florida golfing which, of course, involves day drinking. Which turns into being obnoxious. They were calling and texting me all day yesterday busting my balls on how the Chiefs were going to blow the game so I just turned my phone off.

Blew up when I turned it on this morning. I think most people actually feel happy for us Chief fans.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:13 AM 01-20-2020
Shit, I had friends I haven't talked to in years texting me last night. It was surreal! The little bell on my phone was going off like a damn machine gun!! I posted a vid on Facebook expressing my happiness and got a shit ton of likes...what a day, what a game, what a season!
[Reply]
Brooklyn 08:34 AM 01-20-2020
Yeah, phone definitely blowing up these last 18 hours. It’s funny because I have all my local NYC peeps giving me props, but also a lot of coworkers and college buddies from different areas of the nation. All big football fans. Steelers, Bills, Lions, Patriots, Bengals, Packers, Rams fans (and obviously Jets/Giants, all coming to workshop at the alter of Mahomes. It feels really effing nice.

Especially as a long suffering Mets fan (sorry!!) who lived through the Royals WS win a few years ago. I’m sure that was an amazing time for you guys but it was really tough to absolutely love Kansas City because of the Chiefs and be so torn at the same time. The Mets are still causing me agony but it’s nice to be all in on the KC love this time.

I wonder how many times I’ve bumped into some of you guys in the past. I know for sure I’ve given a head nod or “go Chiefs!” when seeing a hat or shirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:50 AM 01-20-2020
My daughter asked where this ranks.

If course I told her it was the best day of my life.

For some reason that hurt her feelings

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Katie 08:56 AM 01-20-2020
I've lived in many places...North Dakota to Cincinnati and back again. People have finally stopped asking me why I'm a Chiefs fan!
[Reply]
DJJasonp 08:58 AM 01-20-2020
Welp - So Cal is such a transplant place, charger fans dont exist, so it's primarily fade fans (only when they're showing a glimpse of good play do the jerseys/car flags come out).....and a bunch of bandwagon fans of other teams.

I kid you not, I have an acquaintance who is a Giants baseball fan, Packers fan, Duke basketball fan, and Florida state football fan. (how convenient no real loser-franchises in that bunch!)

I also have family on my wife's side who are fade fans.....not because they grew up in Oakland or LA (or even Vegas for that matter)......just because it's "cool" to be part of the gang culture that is fade culture (I guess?).

And of course, the insecure cheatriot fans who feel like we are somehow tarnishing their legacy by taking the spotlight away from them.

I think I'm still in shock from yesterday, and it's all a bit surreal.......but let's all enjoy the ride.

Unlike some of these other nonsense fans I described above, we earned this for all the right reasons!
[Reply]
FlaChief58 09:06 AM 01-20-2020
Yep, anyone who knows me knows how much I love the Chiefs. They've all given me shit throughout the years, but my phone has been blowing up with congratulations.
[Reply]
Scooter LaCanforno 09:18 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
My first Chiefs game in New York:

Tailgating in NY is not nearly as fun as in KC

Was the top photo the Dennis Byrd game?
[Reply]
Stryker 09:21 AM 01-20-2020
Yes, living in Baton Rouge and being a die hard Chiefs fan for decades all of my friends and co-workers either text or called me yesterday and this morning after the game. It is such an incredible feeling right now - this victory! :-)
[Reply]
redfan 09:27 AM 01-20-2020
I can't help but wonder how that guy from Italy is feeling today. He came to Arrowhead this year.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 09:30 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by Scooter LaCanforno:
Was the top photo the Dennis Byrd game?
yessir
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 09:02 PM 01-20-2020
First chiefs game i ever saw was in houston in 86. I met so many of them mike bell, bill kenny, paul palmer. I met lenny the cool i touch his super bowl ring it was magical. Only guy to not give me a autograph fucking todd blackledge! I fucking hated him ever since. Now we have patrick aka the emperor of chiefs kingdom and when we win the superbowl i want to touch that ring too.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 09:12 PM 01-20-2020
Same here. Tons of texts.

A student told me he wants to start a go fund me to get me to Miami lol.

It sucks when the Chiefs lose and there is nobody around to share the pain with. This site does that for me. I won't lie though, in moments like this it's kind of cool being the person an entire town is thinking about and jealous of. Problem has always been when they lose in terrible fashion I am still that, the person everyone is thinking of and mocking.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up