ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 14
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins
DenverChief 06:47 AM 01-14-2020
In all the celebration about Mahomes/Kelce let’s not forget about Watkins “quiet” contributions on Sunday. A 48 yard catch and run in the first drive of the 3rd quarter to put us deep in Texans territory and set up the first Williams TD run. A14 yard jet sweep run to help set up Damian Williams second TD run and a 28 yard 4th quarter reception that set up the 8 yard TD pass to Bell. Watkins is dangerous and must be accounted for in the field, anytime he can help get chunks of yards to move the offense up and down the field is a good days work
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:36 AM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Sammy is going to be worth over 50 million next season and nobody is going to give him a huge contract again.

I actually think him coming to a mutually beneficial agreement with the Chiefs is a pretty decent possibility.
I think so too. It makes sense on paper to push his salary to 3 years because he’s not going to get it. And his numbers aren’t great with the best guy in the league.

Then I remember Albert Wilson just got paid 8M last year.

I imagine he can get better money than that but I’d put it out.

Originally Posted by Megatron96:
This. If they can renegotiate his deal somehow, maybe back-load it with some performance incentives to make it more palatable, that would be ideal for the Chiefs. Not like they grow WRs with his specific set of parameters and skills on trees. Plus he's been in the system for two years now and knows it as well as anyone on the team; anyone we bring in would spend at least that long to be really comfortable.
I think you can just push his salary out and just a bit of new money to save face and make it 7 over 3. He can either get 21M or take his chances not having performed with Mahomes.

Originally Posted by RunKC:
I don’t think Sammy should stay. Even a pay cut wouldn’t be enough. That’s me though. I’m worried that Andy is going to veto releasing the guy bc he wants to keep those weapons as long as he can.

Right now he’s the 4th option in this offense after Kelce, Tyreek and the receiving back.

Hardman should be more than capable of being the 4th option in the offense. I mean damn he’s basically doing that now. You could argue that Hardman is getting more involved than Sammy.

There should be a market for Sammy. Get what you can, draft a WR and sign an older talent/reclamation project that will want to come here bc of Pat.

Travis Benjamin
Randall Cobb
Phillip Dorsett
Nelson Agholor
Seth Roberts
Tavon Austin
Dontrelle Inman
Chris Moore
Laquon Treadwell
Breshad Perriman

Or we could try to trade for a failed pick with potential (ex: John Ross). There’s lots of options to put up similar production as a depth player that will be way cheaper than Sammy.
If he’s here at 7 per I’m ok with it. I think he can do better but if it were me I’d stay here for 7 per.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:36 AM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
OBJ is a real fucking idiot. He was obviously trashed, all up in the locker room. Let those guys have their fucking moment, you weirdo.

Now he’s got heat for giving them money and smacking that security guard’s ass.. Dude honestly deserves everything bad that happens to him.
Yeah. Guys a flaming moron. Glad he’s not here.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:58 AM 01-16-2020
:-) The cop wanted to get a Sexual Battery Warrant.
[Reply]
O.city 11:59 AM 01-16-2020
Yeah, I'll eat my crow on Odell. He's an idiot.

And King is right I had forgotten about all the incoming draftable WR talent. I think it would be in Sammy's best interest to get a new deal done here. If they can, I'd be all for it.
Keep the band together and roll forward.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:10 PM 01-16-2020
So any chance Sammy is willing to take a pay cut and stick around? They have a chance to do some amazing stuff if they can keep the gang together.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:44 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
So any chance Sammy is willing to take a pay cut and stick around? They have a chance to do some amazing stuff if they can keep the gang together.
Probably not but I would be if I were him. I like the idea of pushing his salary over 3 years with a little bit of new money to make it like 7M per most of it guranteed. He can probably get more somewhere else but this is the better spot.

He won’t take it. Someone will offer more and he’ll go.

But I think it would be a mutually beneficial, fairly low risk position for both parties.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:51 AM 01-17-2020
I’m expecting a Jacksonville type game vs the Titans by Sammy.

I think the Titans double Tyreek & Travis on Sunday. Sammy will feast.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:42 PM 01-19-2020
Credit where it's due: Sammy was instrumental in closing this game out. That big 'reaction time' catch in the middle of the 4th and then the long TD were monumental.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:43 PM 01-19-2020
Please extend him
[Reply]
Hoover 05:46 PM 01-19-2020
Worth. Every. Dime.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:48 PM 01-19-2020
He's still gone but today was a nice reminder why we pay the man.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 05:51 PM 01-19-2020
7 catches for 114 and a TD. Wow Sammy thank you
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:53 PM 01-19-2020
All he does is produce in the playoffs. One more big game with a W preferably and we will get something in a trade.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 05:55 PM 01-19-2020
Big game by Sammy
[Reply]
DenverChief 05:55 PM 01-19-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Worth. Every. Dime.
100% agreed. Man was clutch when we needed him.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 14
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up