ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How about some Dirty Dan Love!
Red Dawg 05:51 PM 01-12-2020
Two game changing plays made a huge impact.

We are tough on him but he has made big plays this year.
[Reply]
gblowfish 04:36 PM 01-20-2020
Well he is a Mormon so he's probably getting plenty of love from his multitude of wives at home.

Kidding....I kid Dirty Dan.

Actually I saw him on the field with his wife and his little kids after the game. He has a sweet family. Great moment for a guy like that.
[Reply]
ChiefsOne 04:47 PM 01-20-2020
He was a beast. I've always liked him, but sometimes he pisses me off, but he's been money!
[Reply]
srvy 04:52 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I've always loved his play. He shows up as much as anybody. Every team needs this type of player, a blue collar guy that comes to work ,is dependable and demands a modest salary.
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
I dunno about "awhile"... hes perfect at this very moment in time for what we need depthwise. But the guy will be 30 yrs old in less than 2 months and is at the tail end of his prime if not already on the physical cliff for a DB. Enjoy it while we have it then move on, no need to keep an expensive backup vet on the downhill golden years of his career beyond the current contract.
Extend him a couple years cut Colquit give his money to Dan. You need dirty Dan's on your football team not way over payed punters.

typed with my trusty nose picker using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 04:55 PM 01-20-2020
Amazing the difference in what being properly coached up looks like now. So glad Sutton and crew are gone.:-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:01 PM 01-20-2020
Once again with this guy, when it rains it pours. Huge 3rd down stop smacking Tannehill on a QB keeper, then I think the next drive he blows Henry up for a loss on a screen.

Ok, so how's this for a hot take.... losing Juan Thornhill was not such a terrible thing given our playoff schedule. We needed to be doubly physical vs Tennessee and will need to vs San Fran too, and that's the one knock on Thornhill. If Thornhill is healthy, Sorenson doesn't play nearly as many snaps.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 05:09 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Once again with this guy, when it rains it pours. Huge 3rd down stop smacking Tannehill on a QB keeper, then I think the next drive he blows Henry up for a loss on a screen.

Ok, so how's this for a hot take.... losing Juan Thornhill was not such a terrible thing given our playoff schedule. We needed to be doubly physical vs Tennessee and will need to vs San Fran too, and that's the one knock on Thornhill. If Thornhill is healthy, Sorenson doesn't play nearly as many snaps.
I had not heard, nor do I think, that Thornhill is not physical...did he have a bunch of wiffs and safe misses that I didn't see?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:11 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Dirty Dan not only belongs on the field , he shows why....always making plays in crucial times.

You guys are FOS with the marginalization of the man.
Agree 1000%. But you know this as well as I do stevie he is the wrong color for DB and will never catch a break even though he's been ballin(almost as good if not better than Harrison Smith:-)) because he finally got coached up. You know the rule in Pro sports there are only certain positions that whites are allowed to play correct ??:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:13 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
I had not heard, nor do I think, that Thornhill is not physical...did he have a bunch of wiffs and safe misses that I didn't see?
Thornhill is known for his ball hawkishness coming out of college, not so much his hitting and tackling.
[Reply]
Mike in SW-MO 05:25 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:

Don't think it makes much difference in Sorenson's PT. He tends to be more around the line in run support, & covering TE & RB than free safety. Probably lands more with Fuller & Fenton. Maybe Lucas & Watt.

Interesting thing to look at in snap counts.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 05:31 PM 01-20-2020
Dude has made huge plays in our last 3 playoff games. You have to have players who are at their best when the stakes are highest. It really seems like we have a team full of them.
[Reply]
Warrior5 05:57 PM 01-20-2020
Sorensen brought it again yesterday.

He'll bring it in Miami, too.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:05 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by Mike in SW-MO:
Don't think it makes much difference in Sorenson's PT. He tends to be more around the line in run support, & covering TE & RB than free safety. Probably lands more with Fuller & Fenton. Maybe Lucas & Watt.

Interesting thing to look at in snap counts.
Interestingly sorenson was only seeing 25% of snaps earlier in the year. May be a big reason for the Chiefs turnaround as spags started seeing him as a solution for spying the rb after the Aaron Jones disaster. Doesn't explain the Henry debacle earlier in the year where he got 89% of the snaps. But he's seen a very significant jump in snaps since Thornhills injury. From 75% to 100%.
[Reply]
Al Czervik 08:13 PM 01-20-2020
Love how he laid out Tannehill.....
That was a solid hit!!
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:39 PM 01-20-2020
Dirty Dan is gonna have a statue at this rate.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:45 PM 01-20-2020
I've been hard on Dan.

He's come up big the last two weeks.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up