ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Rivers...I dunno...I can't hate this guy
InChiefsHeaven 08:25 AM 01-01-2020
His presser after the game:

He addresses the Chris Jones thing, and at the 10:40 or so mark tells a pretty cool story about a fan at Arrowhead that he's sorta gotten to know over the last many years, and a pretty cool OK Joe's story...

Anybody know who the fan is? He got Rivers' gloves after the game...

Say what you will about Rivers...he's a warrior, competitor and a helluva team mate by all accounts.
[Reply]
srvy 12:15 PM 01-01-2020
This board is dead we have gone soft. This is Phyllis we are talking about.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 12:15 PM 01-01-2020
No hate at all. He’s not a hof imo, but he was a solid Qb for a decade plus. I’d bet $$ he starts next year for a qb starved team
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 12:18 PM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
It’s the Chiefs level of afc west domination and the expectations of PMII for the next 15 years keeping it going. We don’t look at the West as our primary adversaries, instead we look to the nfl elite teams that stand between KC and the Lombardi trophy.
[Reply]
seclark 12:25 PM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by The PMII Hypothesis:
No hate at all. He’s not a hof imo, but he was a solid Qb for a decade plus. I’d bet $$ he starts next year for a qb starved team
And if we play against him, I’ll root to sack the trash talkin jerkoff.
Fuck him
Sec
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:29 PM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Mahomes effect, now that we have Mahomes and see the difference people feel pity on Rivers.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 12:31 PM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by seclark:
And if we play against him, I’ll root to sack the trash talkin jerkoff.
**** him
Sec
I guess watch the video all the way through. He’s in awe of arrowhead and the chiefs team. No o line, home games for two years, and the chiefs domination has broken the guy. He sounds legitimately destroyed, and knows SD is trash that’s window slammed shut until they get a qb and an oline that can compete with PMII and friends, and he knows he won’t be a part of the rebuild. Hard to hate a guy in that condition, but I get it...
[Reply]
seclark 12:32 PM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Mahomes effect, now that we have Mahomes and see the difference people feel pity on Rivers.
Uh huh poor bastard.
Sec
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:42 PM 01-01-2020
His kids will half fill the stands where ever he goes.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 01:10 PM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by jimidollar:
If he beat us all the time I'd hate him, but he doesn't so I don't.
This is probably the best explanation for how I feel about Rivers.

I enjoyed an interview of his after the game (separate from the presser in OP). You could tell he enjoys the game for the game it is.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/...-to-win-it-all

Originally Posted by :
It’s hard to be a Kansas City Chiefs fan sometimes. So many years of greatness — and yet, so many years of bitter disappointment, too. Once in a while, it’s useful to take an opportunity to step back — to see what the team looks like from outside our little bubble.

Such an opportunity presented itself after the Chiefs had defeated the Los Angeles Chargers 31-21 on Sunday afternoon.

The point of view was that of Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers, who had just completed what could end up being his final game with the team — or perhaps even in the NFL.

There’s nothing like competing at this level and living out a dream — even in a situation where you’re 5-10,” he told reporters. “I was asked earlier this week, ‘What’s the motivation?’ The motivation is that I’m 38 years old — and I get to play the Kansas City Chiefs at this place. Are you kidding me? That’s the motivation.”

Rivers said he spent a little extra time mingling with other players after the final gun.

“Well first of all, I was trying to see as many Chiefs players as possible — so that I could wish them the best moving forward,” he said. “Knowing that you’re one of 12 teams and there is more football left — and to find out that they get a bye now is awesome.
Can’t hate a guy that is enjoying what he is doing.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:27 PM 01-01-2020
I tend to separate my thoughts into what I think of Rivers the person vs Rivers the player.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 01:55 PM 01-01-2020
I like the guy. Plus he has a wife who likes to screw.
[Reply]
carcosa 02:05 PM 01-01-2020
I HATE THAT BICTH!!!!!!
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:19 PM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters:
I like the guy. Plus he has a wife who likes to screw.
Maybe she just takes it
[Reply]
T-post Tom 02:25 PM 01-01-2020
I've mocked him more than once for his antics on the field. But by all accounts, he's a good family man off the field. I respect that. Good luck to him and his family off the field.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:31 PM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by GoChargers:
The decline had nothing to do with LT leaving. The Chargers had the league's #1 offense the season after he left, and only missed the playoffs because of one of the most inept special teams units in NFL history.

The real issues are that the Chargers started drafting poorly, kept Norv way too long and then hired Milquetoast McCoy to replace him.
Want a an afternoon of wistful remembrance?

[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up