ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rivers...I dunno...I can't hate this guy
InChiefsHeaven 08:25 AM 01-01-2020
His presser after the game:

He addresses the Chris Jones thing, and at the 10:40 or so mark tells a pretty cool story about a fan at Arrowhead that he's sorta gotten to know over the last many years, and a pretty cool OK Joe's story...

Anybody know who the fan is? He got Rivers' gloves after the game...

Say what you will about Rivers...he's a warrior, competitor and a helluva team mate by all accounts.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 09:25 AM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
I would have been fine with Rivers as Chiefs QB in his prime. Tough as nails. He could have helped a lot of teams make playoffs.
I like the guy.
Indeed. Imagine him at QB instead of say...Cassel...might have been able to take it all the way.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:26 AM 01-01-2020
He needs new surroundings..like five years ago.

good dude.

tough player.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:36 AM 01-01-2020
Pretty sure I saw a photo of him and Jones hugging it out after the game.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:40 AM 01-01-2020
Fun to cheer against on the field.

Easy to pull for off it.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:41 AM 01-01-2020
Great guy off the field.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:42 AM 01-01-2020
https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/12/...-fan-chargers/

“First of all, I was trying to see as many of those Chiefs guys as I could and wish ’em the best moving forward. Knowing that feeling that there’s more football left and you’re one of 12 is exciting and then to obviously find out that they get a bye and all… I love to go at it with those guys, as everybody knows, but I also have a great respect for guys and how they play and how hard they play, so afterward you wish them the best and tell them, ‘Go get em!'”

Later on, Rivers was asked about his verbal sparring with Chris Jones and what he thought of the Chiefs defensive tackle. You might be surprised at what he said.

“That was the first play of the game and I thought my leg was broke but thankfully it wasn’t,” said Rivers. “It was one of those deals where I thought it was a little cheap, just because I didn’t think he had to finish me. It was already called underneath and then he kinda finished me. But again, we talked after the game and even during a little break in the action. Shoot, it’s all good. Some of that is good for me to get me going a little bit. But shoot, what a player he is now. He’s up there, if not one, he’s a close second [among] defensive tackles in the league. He’s a heckuva player.”
[Reply]
tyecopeland 09:50 AM 01-01-2020
I've always liked rivers and the chargers are by far my least hated divisional rival (I still dislike the Seahawks more). But I think I like him more because they've never won anything. If his teams would have ever been great I think he would have become unbearable.
I would liken him to Stafford in that sense as someone else did but I've never gotten the impression that stafford would ever be anything other than what he is. I wish stafford would have a true contending team before he retires; rivers, I hope plays out his career on the chargers and maybe makes the playoffs as a wildcard a couple more times.
[Reply]
2bikemike 09:52 AM 01-01-2020
I can't say I hate the guy. But I always enjoyed watching him lose.

I wish him the best of luck in his life after football. I really believe he should walk away and enjoy his baseball team size family.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 09:55 AM 01-01-2020
Glad I’m not the only one.

Fiery competitor, candid, funny, family man.

I’ve always liked him, and loved beating him.
[Reply]
GoChargers 10:00 AM 01-01-2020
Rivers was just another all-time great player whose HOF career was squandered by the Spanos family. Although he also didn't help himself by stepping in to save Norv's job multiple times and not demanding a trade when they moved to LA.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 10:01 AM 01-01-2020
It's easy to detest him when he starts screaming at everyone because he's losing. Ridiculous. No question he leaves it all on the field though. He'll charge a machine gun nest for ya.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 10:02 AM 01-01-2020
That was a great interview. I like how honest he is in a lot of the answers as opposed to just giving non-answers.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 10:05 AM 01-01-2020
He will be missed. He was a thorn in the side of the Chiefs for a lot of years. Always seems to be good for the untimely interception or fumble. Has always been surrounded by a lot of talent and can't seem to get it done. Always gave the Chiefs trouble and that shot put delivery seems to work well for him.

Best of luck Phyllis, the NFL could use more players like him.
[Reply]
notorious 10:05 AM 01-01-2020
My mind changed when he was interviewed after winning at Denver on the road a long time ago.

It was the game where one of Denver’s scumbag linemen tried to end the career of a defender by diving into his legs at the end.
[Reply]
GoChargers 10:06 AM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Tomlinson left in 2010 and they just never really recovered.
The decline had nothing to do with LT leaving. The Chargers had the league's #1 offense the season after he left, and only missed the playoffs because of one of the most inept special teams units in NFL history.

The real issues are that the Chargers started drafting poorly, kept Norv way too long and then hired Milquetoast McCoy to replace him.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up