ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>A couple of things about yesterday - and a HUGE Thank You to ALL of you!
God of Thunder 05:28 PM 01-20-2020
Hello!

I've been around for quite a few years, but nobody here really knows me. When I post - it's not semi often, and most of the time, nobody engages in conversation because I don't post often enough. Needless to say, I am here because I love the Chiefs. When I was younger, my mother had club level seasons - and that really ignited the passion. However, since then - I have not been to many games. I was at the 'decibel' game against the Pats, I was at a TNF game against the Broncos a couple of years ago - and that's the last two.

I told the wife how awesome it would be to attend the Championship game, but realistically - I can't afford it. However - I always watch - and I always scream at my TV - a trait I inherited from my mother.

This past week, I entered the drawing for the AFCCG - and was beyond surprised when I ended up winning two seats to it. Thank you all. I immediately had to run out to stores to find "more" cold weather gear, I had to find a baby-sitter as there was no way my 3-year old was going, and I had to prepare myself for the biggest game I'd ever have the chance to attend (If I can't afford a AFCCG, then there is no way I can afford the SB!).

Because it had been so long, we didn't know anyone - and by the time we got to the stadium, my wife and I opted to have a couple of sandwiches in the car and then head in. I left to head in about 2 hours early because I recalled security being a nightmare, but we entered Gate D and there wasn't a single person in line.....

I want to thank all of Chiefsplanet for this opportunity and especially DaFace for running the contest. Getting to meet another CP'er was an amazing experience (I didn't get to meet Tamba though). It'll certainly be something my wife and I won't soon forget and it would not have been possible without all of you.

From the bottom of my heart - thank you all.

Now for some photos!

We had to park about as far away as we could from the stadium, you could barely see it from here!

Here are some picturesque views of the parking lot.

My face!

Here's a few views from our seats. I was quite impressed to be honest. You could see the field very good, and since the angle is quite steep, even a taller guy in front of me made it very easy to see.

A couple of photos after our victory!!!

And quite honestly - the most important photo of all.

[Reply]
Hydrae 02:23 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Based on the guy in the Huskers coat, I think they were to your right. Your seats were 11-16.
We need to consider putting out CP swag again. Make it easier to find each other on game days. I know I would be in for a hat for sure.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:25 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
We need to consider putting out CP swag again. Make it easier to find each other on game days. I know I would be in for a hat for sure.
Not opposed to it if anyone wants to try and run with it. Just not my forte.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 02:32 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
We were to your right, homie! The person in seat 12 sat next to my brother, who was in seat 13. I was in 14, and God of Thunder and his wife we in 15-16. Sorry we didn't connect!
i didnt introduce myself but i definitely talked to the people to my right, so that should count haha. Kind of a funny story this guy came up to me about 30 minutes before the game claiming we were sitting in their seats and we were looking at it like nope i know im in the right seat. and then he finally showed me his phone tickets and he was in the wrong section. I was like damn somehow daface bought duplicate tickets and they worked for both of us
[Reply]
DaFace 06:16 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
i didnt introduce myself but i definitely talked to the people to my right, so that should count haha. Kind of a funny story this guy came up to me about 30 minutes before the game claiming we were sitting in their seats and we were looking at it like nope i know im in the right seat. and then he finally showed me his phone tickets and he was in the wrong section. I was like damn somehow daface bought duplicate tickets and they worked for both of us
Ha, glad I didn't screw it up!
[Reply]
Bob Dole 07:06 PM 01-21-2020
I'll check with the company that produced the last batches and see if they still have the art.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:12 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
I'll check with the company that produced the last batches and see if they still have the art.
I have a couple of high res logos, but they're just JPGs. Let me know if it'd be helpful to send along, though.
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 08:15 PM 01-21-2020
I'm happy you got to go, and that Chiefsplanet helped provide a once-in-a-lifetime experience!
[Reply]
gblowfish 08:18 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
Or we could all get the CP logo tattooed on our foreheads...
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 08:20 PM 01-21-2020
Looks like an awesome experience!
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 08:21 PM 01-21-2020
I wonder if Phobia still has the color separations/designs for the old Chiefsplanet T-shirts and Caps?
[Reply]
wheeler08 08:47 PM 01-21-2020
If you make a Fisty shirt, I'm in. You know a guy is from CP, if he's wearing a Fisty shirt!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up