ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 924 of 3903
« First < 424824874914920921922923924 925926927928934974102414241924 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
philfree 03:17 PM 03-30-2020
We had all kinds of plans scheduled and some with our grandsons who live out of state. The trip the wife and I were supposed to take in the beginning of March we had to cancel but of course I had to eat one hotel reservation and then the condo at the beach wouldn't refund the money so we had to just pick a date and re-book. And then we had reservations at the Great Wolf Lodge with our grandsons and we had cancel those and got a refund but the airline doesn't give refunds. So sometime between now and next February my grandsons and their dad have to fly somewhere or the money will be lost. And then in June we have reservations for all of us at the same beach condo and I doubt we can make it under the current circumstances so I need to cancel those 30 days ahead of time or I'll have to eat that. We don't have flights booked for that trip yet so that's good. Under the circumstances the no refund BS tics me off pretty damn bad. I expect it from the airlines because they don't give nothing back but not from the condo where we've stayed several times. :-)
[Reply]
eDave 03:22 PM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Tech a violation of 1st amendment
The guy said this though:

We brought in 13 machines that basically kill every virus in the place," Howard-Browne said. "If they sneeze it shoots it down like at 100 miles per hour and it will neutralize it in a split second."
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:25 PM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
sorry man, I was warned early on about borderline posts by Daface. Out of respect to him and the rules we all abide by I’ve changed what I posted and replied too. Thanks for the clarification. Much appreciated.

I agree with your church statement. That’s a total different thing to make the pastor an “Example” or scare people into compliance. Especially when they had a bar owner to go after for their “example”.
Well did they go and talk to the bar owner first?
[Reply]
patteeu 03:26 PM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by philfree:
We had all kinds of plans scheduled and some with our grandsons who live out of state. The trip the wife and I were supposed to take in the beginning of March we had to cancel but of course I had to eat one hotel reservation and then the condo at the beach wouldn't refund the money so we had to just pick a date and re-book. And then we had reservations at the Great Wolf Lodge with our grandsons and we had cancel those and got a refund but the airline doesn't give refunds. So sometime between now and next February my grandsons and their dad have to fly somewhere or the money will be lost. And then in June we have reservations for all of us at the same beach condo and I doubt we can make it under the current circumstances so I need to cancel those 30 days ahead of time or I'll have to eat that. We don't have flights booked for that trip yet so that's good. Under the circumstances the no refund BS tics me off pretty damn bad. I expect it from the airlines because they don't give nothing back but not from the condo where we've stayed several times. :-)
The condo guy is probably getting his pretty hard by this. I mean, making customers happy is really important, but surviving is even more important.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:27 PM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
The guys said this though:

We brought in 13 machines that basically kill every virus in the place," Howard-Browne said. "If they sneeze it shoots it down like at 100 miles per hour and it will neutralize it in a split second."
we could use about 1 million of those fantastic sounding machines right now. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 03:58 PM 03-30-2020
AZ finally locking down.
[Reply]
eDave 03:58 PM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
AZ finally locking down.
Really? Good.

Clarification: It's a stay at home order.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 03:59 PM 03-30-2020
Not sure if this has been shared (sorry, tough to keep up with the thread during the day), but it supposedly makes all the modeling and updates daily. Takes into account when different measures were put in place to mitigate using up health care resources and ICUs. Can look at the entire US (estimating around 82,000 deaths through August right now) or individual states (looks like CA won't run out of beds of ICUs!!).

The numbers, again, update daily and CA has been on a great trajectory down. So just because it shows XX number of deaths today it doesn't mean it won't drop tomorrow.

Anyway, found it interesting...

http://covid19.healthdata.org/
[Reply]
Hog Rider 04:04 PM 03-30-2020
Really? Good.

Is it a stay in your own country order too?
[Reply]
Why Not? 04:09 PM 03-30-2020
Really? Good.

If you read the order, it’s basically to force some fringe or non essential business to close down so their employees can file for unemployment. There is almost zero restrictions otherwise. You can still play golf, for instance. Oh and you will not be asked to show any paperwork validating your reason to be out and about. It’s generally a really strong suggestion to social distance.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:20 PM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
If you read the order, it’s basically to force some fringe or non essential business to close down so their employees can file for unemployment. There is almost zero restrictions otherwise. You can still play golf, for instance. Oh and you will not be asked to show any paperwork validating your reason to be out and about. It’s generally a really strong suggestion to social distance.
Just read it.

Pretty weak attempt.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:24 PM 03-30-2020
Good news. The Walmarts won't be over run soon.

https://pfcleadership.org/blog/2019/...9-mil-by-2025/
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 04:26 PM 03-30-2020
I almost teared up a little at the sight of this headline...just happy to see positive progress finally. Hopefully it keeps going.

https://www.kwch.com/content/news/He...569231241.html
[Reply]
RedRaider56 04:29 PM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Not sure if this has been shared (sorry, tough to keep up with the thread during the day), but it supposedly makes all the modeling and updates daily. Takes into account when different measures were put in place to mitigate using up health care resources and ICUs. Can look at the entire US (estimating around 82,000 deaths through August right now) or individual states (looks like CA won't run out of beds of ICUs!!).

The numbers, again, update daily and CA has been on a great trajectory down. So just because it shows XX number of deaths today it doesn't mean it won't drop tomorrow.

Anyway, found it interesting...

http://covid19.healthdata.org/
Interesting website for sure
[Reply]
BWillie 04:29 PM 03-30-2020
Golf courses open in Kansas or Missouri?

Anywhere.
[Reply]
Page 924 of 3903
« First < 424824874914920921922923924 925926927928934974102414241924 > Last »
Up