ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 144
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:45 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Obvious, headhunter cheap shot. POS should have been ejected. Fuck the Titans!
Is it though? He lowered his shoulder and didn't lead with the helmet.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:46 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
You don’t need to run in this offense
If you truly believe that...

Whether due to injury, age, free agency, game script, etc. this offense won't always be the same time tuned passing machine. If you truly believe that then we may as well ignore runningbacks in the off-season altogether next year.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:48 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Are you kidding me? They can't run block worth a ****. That's a recipe for disaster.
Actually, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but we don't need our OL to run block. At all. You look at that comeback when we scored 4 times in the 2nd Q. We ran once, I think. For a yard. as in ONE yard.

Yes, we have to at least pretend to try and run, through fake hand-offs, play-action, RPOs, but we don't really have to run at all.

This offense doesn't require a good running game. Screens, short pass plays replace the traditional run completely.

Again, I'm a traditional kind of football fan, so I've always believed in the "use the run to set up the pass" philosophy, but after watching that game on Sunday I came to the harsh realization that actually running the ball is completely unnecessary if you have Andy Reid, Pat Mahomes, Hill, Kelce and Watkins. The other team doesn't even really care about us running. They've already bought into the fact that we're going to beat them through the air.

And they can't stop it anyway.

Our offense is the passing version of the Ravens running attack. Or the Titans running attack, if you prefer. For them they have to run. They're passing attacks are primitive and weak. And don't really add anything significant to their offense.

For us, we thrive through the air. Our run game is an afterthought. It actually reduces our efficiency most of the time.

We should throw on nearly every down.

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:49 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
How did he not lead with his head when they literally hit helmets? He targeted Kelce's head and knocked him out of the game.
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:52 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Actually, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but we don't need our OL to run block. At all. You look at that comeback when we scored 4 times in the 2nd Q. We ran once, I think. For a yard. as in ONE yard.

Yes, we have to at least pretend to try and run, through fake hand-offs, play-action, RPOs, but we don't really have to run at all.

This offense doesn't require a good running game. Screens, short pass plays replace the traditional run completely.

Again, I'm a traditional kind of football fan, so I've always believed in the "use the run to set up the pass" philosophy, but after watching that game on Sunday I came to the harsh realization that actually running the ball is completely unnecessary if you have Andy Reid, Pat Mahomes, Hill, Kelce and Watkins. The other team doesn't even really care about us running. They've already bought into the fact that we're going to beat them through the air.

Our offense is the passing version of the Ravens running attack. Or the Titans running attack, if you prefer. For them they have to run. They're passing attacks are primitive and weak. And don't really add anything significant to their offense.

For us, we thrive through the air. Our run game is an afterthought. It actually reduces our efficiency most of the time.

The jet sweeps, Mahomes running ability and the quick-strike passes make teams have to respect our running even though it is not traditional in any way. Sleep on our RBs- they will burn you for a TD.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:53 PM 01-14-2020

I agree 100% with this. On average we should have no more than 10 designed run plays each game
[Reply]
T-post Tom 04:55 PM 01-14-2020
I think Nate is just taking a position here for the sake of the show/producers. The day before he was jimping for Mahomes and the Chiefs.

[Reply]
Jeff.Fisher 04:56 PM 01-14-2020
I think its funny when people say the titans are one dimensional just because henry steamrolls everyone and they are content to let him keep doing it. Look at the titans red zone stats. They havent kicked a field goal in over a month. Only touchdowns. One dimensional teams cant do that
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:58 PM 01-14-2020
So they aren't one-dimensional because they don't kick? Huh?
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 05:02 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
He definitely led with his helmet.
Attached: Kelce.jpg (77.8 KB) 
[Reply]
T-post Tom 05:03 PM 01-14-2020

[Reply]
Jeff.Fisher 05:08 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
So they aren't one-dimensional because they don't kick? Huh?
One dimensional offenses kick alot of field goals. I should know
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:09 PM 01-14-2020
Nate Burleson is an idiot Chief hater.

Yeah sure, Nate- Titans can match us in the passing game. Dumbass.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:11 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher:
One dimensional offenses kick alot of field goals. I should know
Again, you don't know what you're talking about.

"Inefficient" offenses kick a lot of FGs. And punt the ball a lot. Like the Titans punting 6 times a game. Only scoring on 35% of your possessions. That's called inefficiency. Look it up.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:11 PM 01-14-2020

Same here. Biggest thing for Chiefs RB during the Mahomes era is going to be if they can catch the ball. Damien Williams fits that.

I’m down with trying to find a RB on day 2/3 that fits that, but not to change the run/pass balance as much as to keep the position stocked and cheap.
[Reply]
Page 50 of 144
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100 > Last »
Up