ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 144
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:37 AM 01-14-2020
Henry is the issue. He is going to get his yards. Probably around 150 or so. It would be great if we could somehow hold him below 60 in the first half, but I just don't know how we do that given our season-long situation at LB. Spags is definitely going to have to come up with some wizardry to make anything like that happen.

However . . .

As I've stated before, the Titans are not efficient with their drives. They end up stalling out and punting about 60% of their drives, going all the way back to our meeting in week 10. In that game they only scored on 4 possessions.

The Chiefs offense scores on over 60% of possessions. So even if Henry gets his season average, I think the Chiefs will end up out-scoring the Titans.

And in our previous metting it was Pat's first game back and he was just a little rusty.

Yet he still threw for 446 yards and 3 TDs. And missed at least two relatively ordinary TD throws.

I'm going to keep doing my research, but right now I just don't see how TEN keeps up, unless we have a hurricane during the game.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 01:05 AM 01-14-2020
Recall how all season we bitched about the Titans loss. Wow, loss got them in and they took out NE and Baltimore, and got us Suggs, and we still got home field throughout. And now we get to show what a fluke that game was. Destiny.
[Reply]
carcosa 01:57 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Callidus:
Titans fan here. Same name on titans report so you know I am no troll. I will admit to some light trash talk but here it is.

First if this jeff fisher is our (forum handle not the mediocre coach ) he is likely playing his fake persona he does on outlr forum. Don't take him seriously.

Idk how gotitans is but on titans report most of us understand this is not going to be an easy game. You will see a lot of trash talk but our forum is a nut house. Not saying most of the guys don't know their stuff, but we are very liberal with joking around. Not that it is flattering, but look at the trash talk thread with the ravens fans last week. Once you accept how wonky our forum is we will have a honest discussion with you.

That said, I see this as a great game. I have no idea the outcome. And I am happy to see this is the first forum I have been on all year that has not just dismissed us all year. Well, good team that is.

Once I have a chance 2 get through most of this thread I will comment more. And if anyone has any questions on a honest titans fan's perspective ask away.

I hope it a great game both teams can enjoy regardless of winner. I hope we trounce you though. Enjoy the build up!
You seem nice! Unfortunately, we're going to kick your ass!
[Reply]
Callidus 02:39 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by carcosa:
You seem nice! Unfortunately, we're going to kick your ass!
Good luck. :-)
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:57 AM 01-14-2020
Kelce doesn’t get enough credit for being how good he is

����right here is super star stuff by @tkelce for the @Chiefs @Chiefs fans show 87 some love here this is dope to free up @TooLoose26 @ArrowheadPride @RealMNchiefsfan pic.twitter.com/KmzKnKwwsf

— Dan Orlovsky (@danorlovsky7) January 13, 2020

[Reply]
Megatron96 03:04 AM 01-14-2020
So another piece of statistical data: The Chiefs allow about 50% of opponent's offensive drives inside the red-zone to end in a TD. Good enough for 10th most difficult RZ defense to score upon.

The Titans, OTOH, allow opposing offenses to score inside the RZ at a Texans' like clip of 68% of the time. The only team in the league that allows more TDs in the RZ is . . . the Texans at 71%.

Another area of significance is QB pressures/knockdowns. The Chiefs average 8.8% QB KDs/play (9th), while the Titans are dead last in the league at 4.5%. We send a blitz about 29%/plays, TEN does about 26%/play. But the Chiefs knock the QB down more often. This might be significant to the game, especially if we can get a two score lead and force TEN to pass more. The ability to turn Suggs, Jones and Clark loose more often per drive should be a difference-maker.

But that stat about RZ defensive efficiency might be the most important advanced stat between these two teams. Again, in the week 10 meeting, the Chiefs only converted 3 of 7 scoring drives into TDs, well below not only the team average, but also below the NFL average against TEN. If our offense can play to at least 80% of the efficiency displayed yesterday, that would be at least 2 more Chiefs TDs in that game.

Bottom line, if Andy and Pat can get our receivers to catch the ball, our offense should score a TD on about 7 out of 10 possessions. Or at about the same efficiency that they did against the Texans.

Conversely, our defense held the Titans to slightly below their season average scoring in the RZ.

Assuming the Chiefs offense doesn't start the game with a bunch of dropped passes and stalled drives, they should be able to establish a lead early in the game. That will be key to limiting Henry's impact on the game, IMO.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:36 AM 01-14-2020
I’d stack the box. Play Sorenson at the LOS and play man
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:45 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I’d stack the box. Play Sorenson at the LOS and play man
Spas is also gonna dial up run blitzes.

Keeping the Titans off down and distance schedule is key.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:54 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
so, in the last 2 games the Titans punted 6 times each game.

If that were to hold true with KC then you could reasonably expect anywhere from 20-28 points by KC assuming they score after 4 of the 6 punts.

It took a turnover with a score for them to beat us last time as well.

So, take care of the ****ing ball, keep the penalties to a minimum, and don't go for it on 4th down unless you absolutely have too....

Make them drive the ****ing field and don't help them. They have had some help in both victories so there you have it...make them earn everything on their own
And don’t make special teams blunders spotting them 14 points
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:00 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Spas is also gonna dial up run blitzes.

Keeping the Titans off down and distance schedule is key.
run blitzes are a good idea; get to Henry before he gets going. Send LB'ers in the A and B gaps.

He's a long striding big back.

Your best bet is to get him as soon after the hand-off as possible, before he gets revved up.
[Reply]
FAH-Q 07:21 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
run blitzes are a good idea; get to Henry before he gets going. Send LB'ers in the A and B gaps.

He's a long striding big back.

Your best bet is to get him as soon after the hand-off as possible, before he gets revved up.
100% agree. The last thing you want is for him to be running at your defense full steam. That's a recipe for disaster.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:21 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Callidus:
Does your site not work well on mobile? Just curious. I went to quote the welcome and it wanted 2 quote 14 things lol. And do you have a place 2 look for notification on replies to your own post? Im about 15 pages in and you easily have the most knowledgeable fan base I have looked st this year.

Side not. i recomend anyone who wants 2 talk to titans fans about the game who don't come here. Check out titans report. You will get some crap for a day or so but once they get it out of their system and you are genuine you will be accepted. Outside of our dedicated trolls. You will learn who they are and to ignore then quickly.

Edit: the wr was Sharp. He is a role player. Backup outside guy who can move the chains. Nothing special. Decent route runner and good hands. But can be jammed at the line and completely removed from plays.

Just hit “reply” to quote a single post. The multi quote lets you respond to multiple posts at once - once engaged, every post you click on will highlight and be quoted when you hit the reply button.

Question I haven’t found an answer on from other Titans fans: What’s Jayon Brown’s status? Is he expected to play and/or be healthy?

I know he’s your best coverage LB; seems like a massive dropoff from him to Woodward.
[Reply]
FAH-Q 07:36 AM 01-14-2020
Can we invite that Texans Bill guy to bang the drum?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:38 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I say sell out to slow down Henry. Force them to throw it more than they want to. If they hit some quick strike passing TD's, then so be it. At least they won't be able to run a ton of clock and keep the ball away from the KC offense.
How could that not be the plan> Sell out with everyone in the box to stop the run, Go one on one outside. Make Tannehill beat you. A shootout with Tannehill vs. Mahomes. who wins that battle?:-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:45 AM 01-14-2020
Nick Wright actually made a good point about the potential game plan.

Sell out to stop the run early while you’re building a lead presumably, then shift to more 2 high safety looks as the game goes on.

That’s an underrated plan of attack that really only KC can rely on with their offense.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 144
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
Up