ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 211
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:26 AM 06-02-2019
Fire mo
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:37 AM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Fire mo
He said his job is to make Dewitt money. He's putting huge piles of cash in Dewitt's pockets. He's going no where.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:52 AM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
He said his job is to make Dewitt money. He's putting huge piles of cash in Dewitt's pockets. He's going no where.
This is what happens when your organization targets 90 wins. That's their goal.

There's no rope there at all. When you get 3 win Goldschmidt instead of 5 win Goldschmidt, then your entire starting staff fails to show, you end up with an 85 win team in pretty short order. And that's IF you finally figure out a solution to the rotation rather than just continue to ride flagging pitching.

This is why championship teams don't sit there thinking "eh, we're fine at 90 wins..." - no, they go trade for Gerrit Cole. Or they sign JD Martinez. They don't just target the minimum of what they need to do to make the post-season; they give themselves room for that potential stumble so they can either pull past it or flat out exceed it.

The Cardinals simply aren't as committed as the teams that are actually winning things right now.
[Reply]
TEX 11:50 AM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Well, two nights in a row I got to watch the Cardinals beat the Cubs in bars filled with pissed off Cub fans.

I feel a little better now. :-)
LOL! I HEAR ya! I loved seeing the Stros, without Altuve, Springer & Correa, do that to the Cubs. Obnoxious Cub fan showed up in force, and had to watch hopelessly as their team couldn't even beat us with 3 of our best players out. :-)
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:21 PM 06-02-2019
Schildt actually handles his starters worse than Matheny.
[Reply]
bdj23 02:25 PM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Wong saved his ass.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:26 PM 06-02-2019
That was absolutely nuts.

WTF was the purpose? We have some actual good relievers on this team and...just...why?
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 02:30 PM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

WTF was the purpose? We have some actual good relievers on this team and...just...why?
I mean, there are 3 good relievers... 4 if you want to be generous and include Martinez. The rest are garbage.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:32 PM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
I mean, there are 3 good relievers... 4 if you want to be generous and include Martinez. The rest are garbage.
And?

I didn't say we had 10 of 'em. But Brebbia, Gant and Hicks have been good. Hell, Gallegos has been shockingly effective (one of the best K rates in the league right now).

The real hell of it is that this club is spending roughly $19 million on lefthanded relievers and with 3 lefties up in 4 batters, we just left Wainwright out there to face them.

Because when it comes to lefty relievers - yeah, everything we have is complete trash.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:52 PM 06-02-2019

Originally Posted by BDj23:
Wong saved his ass.
yep.

WTF was that? 37 year old pitcher with 124 pitches. 1 run game. 2 runners on. 1 out. Bottom of the 8th. 2/3/4 hitters coming up including MVP hitters. You have proven relievers ready to go.

There is no scenario that it’s okay to allow that pitcher to throw another pitch. None. Doesn’t matter if it worked out. That’s more of that stupid Matheny managing. Have to trust my guys to get the out. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 06:18 PM 06-02-2019
At least when I go to work tomorrow I get to be the abuser, instead of the abusee. :-)
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:19 PM 06-02-2019
And?

I didn't say we had 10 of 'em. But Brebbia, Gant and Hicks have been good. Hell, Gallegos has been shockingly effective (one of the best K rates in the league right now).

The real hell of it is that this club is spending roughly $19 million on lefthanded relievers and with 3 lefties up in 4 batters, we just left Wainwright out there to face them.

Because when it comes to lefty relievers - yeah, everything we have is complete trash.
I’m not saying leaving Wainwright in was the correct move at all, just saying the bullpen isn’t bulletproof either. Of the three “good” guys, Brebbia has already shown signs of overuse and Hicks has pitched like shit his last few outings.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:59 PM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
At least when I go to work tomorrow I get to be the abuser, instead of the abusee. :-)

Hey @KrisBryant_23, sorry for another boring weekend in StL. I think you just need to get out more. There really are fun places you didn’t bother to visit! Like second base!

— CardsCards (@StlCardsCards) June 3, 2019

[Reply]
Marcellus 08:23 AM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Wong saved his ass.
That is no shit. What an absolutely amazing catch at a huge time. Yea Waino gutted out 1,000,000 pitches but he shouldn't have had to.

That was like hitting on a 15 and getting a 5 when the house is showing a 6 in blackjack and then acting like you did the right thing because it worked out.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:09 AM 06-03-2019
I've been being a complete douche to everybody this morning and really enjoying it. :-)
[Reply]
Page 63 of 211
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Up