ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 177 of 386
« First < 77127167173174175176177 178179180181187227277 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:38 AM 04-07-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
He's a small dude. Probably like 5'8" 150.
He’s tiny. They have a bunch of clothes on him all the time and use camera angles (and other short cast members) to make him look not so ridiculous.

But I watched some damn behind the scenes thing about season 1 and they were saying he can really swing that sword.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:03 AM 04-07-2019
Be warned. Spoilers for the first episode of Season 8 are likely out there, fyi. The internet is dark and full of spoilers.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:23 AM 04-07-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Spoilers for the first episode of Season 8 are likely out there, fyi.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
vailpass 12:41 PM 04-07-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:

via GIPHY

^X10
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:44 PM 04-07-2019

[Reply]
alanm 10:21 PM 04-08-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yeah, I loved the way Littlefinger got his comeuppance. One of the best scenes of the show. I don't get how anybody would have issues with it.
I dunno.. Was just rewatching Battle of the Bastards again tonight. Great Episode!! Ramsey being eaten by his dogs is hard to beat. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 09:11 AM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by alanm:
I dunno.. Was just rewatching Battle of the Bastards again tonight. Great Episode!! Ramsey being eaten by his dogs is hard to beat. :-)
Satisfying moments are few and far between in this masochistic bitch, but my favorites over the years have been (in no real particular order)

Joffrey's death
Walder Frey's death
Cersei blowing up the Sept of Baelor
Cersei's revenge on the septa
Littlefinger's death
Tyrion's rant at his trial
Jon and Sansa reunion
The dragons frying the slavers
Ramsey becomes dog food

There are obviously many others, but those come to mind first.

I remember the Jon/Sansa reunion scene - right up until they embraced, I kept expecting something horrible to happen - like a piano dropping on her head like the end of Two and a Half Men just as he walked up.

The twisted pricks probably discussed it. :-)
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:22 AM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Did the rewatch a while ago. Remembered how great a series it is and how boring the Danerius story scenes are.
Books aren't really any different.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:30 AM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
For me the Sansa chapters were the worst. I would actually finish the rest of the chapters in the books and read that shit later.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:33 AM 04-09-2019
For me the Sansa chapters were the worst. I would actually finish the rest of the chapters in the books and read that shit later.
I bulled through all them, but the Danny chapters in that last book nearly made me quit reading the series all together.

Of course, I think I'm done with the series anyway now that it's clear GRRM has no idea how (or maybe no interest) to wrap it all up.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:38 AM 04-09-2019
I bulled through all them, but the Danny chapters in that last book nearly made me quit reading the series all together.

Of course, I think I'm done with the series anyway now that it's clear GRRM has no idea how (or maybe no interest) to wrap it all up.
Either that's the case, or he's just waiting for the show to end and then release them.

Either way, he's a giant fucking douche. Eight years since the last book was released. :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:59 AM 04-09-2019
Either that's the case, or he's just waiting for the show to end and then release them.

Either way, he's a giant fucking douche. Eight years since the last book was released. :-)
Timely revisit of the creative process

[Reply]
Setsuna 12:10 PM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Come one man, keep it real? Its a fantasy series with dragons for chissakes.

The bad guys dont die as often as the good guys in this series. Why not have one go out like a sniveling bitch?
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Oh, I loved the scene. Seeing him die like a bitch was poetic and I look forward to reading Lady Stoneheart deliver the blow in the books.

I guess I wish a little more was done to set-up the scene. But overall it’s small potatoes, as the major players (Arya, Sansa, Bran) all had terrific moments in that storyline.
I mean it's the most cliched thing in cinematography. The mastermind ends up dying in the most pathetic way imaginable. It's stupid and overdone. Why can't a mastermind die with dignity? Is it taboo or something? I don't get it. That just tells me the producers aren't very creative if at all.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:06 PM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
I mean it's the most cliched thing in cinematography. The mastermind ends up dying in the most pathetic way imaginable. It's stupid and overdone. Why can't a mastermind die with dignity? Is it taboo or something? I don't get it. That just tells me the producers aren't very creative if at all.
How else is he going to go down - in a bloody last-stand heroic ax fight? He was a slimy, gutless weasel. He tried to manipulate Sansa until the bitter end. It's all he knew.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:16 PM 04-09-2019
No they are not.
[Reply]
Page 177 of 386
« First < 77127167173174175176177 178179180181187227277 > Last »
Up