ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 29
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Royals Announce New Ballpark in "The Heart of Downtown KC"
|Zach| 12:59 AM 02-25-2024
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
No tailgating and a much greater difficulty getting to the stadium seem like issues lots of normal people will care about. :-)
I feel like that is not as big of deal for the Royals its always hot as fuck not near the thing as it is for Arrowhead.
[Reply]
loochy 09:58 AM 02-14-2024
I'd rather they pour some money into the team and get at least a competitive team out there. This is like lipstick on a pig
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:02 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by loochy:
I'd rather they pour some money into the team and get at least a competitive team out there. This is like lipstick on a pig
Do taxpayers typically vote to send money for player salaries to sports teams?
[Reply]
loochy 10:04 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Do taxpayers typically vote to send money for player salaries to sports teams?

i would

get some damn hitting in here
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:08 AM 02-14-2024
As an out of towner this is great as I typically stay in the Crossroads anyway

As a resident it would be nice if there were more transit options but baby steps I guess

Depending on how the footprint shakes out I do feel for some of the potential impact on businesses. The Crossroads has done a really good job of developing itself in a non-commercial way. It would suck to lose that vibe but that typically means it'll develop in another part of the city
[Reply]
Katipan 09:58 AM 02-14-2024
It revitalized Denver.
Be mad, I'm just saying.
[Reply]
Warpaint69 11:06 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Katipan:
It revitalized Denver.
Be mad, I'm just saying.
Been downtown Denver lately?
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:15 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Warpaint69:
Not sure how lately you mean, but was there a couple years ago and it was great.... parked close to Ball Arena, walked around a good amount for lunch and what not, and then it was really easy getting out and onto the interstate after the game.

Five stars, would attend again.
[Reply]
Warpaint69 11:33 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Not sure how lately you mean, but was there a couple years ago and it was great.... parked close to Ball Arena, walked around a good amount for lunch and what not, and then it was really easy getting out and onto the interstate after the game.

Five stars, would attend again.
If you like homeless tent cities and immigrants on the streets when they're made to leave hotels they're housed in during the day.
[Reply]
Katipan 11:35 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Warpaint69:
Yes, there was a huge Super Bowl watch party in the Entertainment district next to Coors. Lots of money spent to watch our Chiefs. Wonder what KC would pay to watch the Royals.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:38 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Katipan:
Yes, there was a huge Super Bowl watch party in the Entertainment district next to Coors. Lots of money spent to watch our Chiefs. Wonder what KC would pay to watch the Royals.
We already have that in Power and Light if you are into that. That was the last huge money suck The Cordish group funnelled out of the city. So let's double down! I'm sure it'll be different this time! And let's kill the cultural heart of the city while we're at it! Most people think Applebee's is great!
[Reply]
Katipan 11:41 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
We already have that in Power and Light if you are into that. That was the last huge money suck The Cordish group funnelled out of the city. So let's double down! I'm sure it'll be different this time! And let's kill the cultural heart of the city while we're at it! Most people think Applebee's is great!
Bigger, better, faster. You can argue the sentiment and clutch moms apron, that's half the romance of the midwest.

But it's all coming anyways.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:42 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I know it didn't last, but when they built that thing and put in a Famous Dave's it really said it all.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:59 AM 02-14-2024
Voting No
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:01 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Voting No
The sales tax vote includes funding for the Chiefs as well... you are voting no to Mahomes?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 29
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up