ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 580 of 3903
« First < 80480530570576577578579580 58158258358459063068010801580 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Spott 04:36 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
same dumb asses that are drinking beer from other kid's butt cracks on spring break.
Raider fans always up to something.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:37 PM 03-21-2020
Got this today for my cousin's wedding in Cancun in June:

Originally Posted by :
Dear suzzer,

I’m touching base to remind you that your final payment due date is approaching for your travel package. To make a payment, please click the payment form link below. Thank you!

Payment Form:
How bout no? Funny thing is I thought I already paid. Nope - just a $50 deposit and I didn't get a plane ticket yet. Yay me.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:38 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Pretty much. Just stay home, people. It's not that hard.
It is extremely hard if you need to work so you can live.

This fucking with people’s livelihoods is not going to end well if it lasts for any real length of time. And 30 days is fast approaching a breaking point for a whole lot of people.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:40 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Just go by yourself, nobody will be there. Used to play that shitty 9 hole alvamar course for free all the time in the winter back in the day.
Wanna go to Augusta?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:40 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
isn't the military giving us a bunch of ventilators to use?
we had 10K in reserve. The military is supplying another 2K.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:44 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I haven't heard a lot about the "days behind Italy" talk much in the past few days?
NY governor is pushing the panic button.

ALBANY — Uncle Andy Needs Your Help!

Gov. Andrew Cuomo has ordered every local health department across the Empire State to contribute unused respirators as well as asked local businesses to produce badly needed supplies, as New York desperately tries to prepare for a wave of critically ill coronavirus patients.

It’s ventilators, ventilators, ventilators. That is the greatest need,” Cuomo told reporters at the state Capitol.

“We’re notifying any health department in the state: if you have a ventilator and you are not using it at this time or it is non-essential to your use, we want it. If you are a regulated health facility, we are asking you by order of the department of health to make that ventilator available,” he said.

“We will purchase it from you if you could lend it to us, but we need ventilators and anyone who has them now please call the New York State Department of Health.”

New York only has about 3,000 ICU beds empty at any given time and estimates that it has between 5,000-6,000 ventilators, which officials fear the pandemic will quickly overwhelm.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:45 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
That would be great but most (not me actually) would consider this a luxury. It is most likely that we won't have anything close to accurate figures for over a year on this.

People need to realize that we have absolutely ZERO clue at this time how many people are infected and how many have already recovered. The most likely scenario is that we have 5-10x as many infected(or previously infected and already recovered) as the numbers currently show.
One hopes that is the case, but if the rate of hospitalization keeps growing exponentially, it is going to break the back of our hospitals.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:47 PM 03-21-2020
So I have real high anxiety right now about getting this virus but also economically. Should I start pulling money out the bank?
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:50 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
So I have real high anxiety right now about getting this virus but also economically. Should I start pulling money out the bank?
Yes, let’s have a run on the banks to complete this disaster!

I’m sorry, the sarcasm really isn’t directed at you personally. I’m just frustrated at this unnecessary situation.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:50 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:

This ****ing with people’s livelihoods is not going to end well if it lasts for any real length of time. And 30 days is fast approaching a breaking point for a whole lot of people.
Almost every business is closed. Where are people supposed to work? We need to stay home and hope the curve gets bent.

The government has no choice but to pay expenses of the majority of its citizens for 30-60 days if it wants to avoid a really bad outcome of this whole mess.
[Reply]
wazu 04:52 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:

This fucking with people’s livelihoods is not going to end well if it lasts for any real length of time. And 30 days is fast approaching a breaking point for a whole lot of people.
Yeah there's nothing better than seeing people cheer for shutting it all down when they personally don't have a job that gets immediately ended by such a policy.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 04:53 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Almost every business is closed. Where are people supposed to work? We need to stay home and hope the curve gets bent.

The government has no choice but to pay expenses of the majority of its citizens for 30-60 days if it wants to avoid a really bad outcome of this whole mess.
If they came out and stated that was the plan it would be nice.
[Reply]
Bugeater 04:53 PM 03-21-2020
Not sure why there would be any reason for that.
[Reply]
Donger 04:53 PM 03-21-2020
No. That's the last thing anyone (and everyone) should do. It'll be okay. Your money is safe (intended).
[Reply]
stumppy 04:54 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Yeah there's nothing better than seeing people cheer for shutting it all down when they personally don't have a job that gets immediately ended by such a policy.
I haven't seen anyone 'cheering' to shut it all down.
[Reply]
Page 580 of 3903
« First < 80480530570576577578579580 58158258358459063068010801580 > Last »
Up