ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 824 of 3903
« First < 324724774814820821822823824 82582682782883487492413241824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
2112 12:40 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
That’s the key. When I went three days ago, there was no bread or meat worth a shit. Only gluten free cardboard, chitlins, and hog asses.
Where are you? In the city?
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:41 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by D2112:
They’re trying to keep up with stocking shelves. Only one case of water allowed per person. I pick up my meat at restaurant depot, so I have no idea how much meat they had. But they had bread, oat meal..canned goods were mostly gone. They had plenty of produce
Last i went to the grocery store was last weekend. Smart & Final was letting people in 5 at a time, but i was able to score some good food such as Bacon, Hot Links, ground beef, milk, eggs, cheese etc.

Afterwards i hit up a local neighborhood market and they were very well stocked as well. I even saw the return of Top Ramen and Cup O' Noodles.

So i thought things were rebounding. Today i've been hearing stories about empty shelves again.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:46 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
In mid-January, yes. What evidence do you have that there was, and they knew about it?
The fact they ignored answering Taiwan when they asked on December 31.
[Reply]
2112 12:46 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Last i went to the grocery store was last weekend. Smart & Final was letting people in 5 at a time, but i was able to score some good food such as Bacon, Hot Links, ground beef, milk, eggs, cheese etc.

Afterwards i hit up a local neighborhood market and they were very well stocked as well. I even saw the return of Top Ramen and Cup O' Noodles.

So i thought things were rebounding. Today i've been hearing stories about empty shelves again.
I’m going shopping every day picking up small amounts. It depends what time you go. They stock at night but by me they bus in senior citizens in the early am and it’s seniors only from 6-8am every day. By 10-11am there’s a good amount on the shelves, later in the day not so much. I picked up 40lbs of chicken and a pork loin from restaurant depot on Tuesday so I’m good for a little while.
[Reply]
Donger 12:54 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
The fact they ignored answering Taiwan when they asked on December 31.
I'm sorry, what?
[Reply]
TLO 01:01 PM 03-27-2020
2 confirmed positives in my county today. 1 if them in the office where my Mom works. (Though they say she's at a very low exposure risk)
[Reply]
Bob Dole 01:01 PM 03-27-2020
They just put my entire county on mandatory lockdown until April 13. Since all restaurants, grocery stores, auto mechanics, veterinarians banks and some other shit is still open, and the neighboring county is NOT on lockdown (And by neighboring, I mean the east half of town), I'm not sure it's much more than a reason for law enforcement to be assholes.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:07 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
They just put my entire county on mandatory lockdown until April 13. Since all restaurants, grocery stores, auto mechanics, veterinarians banks and some other shit is still open, and the neighboring county is NOT on lockdown (And by neighboring, I mean the east half of town), I'm not sure it's much more than a reason for law enforcement to be assholes.
Law enforcement will likely be doing LESS and life, for the most part, will proceed as normal.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:10 PM 03-27-2020
Speaking to reporters in Taipei, the island’s Centres for Disease Control chief Chou Jih-haw said that it written to the WHO and China as early as Dec. 31, asking for information about the newly uncovered virus outbreak in China’s Wuhan city, including whether there was human-to-human transmission.

“We asked them whether there’s a possibility of human-to-human transmission. We indeed asked them and reminded them of the matter,” Chou said. He said the WHO confirmed it had received the letter but did not respond to it.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN21B160
[Reply]
Donger 01:17 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Speaking to reporters in Taipei, the island’s Centres for Disease Control chief Chou Jih-haw said that it written to the WHO and China as early as Dec. 31, asking for information about the newly uncovered virus outbreak in China’s Wuhan city, including whether there was human-to-human transmission.

“We asked them whether there’s a possibility of human-to-human transmission. We indeed asked them and reminded them of the matter,” Chou said. He said the WHO confirmed it had received the letter but did not respond to it.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN21B160
Okay. And?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:20 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
The continued erosion of personal freedoms/civil liberties.

Far more scary than anything COVID-19 related, especially the potential long term ramifications.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:20 PM 03-27-2020
Oh we live in same county! Nice need to go watch a Chiefs game together sometime!
[Reply]
wazu 01:21 PM 03-27-2020
Are your restaurants open for dine-in?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:22 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Okay. And?
I think he's implying that things the WHO puts out, like the ibuprofen thing, are not necessarily ironclad.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:23 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I think he's implying that things the WHO puts out, like the ibuprofen thing, are not necessarily ironclad.
WRONG
[Reply]
Page 824 of 3903
« First < 324724774814820821822823824 82582682782883487492413241824 > Last »
Up