ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 140
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
Mecca 12:57 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Obviously Veach and co. didn't feel like they could get the value they wanted with the 29th pick. I wasn't keeping close tabs on the draft so I can't speak to that decision.

However, Frank Clark is a huge upgrade over both Houston and Ford. This might not have been the case if Houston had never injured his knee, but he did, and he wasn't the same afterwards.

Ford was just too one dimensional; all speed and nothing else. No ability to set the edge, no feel for stopping the run, these would've been serious issues going forward, especially as a DE in a 4-3.

And while I don't believe that Clark all on his own makes our D a top-10 unit, I do believe that his presence could make our front-7 at least one of the top 15 in the league. Which could take some pressure off the secondary, as well as having to acquire elite level players for our secondary.

The compensation both with draft picks and cash make me cringe a little, but then, I cringed more when we gave up what we gave up for Mahomes.

Wondering who's at 62 (I think that's the pick we have now)? Hopefully a true no. 1 CB or a no.2 WR.
If they can grab a starting caliber safety with one of those picks this defense becomes pretty good..

There are still quality LB's available in FA and its usually a spot young guys can produce in.

Defense is not that far away.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:57 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

Look at our Pro Bowl LT kicking ass right there.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 12:57 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Brett Reach
God damnit, that is sooooo fucking funny!
[Reply]
Bump 12:57 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
You'd be the same one bitching and moaning if we fielded another bottom 10 defense that lacked talent.

Shut up.

The only way you get better is by adding better players.

But i guess you'd be A-Ok starting scrubs like Ogbah, eh?

Kick rocks.
Kind of agree with you there, we are trying to win a Superbowl here and Clark is good but it's a huge price to pay. If he produces and is also good against the run, then fine.
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:58 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
What would you have given up to move to the top 15 in this draft? Would this year’s first and next year’s second be too much?
We gave up less to get Clark, who's 25 years old and is a proven commodity.

I think the compensation is too heavy, but it's better to overpay and get a proven player than to take your chances after the best prospects are gone in the 1st round.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 12:58 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
He is a 4-3 DE.
So Veach has used up $123 million dollars, a first round pick, three second round picks, and Eric Murray for a middle-of-the-pack DE group?

VEACH'D

Edit: Tanoh was Dorsey, right? My bad. Still....
[Reply]
staylor26 12:58 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
It feels like Veach always comes out on the losing side in trades. I like getting Frank but at that price and with that contract...fuck that's a lot.

I was just hoping for a mediocre or just slightly worse defense this year but with a move like this, we better be like 13th or 14th at worst.
Yea he really lost that Peters trade looking back :-)

And when Ford is inevitably hurt next year, I’m sure that trade will look like a loss too.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:58 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Good god Fisher :-)
[Reply]
TambaBerry 12:59 PM 04-23-2019
https://www.seahawks.com/video/every...eahawks-season

he has it all
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:59 PM 04-23-2019
FYI Jones is currently in negotiations with the Chiefs for a 20 mil a year contract
[Reply]
New World Order 12:59 PM 04-23-2019
We still have 2 seconds this year

Let’s go get our back-to-back rings
[Reply]
Mecca 12:59 PM 04-23-2019
There's video of him raping Andrew Whitworth who was one of the best in the league...Clark is just good.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 12:59 PM 04-23-2019
:-)
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:59 PM 04-23-2019
So what picks do we have now? One second rounder? Or both still with them getting a 2020 second rounder?
[Reply]
carcosa 12:59 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
he's perfect, that's how.

perfect size, perfect violent attitude. Excellent pass rusher (13 sacks last season), has played 62 of 64 games (no injury history) is relentless, is an excellent player against the run as well as the pass.

He literally does not have a hole in his game.

He's going to fucking wreck worlds lined up next to Jones.
Hell yeah motherfucker!!!!!!
[Reply]
Page 28 of 140
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Up