Opening Day Roster
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marco Polo 03:18 PM 09-03-2018
I hate Bud Norris. Walking from the Nats stadium now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 03:18 PM 09-03-2018
If Wainwright is serious about wanting to help the team win, he needs to take his corpse to the bullpen instead of giving us 3-4 innings per start like he’s about to do.
[Reply]
kcpasco 03:21 PM 09-03-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I'd settle for a manager that realizes that matchups and leverage are far more important than having a "closer". Your best reliever should face their best hitters late in the game, regardless of if it's in the 7th or 9th inning.

If the last month has taught us anything, it should be that you can take fringe-y starting pitchers from AAA and make them decent relievers.
I’ll agree that pitching to Harper wasn’t ideal but Ross pitching to Rendon isn’t much better. But let’s be honest, if Bud ****ing Norris does his job than this team is still on a hot streak. Bud Norris and Greg Holland can go blow each other.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:23 PM 09-03-2018
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
I’ll agree that pitching to Harper wasn’t ideal but Ross pitching to Rendon isn’t much better. But let’s be honest, if Bud ****ing Norris does his job than this team is still on a hot streak. Bud Norris and Greg Holland can go blow each other.
Yeah, we're not disagreeing with each other. Norris should not have been in that game, period. I fucking loathe defined roles for relievers.
[Reply]
kcpasco 03:24 PM 09-03-2018
Oh and Ozuna’s arm needs a proper burial. I’ve seen high school kids make better throws than that bs.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:28 PM 09-03-2018
Fuck Norris and fuck Martinez. They literally cost this team two wins the last two days. Choking fucking cunts.
Looks like Schildt benefited from the dead cat bounce of the Matheny firing, because he's managed like a goddamned idiot for the last several days (and his bullpen mismanagement has been little better than Matheny's since his hiring).
as soon as he got his contract things changed. Before he was pulling pitchers in the 4th inning, before the game got of hand. Now he’s back to this Matheny BS “He’s my guy” you just got to believe.

No matter the players opinion personally of Adams, they know he’s hitting below the Mendoza line. Again, it’s the BS mentality of we have to get a player “going. Why do we need to get Adams going? Since he was put in the starting lineup, he’s dead weight.
[Reply]
kcpasco 03:31 PM 09-03-2018
Except I don’t think Schildt will put up with Norris gagging away games much longer. I expect to see Carlos closing out games soon.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:35 PM 09-03-2018
I'd settle for a manager that realizes that matchups and leverage are far more important than having a "closer". Your best reliever should face their best hitters late in the game, regardless of if it's in the 7th or 9th inning.

If the last month has taught us anything, it should be that you can take fringe-y starting pitchers from AAA and make them decent relievers.

Really like Shildt a lot but must say this: numbers have been screaming “Danger” on Norris for a while now. I’m disappointed Shildt is locked into an outdated orthodoxy. Must use designated closer ... must use closer ... must use closer... must use closer.

— Bernie Miklasz (@miklasz) September 3, 2018

[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:13 PM 09-04-2018
I know some of you are not as high on Flaherty as I am and I’m not saying he’s the new Scherzer but the wind up similarities are striking.

Wind up comparison...
Max Scherzer
&
Jack Flaherty pic.twitter.com/uyinfqBZ7j

— cardinalsgifs (@cardinalsgifs) September 3, 2018

[Reply]
Marcellus 07:10 PM 09-04-2018
Jesus Christ this team. :-)

Most wins in team history for August and we are going to go 0-4 to start Sept blowing winnable games the whole time.

And Cards have walked 17 batters in 14 2/3rd against the Nationals so far.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:14 PM 09-04-2018
And our pitching sucks again. Nice thinking we would make the playoffs for a while.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:20 PM 09-04-2018
It's clear Schildt doesn't understand leverage. You don't bring in one of your worst relievers to face the heart of their order with multiple runners on just because it's relatively early in the game, especially with expanded rosters.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:25 PM 09-04-2018
Keep hitting homers. You're probably going to need another six runs to win this game.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:32 PM 09-04-2018
It's clear Schildt doesn't understand leverage. You don't bring in one of your worst relievers to face the heart of their order with multiple runners on just because it's relatively early in the game, especially with expanded rosters.
His early extension is looking worse and worse. There was absolutely no reason to do it until after the season.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:42 PM 09-04-2018
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
His early extension is looking worse and worse. There was absolutely no reason to do it until after the season.
Im guessing the idea was to show the team he was rewarded which would keep them happy and clicking.

Instead it seems to have made them go soft and get all comfy again.

We need Wong back at 2nd base something fierce as well.
[Reply]
Page 238 of 301
« First < 138188228234235236237238 239240241242248288 > Last »
Up