ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 32
« First < 182425262728 29303132 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Royals Announce New Ballpark in "The Heart of Downtown KC"
Couch-Potato 08:07 AM 02-14-2024
What do you guys think about the new ballpark?

ESPN:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Katipan 01:27 PM 03-27-2024
Maybe take a deep breath.
[Reply]
srvy 01:29 PM 03-27-2024
I think the new ballpark should befit what the Royals have become. Design it to look like a toilet bowl.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 01:30 PM 03-27-2024
As volatile as the construction/material market has been the past few years, with no end in sight, they (Royals and Chiefs) are going to make the "bond" language as generic as possible so that they aren't obligated to any "feature piece" that could cause the project to end up in the red because of inflation come the time of construction.

This is no different than any project that has required a vote the past few years, except for the fact it's a high-profile project!

I am part of projects that require a vote that don't even disclose a specific location within the question, but identify a need [ie. schools, hospitals, etc]. and these pass all of the time.

If this one passes, expect maybe 33% of what is shown in the renderings to actually be built. They are only obligated to provide what is stated in the question that is to-be voted on.

Edit: I am NOT working on either of the projects nor have anything to do with them. And Tyler Bray.
[Reply]
nychief 01:42 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by srvy:
How bout you worry about your own wreck of a City?

Um. Eat my ass. My family has been in KC since it's founding for Christ's sake.
The question still stands, how much money and civic recognition do these business bring to the city and region? I'd like some numbers, but assume it is substantial.

Anyway, I love all the associate degree libertarians that come out of the woodwork for a fucking extension of a 15 year old 5/8th a cent tax.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:50 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by nychief:
The question still stands, how much money and civic recognition do these business bring to the city and region? I'd like some numbers, but assume it is substantial.
Your assumption is wrong.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:51 PM 03-27-2024
The KC situation reminds me a bit of the SD situation.

Whack ass Padres that have never won shit ever got a bitchin' new stadium in the heart of downtown San Diego, Chargers got the middle finger.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 02:00 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
The KC situation reminds me a bit of the SD situation.

Whack ass Padres that have never won shit ever got a bitchin' new stadium in the heart of downtown San Diego, Chargers got the middle finger.
I’ve given the Chargers the middle finger several times.
[Reply]
Katipan 02:08 PM 03-27-2024
Padres stayed loyal to San Diego.
I shouldn't have to explain this to you Cali boy.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 02:31 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by Katipan:
Padres stayed loyal to San Diego.
I shouldn't have to explain this to you Cali boy.
That loyalty plus five bucks will get you a decent cup of coffee.
[Reply]
Katipan 02:34 PM 03-27-2024
You don't have the IQ or CP longevity to address me.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 02:38 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by Katipan:
You don't have the IQ or CP longevity to address me.
Of course I do. Lol
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:04 PM 03-27-2024
Did we build this piece of shit yet?
[Reply]
srvy 03:07 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by nychief:
Um. Eat my ass. My family has been in KC since it's founding for Christ's sake.

Anyway, I love all the associate degree libertarians that come out of the woodwork for a fucking extension of a 15 year old 5/8th a cent tax.
Well have your family come in and post the question. We don't have time for quitters.

As for the ass eating well keep those proclivities to yourself. I have high confidence your desires can be filled by a step outside in the NYC streets.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:31 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's build stuff for the rich fans, renovation.
LOL...
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:32 PM 03-27-2024
I'd because yes vote, but the lack of transparency from Sherman is extremely annoying. The guy has had this planned from the moment he bought the team almost 5 years ago, but he still is being vague as hell about everything and it seems like he has no idea where he wants to actually put the thing.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 32
« First < 182425262728 29303132 >
Up