ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2913 of 3903
« First < 1913241328132863290329092910291129122913 29142915291629172923296330133413 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 05:22 PM 08-26-2020
New Abbott test released that is basically a pregnancy test type

Big deal
[Reply]
petegz28 05:27 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

Big deal
So I pee on a stick and know if I am positive or negative??? :-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 05:44 PM 08-26-2020

Big deal
That is great news and what we needed.

This seems like a big deal. 50M tests per month in October. $5 price point. 15 minute wait time. High sensitivity and specificity in studied patients. Small form factor. Companion application. Doesn't require CLIA labs to conduct.

That's a lot of good things. https://t.co/MftdbZXJG4

— Alexander Gaffney (@AlecGaffney) August 26, 2020

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:48 PM 08-26-2020
Major coronavirus study in Spanish summer camps shows low transmission among children

Children and adolescents who took part in 22 summer camps in the Barcelona area in recent months have been found to have a capacity to transmit the coronavirus that is up to six times lower than that of the general population.

That is the preliminary conclusion of the biggest study so far carried out about the transmission dynamics of SARS-CoV-2 among minors. The research was carried out by a team from the Sant Joan de Déu children’s hospital in the Catalan capital. The authors of the study chose summer camps on the basis that they are “environments that are comparable with, or similar to, those of schools.”

https://english.elpais.com/society/2...-children.html
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:53 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
You didn't just ask this question, did you? Please tell me that's sarcasm.
The college where I work we had a positive and they isolated those that had been exposed. Then waited 4 days and had them all tested only one came back positive. That one got guaranteed while the rest came back to work.
Then a week after that they tested every employee to get a baseline for the entire campus faculty and staff.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08-26-2020, 06:09 PM
This message has been deleted by BigRedChief. Reason: Sorry
TLO 06:09 PM 08-26-2020

Big deal
I will piss on that test so often I'll die of dehydration!!
[Reply]
TLO 06:14 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I will piss on that test so often I'll die of dehydration!!
Oh it's not an at home test. :-)

Bummer.
[Reply]
TLO 06:26 PM 08-26-2020
Remember that heart study that came out a while back we were all kinda confused about? Looks like they done ****ed up.

Uh-oh Spaghetti-O's

Errors in Statistical Numbers and Data in Study of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Patients Recently Recovered From COVID-19

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...stract/2770026
Stolen from someone elsewhere
Originally Posted by Kidd Lex:
We don't have to rewrite the textbooks take 10
Those big 10 players and coaches may be a tad upset.
Now there's some debate about the study still being valid. Whatever.

Throw this one out and I'll wait for one with a larger sample size.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:24 PM 08-26-2020

Yeah if they have so many errors it makes it hard to take the study serious. Also with them changing the data led to this "However, the corrected findings no longer show higher left ventricular mass in these patients". Higher left ventricular mass is a pretty significant ailment and greatly increases the risk of heart attack. These tuckers make it seem like nothing changed with the corrected data.

Also, Twitter is the reason they had to correct this.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:56 AM 08-27-2020

Was this the heart study that shut down Big Ten football?
[Reply]
petegz28 06:43 AM 08-27-2020
I may have proof the flu still exists in these times of woe and want. I have a friend in OK who was down with the flu 2 weeks ago but I am not 100 on his covid testing status.

Then I found out a co-worker has been out all week with the flu. Tested negative once for Covid and is going for his second test today or tomorrow.
[Reply]
loochy 07:14 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I may have proof the flu still exists in these times of woe and want. I have a friend in OK who was down with the flu 2 weeks ago but I am not 100 on his covid testing status.

Then I found out a co-worker has been out all week with the flu. Tested negative once for Covid and is going for his second test today or tomorrow.

Impossibru
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:25 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/symp...ry?id=71594849

"Anyone who thinks they may be infected -- independent of symptoms -- should get a test," Redfield told Dr. Jennifer Ashton, ABC News' chief medical correspondent, and Aaron Katersky, ABC News Radio correspondent and host of the "Bringing Back America" podcast.
Its fairly obvious to spot people like Donger who use google as their entire resource on any topic and have zero real world experience with pretty much anything and think they are an expert.

Newsflash Donger, 90% of testing sights wont test you if you don't have symptoms regardless of your potential exposure. Its simply a waste of time.

There is no set number of days after exposure to know you have had enough incubation time therefore testing prior to being symptomatic is a waste of time unless you test at least 10 days after exposure. At that point if you have been asymptomatic for 10 days there is likely no reason to get tested anyway as it will take 2 days to get the test back (maybe longer) and quarantine time frame is 14 days. Its simple PRACTICAL logic.

There is no need to burden the system with asymptomatic testing.

This isn't complicated to comprehend if you have half a functioning brain.
[Reply]
O.city 07:35 AM 08-27-2020
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/...cid=mm6933a3_w

Big prison serology report. 12x more infections than we caught?
[Reply]
O.city 07:35 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Its fairly obvious to spot people like Donger who use google as their entire resource on any topic and have zero real world experience with pretty much anything and think they are an expert.

Newsflash Donger, 90% of testing sights wont test you if you don't have symptoms regardless of your potential exposure. Its simply a waste of time.

There is no set number of days after exposure to know you have had enough incubation time therefore testing prior to being symptomatic is a waste of time unless you test at least 10 days after exposure. At that point if you have been asymptomatic for 10 days there is likely no reason to get tested anyway as it will take 2 days to get the test back (maybe longer) and quarantine time frame is 14 days. Its simple PRACTICAL logic.

There is no need to burden the system with asymptomatic testing.

This isn't complicated to comprehend if you have half a functioning brain.
The issue is if asymptomatic people are really driving spread, we need to know.
[Reply]
Page 2913 of 3903
« First < 1913241328132863290329092910291129122913 29142915291629172923296330133413 > Last »
Up