ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 94
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>UPDATE: Ford to 49ers for a 2020 2nd round pick. Official.
Dante84 06:19 PM 03-12-2019

More trade news: The #Chiefs are deep in talks with the #49ers on a trade for star pass-rusher Dee Ford, sources say. Things have escalated and this could get done by the end of the night. Ford needs to work out a new contract with SF, which is a big piece of this.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

The trade is essentially agreed to — Ford for a 2020 2nd round pick. That assumes the #49ers get a deal done with Ford. https://t.co/g4tYK2tWFh

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:06 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
100% speculation on your part. We don't know exactly who all was involved in getting the deal done or that Veach couldn't have pulled it off. We are talking about Buffalo here, he wasn't negotiating with NE.
We do know exactly who was involved in the Buffalo trade - that's all been pretty well laid out there.

If you're willing to accept "Veach was the guy who sold everyone on Mahomes" as an article of faith, there's every bit as much evidence that Dorsey was the guy who did the fisting on Doug Whaley.

That's pretty much public record if you're willing to look. You can't say one was true and the other is speculation; the evidence for both positions is about equal.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:07 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
You have always been one of my favorite Planeteers, Mr. DJ's left nut. I've always respected your observations and perspectives. But dude ... come on nah ...

This, right here, is a little over the top.

Not the Pioli part, that part's spot on.

FAX
DJ's right, sorry.

This place LOVED Dorsey...until he was fired. Then all of a sudden he couldn't draft defense and sucked at contracts.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:08 AM 03-13-2019
You have always been one of my favorite Planeteers, Mr. DJ's left nut. I've always respected your observations and perspectives. But dude ... come on nah ...

This, right here, is a little over the top.

Not the Pioli part, that part's spot on.

FAX
You don't think John Dorsey did a great job turning a 3-win football team with holes up and down its roster into an immediate playoff time that averaged double-digit wins/season in his tenure?

I mean...wha?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:08 AM 03-13-2019
I always thought Dorsey was a lot better at identifying offensive talent and pretty meh at defense.

Still do. My feelings haven't wavered on John Dorsey.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:09 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You don't think John Dorsey did a great job turning a 3-win football team with holes up and down its roster into an immediate playoff time that averaged double-digit wins/season in his tenure?

I mean...wha?
Andy Reid had a TON to do with that.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:10 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Andy Reid had a TON to do with that.
Right. Takes a special coach to take that 2012 stench of the Chiefs and immediately turn it into a playoff team.

And to be honest with you, a stable, smart QB like Alex Smith didn’t hurt either.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:11 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I mean...wha?
You went just a bit over the top with that Ryan Grigson comment last night :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 10:12 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I always thought Dorsey was a lot better at identifying offensive talent and pretty meh at defense.

Still do. My feelings haven't wavered on John Dorsey.
Are you sure Andy didn’t play a big part in that?
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:13 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Right. Takes a special coach to take that 2012 stench of the Chiefs and immediately turn it into a playoff team.

And to be honest with you, a stable, smart QB like Alex Smith didn’t hurt either.
And a GM that was able to identify guys like Travis Kelce in the 3rd round.

Or a Tyreek Hill.

Hell, people hated the Fisher pick and still do, but look at that round. He's the fucking best player taken today.

Surely, they all did their job.
[Reply]
FAX 10:13 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
You sure wont hear me crying, Mr FAX

Glad they didn't wanna shoehorn him into an ill fitting role in the 43
Dee Ford could have been great. He still might be. But if a fan person takes a moment to be completely rational and realistic about him ... well, you have to admit there were issues.

Objectively, he was hurt a lot. Missed a lot of games. Spent a lot of time on PUP or IR. Then, he suddenly comes out and plays like he "could" have and "should" have during his contract year. You don't have to be a cynic to think objectively about that remarkable change in performance.

I wish Dee Ford well. He's a physically gifted athlete with an engaging personality. That's all really good and good for him. He'll love it in SF.

Still, I have a suspicion that, if Spags wanted him, he'd still be with the Chiefs.

FAX
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:15 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
You went just a bit over the top with that Ryan Grigson comment last night :-)
I was phone posting from a pickup and didn't have a good way to use several words to relay the fact that I think we're spinning our wheels while our best seasons of Mahomes tick down.

My point is that Grigson was a horseshit GM that got a single pick right...and then proceeded to do very little around that pick to take full advantage of it. Now we are admittedly early on in the Veach era (who, for the record, wasn't even the guy who MADE said pick), but Imma need to see a LOT more than I've seen from him thus far.

Again, just throwing stupid money at Watkins and Matthieu doesn't impress me. Spending more than the other guy is willing to spend ain't that tough.

Go rehab Hitchens and make his contract an asset. Go get Fuller signed below market like Dorsey was able to do with Kelce (what a goddamn steal that's been). Go sign a Mitchell Schwartz at a !@#$ing HEIST of a contract.

Go do half of what Dorsey did before you. Because right now I see a guy that's willing to spend on credit and take sub-optimal trades to get rid of his most talented defenders.

He's not been very impressive at all and the only difference between what he's done and what Grigson did was time. He's two steps down the path to Grigsonville and he'd better find a different one to walk in a hurry.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:16 AM 03-13-2019
Then, he suddenly comes out and plays like he "could" have and "should" have during his contract year.
FAX
That's completely wrong. He's always flashed the ability. The only difference between last season and season's prior is that he stayed healthy.

Otherwise, he was the same damn player he's always been.

Only the CP hive mind that thinks everyone sucks thought otherwise.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 10:16 AM 03-13-2019
So we traded our 2014 first round pick for a 2020 second?
[Reply]
Buckweath 10:16 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
DJ's right, sorry.

This place LOVED Dorsey...until he was fired. Then all of a sudden he couldn't draft defense and sucked at contracts.
Soooo trruuueee!!

I was always a fan. A big fan actually. I've always thought of Dorsey as a top GM.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:17 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
And a GM that was able to identify guys like Travis Kelce in the 3rd round.

Or a Tyreek Hill.

Hell, people hated the Fisher pick and still do, but look at that round. He's the fucking best player taken today.

Surely, they all did their job.
And they still bitch about the Fisher contract, which is just completely nuts. Meanwhile we're still reaping dividends from the Schwartz and Kelce contracts. See anything like that that Veach has managed or is likely to manage in the future?
[Reply]
Page 60 of 94
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470 > Last »
Up