ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 98 of 268
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108148198 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
Bowser 07:38 PM 12-09-2017
My opinion is to use the spoiler tags for in depth discussion for the first weekend, then all bets are off after that. I'm willing to bet most of us on here interested in it will find a way to watch it sometime next weekend, but I am certainly open to hearing everyone's thoughts on this and how we should treat it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:34 PM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
My opinion is to use the spoiler tags for in depth discussion for the first weekend, then all bets are off after that. I'm willing to bet most of us on here interested in it will find a way to watch it sometime next weekend, but I am certainly open to hearing everyone's thoughts on this and how we should treat it.
That sounds like a plan, although we should make all bets off after 11:59pm Sunday, December 17th. I certainly don't want someone that hasn't been paying much attention pop in and go "Oh SHIT! Why didn't you spoil that?".

Should I put it on the Thread Starter or do you want to do it, as an All Powerful Mod?

:-)
[Reply]
Gadzooks 09:43 PM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Serious Question:

I'm seeing the film Thursday night at 9pm PST. There might be one or two others seeing it Thursday night as well.

This is a spoiler thread but I'm sure those of us that see it the first or second day will want to discuss the film.

Do those of us use the Spoiler Tags?

I don't want to ruin the film for anyone but just as with Rogue One and The Force Awakens, I'll be amped up when I return home at 12am-ish and will want to spill out my thoughts.
I'm not going to look at this thread from the moment it's released until I watch the movie, (Sunday). I'll probably also try to avoid any human interaction if I can help it.

[Reply]
unlurking 08:53 AM 12-10-2017
It's a spoiler thread. Fuck using tags.

Why the fuck even have a "spoiler" thread if you have to have tags. Fuck that.

If you have the self control not to click to show spoilers, have the self control not to click on the fucking thread.

[Reply]
SAUTO 08:55 AM 12-10-2017
Originally Posted by unlurking:
It's a spoiler thread. Fuck using tags.

Why the fuck even have a "spoiler" thread if you have to have tags. Fuck that.

If you have the self control not to click to show spoilers, have the self control not to click on the fucking thread.

i agree
[Reply]
Bowser 09:41 AM 12-10-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
That sounds like a plan, although we should make all bets off after 11:59pm Sunday, December 17th. I certainly don't want someone that hasn't been paying much attention pop in and go "Oh SHIT! Why didn't you spoil that?".

Should I put it on the Thread Starter or do you want to do it, as an All Powerful Mod?

Yeah, I'm torn. It'd be nice to have a couple day grace period to let everyone have a chance to get out and see it, but Unlurking is right - it says SPOILERS in big letters right in the thread name.

Piss on it - I vote to let the discussion fly from the jump. I personally can avoid this thread for a couple of days if necessary. There's no need to spoiler tag everything just to stop doing that a couple of days later.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:43 PM 12-10-2017
The first reviews are in and it’s a unanimous winner.

Many have said better than Empire.
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 04:48 PM 12-10-2017
God damn I can't wait til Thursday.

I think the spoiler tags should be used til Sunday, but that's just because I think people deserve a chance to see it. I know its a spoiler thread,but there's a difference between pre release spoilers and someone posting after they've seen it.
[Reply]
KingPriest2 06:14 PM 12-10-2017
Originally Posted by kcfanXIII:
God damn I can't wait til Thursday.

I think the spoiler tags should be used til Sunday, but that's just because I think people deserve a chance to see it. I know its a spoiler thread,but there's a difference between pre release spoilers and someone posting after they've seen it.
Nonsense. It's a SPOOLER thread!! There is no difference. It says Stsr Wars Episode VIII Spoilers thread. No where in there saying Star Wars pre release Spoilers thread
[Reply]
okcchief 07:47 PM 12-10-2017
The only thing I would say is don’t post pics because you can see it when you aren’t in the thread. Someone posted a pic of Han Solo getting killed before TFA and I could see it from the lobby. I was pretty sure he was dying anyway but it still kind of sucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 07:49 PM 12-10-2017
I never said that was specific to this thread. There IS a difference between internet speculation, and some one posting when Rey's parents are confirmed for example. Say Dane used his big shot connections and got to see an early screening, then got on here and gave the whole movie away, people would be pissed. You can do what you want obviously, but I know how I feel about it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:03 PM 12-10-2017
omg...i want this movie so bad now

Originally Posted by :
There’s a scene in Star Wars: The Last Jedi that I keep playing over and over in my head, that is so stunning and unexpected that I don’t want to forget how I felt seeing it for the first time.

[Reply]
Bowser 08:04 PM 12-10-2017
Originally Posted by okcchief:
The only thing I would say is don’t post pics because you can see it when you aren’t in the thread. Someone posted a pic of Han Solo getting killed before TFA and I could see it from the lobby. I was pretty sure he was dying anyway but it still kind of sucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same. I saw that on the web - clicked one too many links and saw the shot of the saber through Han and his shocked look on his face. I was pissed.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:05 PM 12-10-2017
Originally Posted by kcfanXIII:
I never said that was specific to this thread. There IS a difference between internet speculation, and some one posting when Rey's parents are confirmed for example. Say Dane used his big shot connections and got to see an early screening, then got on here and gave the whole movie away, people would be pissed. You can do what you want obviously, but I know how I feel about it.
Exactly.

I’ll be using the Spoiler Tag until Monday morning.

All of the people that have seen it so far say Do Not Spoil.

The last thing that I want to do is ruin the experience for someone.
[Reply]
sully1983 01:01 AM 12-11-2017
not that it matters cause I won't be getting any of the money but do you guys think this could make over 2 billion?
[Reply]
Page 98 of 268
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108148198 > Last »
Up