ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3580 of 3903
« First < 2580308034803530357035763577357835793580 3581358235833584359036303680 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:55 AM 07-24-2021
Originally Posted by Swanman:
You are not going to change his mind. He is willing to twist himself into a pretzel with his false equivalencies to justify his idiotic anti-vax standpoint.

It has become abundantly clear in the last 18 months that the country is infested with stupid and easily manipulated people. I wish there was a vaccine for stupidity but the dumbasses wouldn't take that one either.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Now if their Dr prescribed it for them that'd be different.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:24 AM 07-24-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
In this thread, getting a vaccine has been compared multiple times to wearing a seatbelt.

If I ever didn't wear a seatbelt, got into an accident, and died, so be it. It's done and over quickly.

But if I didn't wear a seatbelt, got into an accident, and had to live paralyzed for the rest of my life, knowing that if I had just put the seatbelt on things would've been different, that would be the most painful experience of all.

I cannot imagine how some of these people feel in their last moments with that very simple thought. That alone would push me toward getting vaccinated if I were ever on the fence.

And all of the above isn't even considering that getting vaccinated is actually doing a societal good. Actually being patriotic. Actually sacrificing if your initial inclination is to avoid it.
I heard the analogy of the vaccine is like airbags and masks are like seat belts. Either one can save you, but combined your likelihood of something severe is minuscule. If anything does happen imagine how bad it would have been without those safety measures.
Everyone should have airbags and use seatbelts just like everyone should be vaccinated and use masks.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:31 AM 07-24-2021
It's a shame for his friends and family and that's on him.

There you go again, spreading false narratives.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:33 AM 07-24-2021
You are not going to change his mind.
I'm aware. Just trying to understand some of the thought process.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:34 AM 07-24-2021
You are not going to change his mind. He is willing to twist himself into a pretzel with his false equivalencies to justify his idiotic anti-vax standpoint.

Feel better?

It's funny watching you attach labels and motives for me.

Powerball numbers?

Do you do this to people in real life too, or just on the internet hiding behind your computer?
[Reply]
stevieray 08:35 AM 07-24-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm aware..Just trying to understand...
Not your job, nor your responsibility.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:41 AM 07-24-2021
Some Biden officials see booster shots as increasingly likely

Between the lines: The amount of neutralizing antibodies a person has following their first two doses of Pfizer and Moderna's coronavirus vaccines appears to drop over time, which is a very normal thing to happen with vaccines.

The outstanding scientific question has been what that means for the person's overall protection against the virus, especially because neutralizing antibodies aren't the body's only form of immunity.

Some Biden officials are increasingly convinced that high levels of neutralizing antibodies correlate with a higher degree of protection against illness. They worry that means that as more time passes, vaccinated people may be increasingly vulnerable to mild, moderate or even severe disease, a Biden official told Axios.

The New York Times first reported on Friday that Biden administration health officials increasingly think that vulnerable populations will need booster shots.

This growing consensus is "tied in part to research suggesting that the Pfizer vaccine is less effective against the coronavirus after about six months," per the NYT.

Vaccine manufacturers have been warning for months that some Americans could require booster shots as soon as September.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/biden-offi...090012247.html
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:59 AM 07-24-2021
DRM-une system.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:03 AM 07-24-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
There you go again, spreading false narratives.
Your friends and family are more likely to be taken ill by covid because you're not vaccinated.

You may feel like the risk is negligible (and that's entirely reasonable), but please clearly explain how the above statement is a false narrative.
[Reply]
O.city 09:20 AM 07-24-2021
https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/sta...244478977?s=21
[Reply]
O.city 09:29 AM 07-24-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

Between the lines: The amount of neutralizing antibodies a person has following their first two doses of Pfizer and Moderna's coronavirus vaccines appears to drop over time, which is a very normal thing to happen with vaccines.

The outstanding scientific question has been what that means for the person's overall protection against the virus, especially because neutralizing antibodies aren't the body's only form of immunity.

Some Biden officials are increasingly convinced that high levels of neutralizing antibodies correlate with a higher degree of protection against illness. They worry that means that as more time passes, vaccinated people may be increasingly vulnerable to mild, moderate or even severe disease, a Biden official told Axios.

The New York Times first reported on Friday that Biden administration health officials increasingly think that vulnerable populations will need booster shots.

This growing consensus is "tied in part to research suggesting that the Pfizer vaccine is less effective against the coronavirus after about six months," per the NYT.

Vaccine manufacturers have been warning for months that some Americans could require booster shots as soon as September.

Severely immunocompromised it would make sense

Maybe the elderly

Study out of the Uk or Canada I don’t remember showed spacing the doses to 8 weeks gives a bit more durable response
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:36 AM 07-24-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Severely immunocompromised it would make sense

Maybe the elderly

Study out of the Uk or Canada I don’t remember showed spacing the doses to 8 weeks gives a bit more durable response
Sure, that's how they start it.

I believe they will get everyone on these eventually.

Moderna's stock price depends on it.
[Reply]
O.city 09:47 AM 07-24-2021
I doubt it
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:50 AM 07-24-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

Some Biden officials are increasingly convinced that high levels of neutralizing antibodies correlate with a higher degree of protection against illness. They worry that means that as more time passes, vaccinated people may be increasingly vulnerable to mild, moderate, or even severe disease, a Biden official told Axios.

Do you see the name of this thread?
Keep your politics out of it. If that means you cannot post an article then find a different article. This has been talked about ad nauseam.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:51 AM 07-24-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I heard the analogy of the vaccine is like airbags.
If only that was true. You would have to go to some work to disable the airbags.
[Reply]
Page 3580 of 3903
« First < 2580308034803530357035763577357835793580 3581358235833584359036303680 > Last »
Up