ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Collinsworth with high praise for Eric Bieniemy
RealSNR 05:01 PM 10-26-2020
Yes, I'm starting a new thread. Fuck bumping old threads. You're not in charge of CP's thread starting budget, so :-).

From Peter King's article this week:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ia-peter-king/

Originally Posted by :
FMIA: You’re running a team, and your owner says, “Pick the coach who’s going to turn us around.” Who is it?

Collinsworth: [Kansas City offensive coordinator] Eric Bieniemy. I would’ve done it last year. All these owners and GMs, they call you. Because we meet everybody. Bieniemy’s a dynamic personality, obviously he’s been in the room with Andy Reid, with the most creative of offenses. Is he the play caller? No, but it’s about play design. It’s about play creation. It’s about knowing the type of athlete you need to put together those kinds of creative offenses. And he’s a great guy.

FMIA: What’s the hang up been with Bieniemy? Why doesn’t he have a job yet?

Collinsworth: I’m gonna give the league the benefit of the doubt. I’m sure there are other people that say that the Rooney Rule is not effective enough and that’s the reason he didn’t get a job. [Bieniemy is Black.] I can’t explain it because in my mind, I know him. I’ve had a ton of conversations with him. I know his character. He’s like [Tennessee coach] Mike Vrabel. He’s one of those in-your-face kind of guys. I was stunned. I told Al [Michaels] before our opening broadcast in Kansas City, ‘I’m gonna go after [teams that didn’t hire him] because that is wrong that the guy didn’t get a job.’

But anyway, then, to me, I’m taking [Clemson QB] Trevor Lawrence with the first pick. I watched that kid play the other day. Talking about it with Richard Sherman, and he was saying, ‘You know, you got Sam Darnold, he’s been a top 5 pick. You could trade away the number one pick and you could set up your franchise for the rest of your life.’ I’m like, no way. In New York City? If they pass up the number one pick? If they don’t draft Trevor Lawrence, for the next six months, there is only one headline on the back pages of every one of those newspapers that you blew it, and that was the chance of a lifetime and you didn’t take it.

FMIA: So you’re Joe Douglas, GM of the Jets, and it sounds like you pick Bieniemy, no question?

Collinsworth: Yes sir, and I’m re-creating Kansas City. Everything. Trevor Lawrence is the same kind of player that Patrick Mahomes is. He can move. He’s creative. He’s been good for a long, consistent period of time. And then I’m going out and I’m finding all the Kelces and Edwards-Helaires I can find. I’m just re-doing Kansas City.
Not sure I'd take that gig if I were Bieniemy, but still. Not bad praise, eh?
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:02 PM 10-26-2020
He'd be stupid to go to New York. It's nearly impossible to win there.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:06 PM 10-26-2020
Beineimy + Lawrence vs Reid and Mahomes would be epic for the next decade.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:08 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Beineimy + Lawrence vs Reid and Mahomes would be epic for the next decade.
:-)

You end every post with "for the next decade".
[Reply]
KC Hawks 05:08 PM 10-26-2020
Very sweet of Collinsworth to say that!
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:11 PM 10-26-2020
There is zero chance they could duplicate what happened here.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:15 PM 10-26-2020
My prediction is that Bieniemy will go to Houston. They have cap issues that will hold them back for a few years, but Deshaun could really thrive under him.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:16 PM 10-26-2020
Houston might actually work. That's a fairly talented roster that's been castrated by coaching.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 05:22 PM 10-26-2020
I have no idea where EB will end up, but if I am the Jets, I go for it and try to get him.

I don't see him taking it, but if I am the Jets I back up the money truck and try.

I think Houston is a cluster fuck....I could see EB trying to go to the NFC maybe....he has earned the right to be a head coach, and while I would love to keep him, I hope he lands in the best situation he can that does not threaten the Chiefs Dynasty :-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:27 PM 10-26-2020
I was under the impression that EB just wanted a bit more experience and learn from Andy Reid. Also he can win another SB ring with Patrick Fing Mahomes so that would go a long ways on a resume and hold out for even more money. I think EB was wise to stay and not just go to a team just because. He should have better options this year and more clout. So I think if he wanted a HC job last year he would have taken one.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:36 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He'd be stupid to go to New York. It's nearly impossible to win there.
NYJ would be a great spot for him. He gets Lawrence, they’ll have at least 1 extra early pick for Darnold and they have the most cap space in the league to replenish his team quickly.

He’s also got a few good pieces to work with like Bectin who looked legit at LT.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:41 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I was under the impression that EB just wanted a bit more experience and learn from Andy Reid. Also he can win another SB ring with Patrick Fing Mahomes so that would go a long ways on a resume and hold out for even more money. I think EB was wise to stay and not just go to a team just because. He should have better options this year and more clout. So I think if he wanted a HC job last year he would have taken one.
Right on. EB is no dumbass. He's in a great spot right here. I hope Clark has given him the nod to be Andy's successor and stay put. Coaching a team with Andy Reid and PMII at QB can not be underestimated.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:46 PM 10-26-2020
Should we fire him and let Kafka take over since hes going to leave anyway?
[Reply]
wazu 05:48 PM 10-26-2020
WHY IS THIS NOT IN THE CRIS COLLINSWORTH OPINION MEGATHREAD
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:51 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Should we fire him and let Kafka take over since hes going to leave anyway?
Suck my Dick!

Wait.

Nevermind.

That wasn't an invitation!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up