ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Suicide
TLO 02:08 PM 10-26-2020
I found out today that a good friend of mine from high school committed suicide last night. This has never happened to someone I knew closely.

I'm not sure how to process the emotions I'm feeling.
[Reply]
vailpass 06:04 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Shut the **** up
Hey!
[Reply]
notorious 06:22 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Lost my son almost 10 years ago to suicide. Worst feeling you can ever have. Never gets better, you just learn to live with the pain and put on a mask to hide it from the world. People cAn say they’re in a better place now, but **** that. The best place is here with me. My son was 11 days from his 17th birthday. Still cry about it when the feelings surface and I can’t make them go back. Sorry for your loss bro. If you need someone to talk to I’m here for you. Can’t tell you how to make the bad feelings go away, but I can tell you if I made it through that, I think anyone can. Bless Up TLO.

Here’s a video I made for my son if you’re interested.

Man, I just......I'm sorry.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:28 PM 10-26-2020
I lost a couple of friends in my early 20's to suicide. The first was my sophomore year in college and while I was close with him, I had only known him a few years. My emotions were pissed off that he would be a coward and do this to himself, take the easy way out. I refused to go to his funeral. He didn't deserve my condolences or respect. Two years later, one of my best friends, who was a few years younger than me, and who I knew since we were toddlers, and followed me to my same college and lived across the hall from me and my roommate that all went to the same HS. I knew this kid well and loved him like a brother... He killed himself the year after I graduated college and he was still in school. It hurt like hell and made me change my attitude. I knew this kid and knew it wasn't in his nature to quit,I found out he was diagnosed bi-polar and the pain he must have felt was so bad he still left his friends and families devastated, which he would never have wanted, as he loved them all greatly. I look back now and realize I was a coward for not understanding it when my other friend died and I how poorly I handled that situation. I am not mad at either one, I know the pain was horrible and don't pretend to fully understand it, but I don't blame them. These took place nearly 30 years ago, and I have shared my story with several other folks who have experienced a tragic suicide who are angry, disappointed or just in disbelief. I don't blame them, I loved them, and I fondly remember the good memories of the time we spent together. You are in my thoughts.
[Reply]
kczoo 06:29 PM 10-26-2020
Deeply sorry. I know it doesn't seem real yet to you. I lost my best childhood friend in 2009. He was a cop and was murdered on duty. It's still rough. We all go and most of the time .... the circumstances appear wrong and unimaginable. Hope it gets better.
[Reply]
TribalElder 06:37 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Shut the **** up
Kill yourself fag
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:57 PM 10-26-2020
As a person who survived a suicide attempt, I know that all the pain that led up to the decision to end my life, suddenly stopped once I made the decision that decision. I experienced the most calm, peaceful feeling the entire day leading up to it.

Before I actually made that decision, when contemplating whether or not to do it, I always worried the most about all the people that I would hurt if I did commit suicide. Those people are the real victims of a suicide.

Unfortunately, depression plays with your mind, and soon you convince yourself that no one will actually care that you are gone, and with that the last obstacle is gone.

To people hurt by suicide, I would say that it is not your fault. Don't blame yourself for not seeing "the signs" or not knowing that your friend was suffering. The proverbial cry for help that we see so many times in movies or television isn't always an actual thing. I would say that as horrible as it may sound, your friend is no longer suffering, and while you are experiencing the pain of loss, your friend experienced worse for a long time.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Dartgod 07:19 PM 10-26-2020
Just a friendly reminder that there is a rule about being a douchebag in a thread like this.

Originally Posted by :
Rude Comments in Prayers/Thoughts thread
Prayers/thoughts threads are not normal threads, and will be treated as such. Be respectful. If you don’t have anything positive to add, move on to another thread.
Candyman has been removed from the thread for adding a DC element to his douchiness and I will remove anyone else who continues with posts like the ones below.

Originally Posted by TribalElder:
that sucks

did they leave you anything?
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Was hoping this was a Nick Keizer thread

j/k sorry for your loss, man
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Had he read any DeBerg threads?
Originally Posted by candyman:
To be fair though, there are a lot of people here (especially in DC) who should kill themselves.
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Kill yourself.
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Kill yourself pillowbiter

[Reply]
ChiTown 07:20 PM 10-26-2020
This thread is really sad. My heart goes out to all of you who have experienced this sort of loss. My prayers go out to all who suffer from depression. Awful stuff. Some of your stories are just gut-wrenching. :-)
[Reply]
CrossCheck 07:33 PM 10-26-2020
I'm sorry.... I lost a friend that I had known since 1st grade on Sept. 1st
[Reply]
Demonpenz 07:34 PM 10-26-2020
There is going to be a dickton more unless people can handle grief plus the flu that is whay depression for me feels like. My dog dying plus the flu. It is terrible.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 07:38 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I found out today that a good friend of mine from high school committed suicide last night. This has never happened to someone I knew closely.

I'm not sure how to process the emotions I'm feeling.
I can only offer prayer.
This has become quite a problem in the country.
COVID scare...lock down...Kids can't go to school.
sorry about you losing a friend
[Reply]
vailpass 07:48 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Just a friendly reminder that there is a rule about being a douchebag in a thread like this.

Candyman has been removed from the thread for adding a DC element to his douchiness and I will remove anyone else who continues with posts like the ones below.
Noted. It wasn’t designated as a prayers thread so thanks for letting me know.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10-26-2020, 07:52 PM
This message has been deleted by Simply Red. Reason: NM
Simply Red 07:53 PM 10-26-2020
sorry to hear it TLO.
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:59 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Lost my son almost 10 years ago to suicide. Worst feeling you can ever have. Never gets better, you just learn to live with the pain and put on a mask to hide it from the world. People cAn say they’re in a better place now, but fuck that. The best place is here with me. My son was 11 days from his 17th birthday. Still cry about it when the feelings surface and I can’t make them go back. Sorry for your loss bro. If you need someone to talk to I’m here for you. Can’t tell you how to make the bad feelings go away, but I can tell you if I made it through that, I think anyone can. Bless Up TLO.

Here’s a video I made for my son if you’re interested.

Man I don't think I can watch this but I will sometime but even though I've attempted myself the worse was when I found my daughter unconcious and I called 911 but I knew something was up with her from her behavior and I had the cops come over to talk to her and was hoping they would take her but she told them she didn't have a plan but the plan was she already overdosed. The hospital saved her life but if I wasn't there to make the call. i don't want to think about it.

Prayers for you man.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:14 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Man I don't think I can watch this but I will sometime but even though I've attempted myself the worse was when I found my daughter unconcious and I called 911 but I knew something was up with her from her behavior and I had the cops come over to talk to her and was hoping they would take her but she told them she didn't have a plan but the plan was she already overdosed. The hospital saved her life but if I wasn't there to make the call. i don't want to think about it.

Prayers for you man.
Prayers to you too my brother!!
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up