ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Suicide
TLO 02:08 PM 10-26-2020
I found out today that a good friend of mine from high school committed suicide last night. This has never happened to someone I knew closely.

I'm not sure how to process the emotions I'm feeling.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:26 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
This person was 31
Had he read any DeBerg threads?
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 04:37 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I've battled with depression my whole life. I've never come close to actually killing myself. Has it crossed my mind? Yes. Did I ever feel like I was remotely close to acting on it? No.

I can't imagine what makes a person go to that level.
You just process things differently at this point. You still think there's a reason to go on. For some people, it changes.
At some point, you realize any so called goal you had.. you're the one who dangled your own carrot or gold ring to reach for.
Then you realize you can't get it. Or you did get it and life is still the same circle of repetition. Nothing to look forward to..so then what's the point of it all?
Some people can keep trying no matter how much they fail. Some just get sick of trying because they are sick of failing.
Is either really a better or bad option? What's the difference?
[Reply]
notorious 04:44 PM 10-26-2020
Sorry brother. I know what you are feeling.

My best friend from college whom I was very close for a decade after school killed himself 9 years ago.

My wife’s sister killed herself 6 years ago.

Paul felt he was in a helpless situation. 32. Divorce mixed with being hooked on pain killers led him to swallowing the barrel of a 12 gauge. He left behind 2 sons. The boys are doing well.

My SIL hung herself. 30. She was a druggie, meth mostly. She left behind a son and daughter. Both are headed down a bad road.

Whatever you feel is fine. I’ve been sad, angry, happy. Sometimes within seconds of each other.
[Reply]
gblowfish 04:44 PM 10-26-2020
I lost a dear friend from college about six months after graduation in 1981. Hung himself in his parents attic. About three years ago I lost one of my very best friends. Gassed himself with a running car in a closed garage. The friend from college was diagnosed with a Bi-Polar issue. My friend recently had a bunch of health issues and I'm pretty sure was suffering from depression and alcoholism. Both hit me very hard. I don't joke about it any longer. It's all too real to me now.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 04:47 PM 10-26-2020
Damn hard to ever get your head around....been there, still dont get it.

Be well.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:49 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I lost a dear friend from college about six months after graduation in 1981. Hung himself in his parents attic. About three years ago I lost one of my very best friends. Gassed himself with a running car in a closed garage. The friend from college was diagnosed with a Bi-Polar issue. My friend recently had a bunch of health issues and I'm pretty sure was suffering from depression and alcoholism. Both hit me very hard. I don't joke about it any longer. It's all too real to me now.
Honestly, getting insensitive idiots to stop using the phrase "kill yourself" would be an outstanding goal.
[Reply]
candyman 04:53 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Honestly, getting insensitive idiots to stop using the phrase "kill yourself" would be an outstanding goal.
To be fair though, there are a lot of people here (especially in DC) who should kill themselves.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:54 PM 10-26-2020
Can't stop. Won't stop. Deal with it.

I don't think me telling opposing fans to Kill themselves because they think their QB is better than Mahomes is ever going to push anyone over the edge.
[Reply]
vailpass 05:21 PM 10-26-2020
Kill yourself.
[Reply]
jallmon 05:39 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Wow, sorry to hear about that as well. :-)
Thank you. I didn't mean to make the post about me (and April), I meant to give my example to say that I did find therapy very helpful, and that TLO may want to consider using it if he even gets a hint of needing it.

Sometimes there is a negative impression of men (particularly) using therapy. Stresses can build up all around you under your radar, then rise up like a tidal wave. Many of our vets/first responders are familiar with that.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:43 PM 10-26-2020
Sorry to hear...
[Reply]
vailpass 05:44 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by jallmon:
Thank you. I didn't mean to make the post about me (and April), I meant to give my example to say that I did find therapy very helpful, and that TLO may want to consider using it if he even gets a hint of needing it.

Sometimes there is a negative impression of men (particularly) using therapy. Stresses can build up all around you under your radar, then rise up like a tidal wave. Many of our vets/first responders are familiar with that.
Nothing wrong with getting help wherever you can.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 05:50 PM 10-26-2020
The B-52's is a cure for the blues
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:54 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
that sucks

did they leave you anything?
Shut the fuck up
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:55 PM 10-26-2020
Lost my son almost 10 years ago to suicide. Worst feeling you can ever have. Never gets better, you just learn to live with the pain and put on a mask to hide it from the world. People cAn say they’re in a better place now, but fuck that. The best place is here with me. My son was 11 days from his 17th birthday. Still cry about it when the feelings surface and I can’t make them go back. Sorry for your loss bro. If you need someone to talk to I’m here for you. Can’t tell you how to make the bad feelings go away, but I can tell you if I made it through that, I think anyone can. Bless Up TLO.

Here’s a video I made for my son if you’re interested.

[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up