ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 8
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Suicide
TLO 02:08 PM 10-26-2020
I found out today that a good friend of mine from high school committed suicide last night. This has never happened to someone I knew closely.

I'm not sure how to process the emotions I'm feeling.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:09 PM 10-26-2020
I've lost friends to suicide and to OD. You don't ever really understand it unfortunately.
[Reply]
chinaski 02:14 PM 10-26-2020
Condolences.

I have dealt with Suicide, OD and Murder myself several times. It's a horrible thing to deal with man, thoughts and prayers buddy.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:17 PM 10-26-2020
Sorry to hear. I'm in a similar boat. A friend I'd worked with for a couple of years killed himself a couple of weeks ago. He was 24.

This year has been really tough on all of us.

Check on your people, make sure they're ok.

Every emotion you're feeling is legitimate and okay. You just gotta go through it. Anger, sadness, all of it.
[Reply]
kcclone 02:19 PM 10-26-2020
I feel so badly for these people. Imagine how hopeless and depressed they must feel. A lot of people mistakenly assume that people who commit suicide are selfish.

It’s the exact opposite. They have such low self esteem that they often believe the world will be a better place without them.

Had a buddy who recently committed suicide. And I have one more friend who is going through a really rough patch and I’m concerned he will end up that way as well.
[Reply]
ljmhawk 02:22 PM 10-26-2020
i almost killed myself back in 2005. gun was loaded and everything. it’s the worst feeling i’ve ever felt and don’t wish it upon anyone. looking back on it i can’t believe i ever got that depressed. lucky my parents knew something was wrong and caught me before i could do it.
[Reply]
wazu 02:23 PM 10-26-2020
Sorry, TLO. Terrible to hear.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:24 PM 10-26-2020
First thing to try to grasp is its not possible to make sense of something that doesn't make sense no matter how you look at it.

Its a very unnatural thing caused by illness and illness alone.
[Reply]
TribalElder 02:30 PM 10-26-2020
that sucks

did they leave you anything?
[Reply]
BWillie 02:32 PM 10-26-2020
A buddy from high school had his brother commit suicide when we were about 20. He always seemed like he was mad at life. Didn't ever seem happy. Probably should have saw it coming. I'm sure he had undiagnosed depression.

My mom is bipolar and has had bouts with depression. Luckily I did not get passed on the gene. I couldn't ever imagine killing myself. I'd rather be a bum drinking mouthwash than kill myself. It really is a sickness.
[Reply]
MahiMike 02:33 PM 10-26-2020
I'm afraid we'll all know someone like this soon. Just depends on your state whether you are locked down.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:43 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I found out today that a good friend of mine from high school committed suicide last night. This has never happened to someone I knew closely.

I'm not sure how to process the emotions I'm feeling.
Horrible. I’m sorry to hear this for you
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 02:47 PM 10-26-2020
After unfortunately going through this many times, it never gets easier. It never becomes easy to understand, or easy to process. It flat out sucks, hurts, makes you angry, makes you question if you could have done something to help.

Best advice I can give is, try to think of the fun times. Cliche and quite possibly stupid. It has helped me so maybe it will help you out.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:55 PM 10-26-2020
Was hoping this was a Nick Keizer thread

j/k sorry for your loss, man
[Reply]
TLO 02:56 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I've lost friends to suicide and to OD. You don't ever really understand it unfortunately.
I've had friends die in car accidents.
I've had a family member OD.

This just feels... different. I can't fully process the emotions. Mostly I just feel numb.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 8
1 2345 > Last »
Up