ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Should Le' Veon take over as RB1?
Megatron96 12:43 PM 10-26-2020
So, at what point does Bell become the RB1?

I think there's a real possibility of it, and in the very near future.

Think about it: CEH wasn't supposed to be the RB1 this season anyway. He was supposed to back up Damien, and learn some things about how to be a professional, get some good practical reps throughout the season, and most importantly, be fresh for the playoffs.

Damien opting out is why CEH became the starter. But because of the drop off in performance between Clyde and Darrel/Thompson, Andy was using Clyde a lot. Maybe too much. The possibility of CEH hitting the Rookie wall was becoming more of a probability fwith each passing game.

Now Bell can provide all of those things listed above, while keeping Clyde on a kind of pitch count so that he's as fresh as possible come January.

Bell is a true top-tier 3-down back that can run, receive, and is one of the best pass protection backs on the field today. And this is the big selling point, IMO. One thing that I noticed yesterday was just how many times Patrick was getting hit. Bell's presence in the backfield should mitigate some of those hits.

And then there's his on-field presence. Defenses are going to have to approach him with more respect, simply because that's Le' Veon Bell. That aspect alone means that defenses won't be able to just come after Patrick as much, which means he should get hit less.

And we need Patrick to stay upright more, especially down the stretch so that he's fresh as possible for the playoffs.

And let's be honest: Bell is gone after this season. Andy has 8 weeks plus the playoffs to get the most out this deal, to exploit it and get everything he can from Bell before he loses him. And Bell needs to showcase his abilities and prove that he's not only still an elite RB but also that he's a good teammate, on a big stage down the stretch so that he can leverage a big contract in 2021.

The more I think about it, the more sense this makes.

I'm not saying it will happen, because I'm not on Andy's speed dial obviously, but I am saying that Andy should be considering it.

Anyway, where does CP stand on this idea?

Go ahead and flame away.:-)
[Reply]
Kman34 06:56 PM 10-26-2020
I fully expect a run heavy game plan against the Jets.. Bell will be highly motivated next week..
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 07:23 PM 10-26-2020
After that 36 yard game! Hell yes! Cut Clyde and let's go all in with bell! GTFO
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:31 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
After that 36 yard game! Hell yes! Cut Clyde and let's go all in with bell! GTFO
:-)
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 07:34 PM 10-26-2020
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:47 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I like Zeitler there, too.

But from my understanding, they'd be on the hook for around $6 million this year on Zeitler and they'd need to cut him immediately after the season in order to avoid paying him $14+ million next season.
It's a little more than $6M I believe. The pro-rated portion of $12M is what I read, so something like $6.75M.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:52 PM 10-26-2020
Looks like RGR has about the same sentiments about Bell and CEH:

Around the 26:15 minute mark.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:44 PM 10-26-2020
Depends on the opponent and their pass rush. I think we'll see Bell more when the OL is struggling in protection, and in the red zone. Great problem for Andy to have, dueling RB1s!
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:41 PM 10-26-2020
CEH is on track for 1696 total scrimmage yards this season- Lets get rid of him!!

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020...-yards-week-7/
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:46 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
CEH is on track for 1696 total scrimmage yards this season- Lets get rid of him!!

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020...-yards-week-7/
Thx, I needed that. Knew I could count on someone around here to respond by going completely off the rails!!!
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:55 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Looks like RGR has about the same sentiments about Bell and CEH:

Around the 26:15 minute mark.

Bell is not starting this week. Have you guys even seen CEH play?
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:58 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:

Bell is not starting this week. Have you guys even seen CEH play?
Did he say this week? I thought he said something like a couple weeks. And I thought that was a little early.

I don't think there's a way he could start this week. He's only had the playbook for what, 8-9 days? But Bell will get the ball at least twice as many times as he did this week. And he'll get a few targets as well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:00 PM 10-26-2020
I'd be REALLY surprised if Bell is the starter at any point this season.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:55 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'd be REALLY surprised if Bell is the starter at any point this season.
So would I.

It is interesting to think about though.

For instance, I could see it happening maybe if we had the division wrapped up and the first or second seed, say around week 13-14 or 15? Lighten Clyde's load for about three weeks to a month before the playoffs? I mean, if we get to the SB, CEH will have to play 7 more games than he's every played in one season.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:56 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
So would I.

It is interesting to think about though.

For instance, I could see it happening maybe if we had the division wrapped up and the first or second seed, say around week 13-14 or 15? Lighten Clyde's load for about three weeks to a month before the playoffs? I mean, if we get to the SB, CEH will have to play 7 more games than he's every played in one season.
You saw what happened to the Ravens when they rested their players for 3 weeks?? Yea I don’t want that
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:04 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
You saw what happened to the Ravens when they rested their players for 3 weeks?? Yea I don’t want that
What are you talking about? I'm not talking about benching CEH at all. I'm talking about letting Bell take the bulk of those snaps in each game down the stretch. Let Bell take the hits and the abuse. Call the split 60-40 or so in favor of Bell for about 3-4 weeks. CEH would still play in those games, just not 20 carries/game. More like 10 carries/game. Call it a working vacation. Let his body heal right before the playoffs.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Up