ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should Le' Veon take over as RB1?
Megatron96 12:43 PM 10-26-2020
So, at what point does Bell become the RB1?

I think there's a real possibility of it, and in the very near future.

Think about it: CEH wasn't supposed to be the RB1 this season anyway. He was supposed to back up Damien, and learn some things about how to be a professional, get some good practical reps throughout the season, and most importantly, be fresh for the playoffs.

Damien opting out is why CEH became the starter. But because of the drop off in performance between Clyde and Darrel/Thompson, Andy was using Clyde a lot. Maybe too much. The possibility of CEH hitting the Rookie wall was becoming more of a probability fwith each passing game.

Now Bell can provide all of those things listed above, while keeping Clyde on a kind of pitch count so that he's as fresh as possible come January.

Bell is a true top-tier 3-down back that can run, receive, and is one of the best pass protection backs on the field today. And this is the big selling point, IMO. One thing that I noticed yesterday was just how many times Patrick was getting hit. Bell's presence in the backfield should mitigate some of those hits.

And then there's his on-field presence. Defenses are going to have to approach him with more respect, simply because that's Le' Veon Bell. That aspect alone means that defenses won't be able to just come after Patrick as much, which means he should get hit less.

And we need Patrick to stay upright more, especially down the stretch so that he's fresh as possible for the playoffs.

And let's be honest: Bell is gone after this season. Andy has 8 weeks plus the playoffs to get the most out this deal, to exploit it and get everything he can from Bell before he loses him. And Bell needs to showcase his abilities and prove that he's not only still an elite RB but also that he's a good teammate, on a big stage down the stretch so that he can leverage a big contract in 2021.

The more I think about it, the more sense this makes.

I'm not saying it will happen, because I'm not on Andy's speed dial obviously, but I am saying that Andy should be considering it.

Anyway, where does CP stand on this idea?

Go ahead and flame away.:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 12:59 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
CEH drops more passes than I was expecting so I think Bell will see more of the passes to that position.
Lol he’s dropped one pass.

The only other I can remember was a very poor/low throw from Mahomes.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:02 PM 10-26-2020
Nope.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 01:03 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
Should we change Megatron96's name to Deberg_1996?
So much this.
[Reply]
ChiTown 01:05 PM 10-26-2020

[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:06 PM 10-26-2020
I feel much better about Bells hands. the rooks hands are suspect
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 01:07 PM 10-26-2020
No. Clyde doing good. Bell the backup.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:07 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
He has 1 drop.
[Reply]
Pants 01:09 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
:-)
[Reply]
DaFace 01:09 PM 10-26-2020
No.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 01:10 PM 10-26-2020
Don't care. Both can get it done.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 01:14 PM 10-26-2020
Better question about backs is do we try to keep Bell, or go back to Damien Williams next year?

It would require Bell valuing winning over being THE guy, and not looking for huge money.

If he were open to that Id move on from Damien, but I kinda think this is going to be Bell using KC as a launch pad for a new deal somewhere else while picking up a ring in the process.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 01:20 PM 10-26-2020
Does it really matter? And even if he wouldn't have been the "starter" by week 1, I have little doubt CEH would have taken the starting job/bulk of the carries by mid-season.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:22 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He has 1 drop.
I know just being sarcastic
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:23 PM 10-26-2020
The only people who care who "starts" are fantasy owners. They will both be used in whatever situation is advantageous and the beneficiary will be the Chiefs wins column.

I don't care about your fantasy team.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:26 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
CEH drops more passes than I was expecting so I think Bell will see more of the passes to that position.
How many passes were you "expecting" him to drop? Zero?

Wait, how many do you think he's dropped?!?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up