ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 10
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should Le' Veon take over as RB1?
Megatron96 12:43 PM 10-26-2020
So, at what point does Bell become the RB1?

I think there's a real possibility of it, and in the very near future.

Think about it: CEH wasn't supposed to be the RB1 this season anyway. He was supposed to back up Damien, and learn some things about how to be a professional, get some good practical reps throughout the season, and most importantly, be fresh for the playoffs.

Damien opting out is why CEH became the starter. But because of the drop off in performance between Clyde and Darrel/Thompson, Andy was using Clyde a lot. Maybe too much. The possibility of CEH hitting the Rookie wall was becoming more of a probability fwith each passing game.

Now Bell can provide all of those things listed above, while keeping Clyde on a kind of pitch count so that he's as fresh as possible come January.

Bell is a true top-tier 3-down back that can run, receive, and is one of the best pass protection backs on the field today. And this is the big selling point, IMO. One thing that I noticed yesterday was just how many times Patrick was getting hit. Bell's presence in the backfield should mitigate some of those hits.

And then there's his on-field presence. Defenses are going to have to approach him with more respect, simply because that's Le' Veon Bell. That aspect alone means that defenses won't be able to just come after Patrick as much, which means he should get hit less.

And we need Patrick to stay upright more, especially down the stretch so that he's fresh as possible for the playoffs.

And let's be honest: Bell is gone after this season. Andy has 8 weeks plus the playoffs to get the most out this deal, to exploit it and get everything he can from Bell before he loses him. And Bell needs to showcase his abilities and prove that he's not only still an elite RB but also that he's a good teammate, on a big stage down the stretch so that he can leverage a big contract in 2021.

The more I think about it, the more sense this makes.

I'm not saying it will happen, because I'm not on Andy's speed dial obviously, but I am saying that Andy should be considering it.

Anyway, where does CP stand on this idea?

Go ahead and flame away.:-)
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:45 PM 10-26-2020
They will split time evenly and also both be in 2 back sets. CEH will most likely be considered RB 1 all year if healthy though. JMO
[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:45 PM 10-26-2020
Sigh
[Reply]
Pants 12:45 PM 10-26-2020
Should we change Megatron96's name to Deberg_1996?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:46 PM 10-26-2020
It's going to be a split back situation. Winning teams don't care about designations like RB1 and RB2. Just do the job the team asks you to do and win a SB.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:46 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Sigh
/Thread
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:47 PM 10-26-2020
soon. very soon. Should be similar to Thomas Jones/Charles situation in 2010.
[Reply]
poolboy 12:48 PM 10-26-2020
I think Clyde has earned the starting job with LeVeon working in.
Its pretty obvious Bell can handle the job...maybe a 60/40 split so Clyde is fresh down the stretch
[Reply]
Why Not? 12:48 PM 10-26-2020
Megatron, you know I love ya but the best indicator of a bad thread is if Deberg sees an opportunity to troll.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:49 PM 10-26-2020
They're both going to get 10-15 touches per game.

Andy isn't going to run the ball a lot regardless, that's just not Andy.

CEH earned his spot. He's not going to lose a ton of touches to Bell.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:51 PM 10-26-2020
CEH drops more passes than I was expecting so I think Bell will see more of the passes to that position.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:52 PM 10-26-2020
:-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:52 PM 10-26-2020
I'm more concerned about our slowed passing attack.

We're 7 games in and Mahomes has only had 1 Mahomes-like game.

The OL has had trouble picking up the blitz all season and Mahomes, aside from the Ravens game, has yet to really get in rhythm. Going 0-8 on 3rd downs yesterday is troubling.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 12:53 PM 10-26-2020
You must have Bell on your fantasy team...
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:58 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
CEH drops more passes than I was expecting so I think Bell will see more of the passes to that position.
He has 22 catches on 35 targets with 1 drop against Denver (according to PFR).

I don't recall him having any other direct drops.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 10
1 2345 > Last »
Up