ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Kyler Murray, Justin Hebert or Mahomes?
Deberg_1990 08:37 AM 10-26-2020
We are starting to see some people saying Kyler Murray/Hebert is/will be better than Patrick Mahomes. I think it’s ridiculous, but there are people that feel that way. I was wondering if anyone here would choose Kyler or Justin over Mahomes. So the choice is simple: who would you rather have as QB for the next 12 years? Murray, Herbert Or Mahomes?
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 09:03 AM 10-26-2020
I want the cheat code mahomes!
[Reply]
burt 09:09 AM 10-26-2020
There are 3 groups of QB's.

Premier: Mahomes, Wilson, Brees, Rogers, Brady, Watson, Rapeslesburger and Jackson. In that order IMHO.

Hopefuls with promise: Murray (plucky little bastard, I am semi-impressed), Herbert, Tannehill, Josh Allen, Bridgewater.....

The rest.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:10 AM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He wasn't half the player Stafford was in college.....Herbert was all projection because he had some games that were total dogshit start to finish.
Stafford was surrounded by talent at nearly every position.

The results weren't the same but they play the game similarly and I think that's where Herbert's ceiling probably is.

Herbert's floor though? People need to chill on him a bit if you asked me.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:10 AM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by burt:
There are 3 groups of QB's.

Premier: Mahomes, Wilson, Brees, Rogers, Brady, Watson, Rapeslesburger and Jackson. In that order IMHO.

Hopefuls with promise: Murray (plucky little bastard, I am semi-impressed), Herbert, Tannehill, Josh Allen, Bridgewater.....

The rest.
I think Murray is better than Jackson right now. Hes like a better version of him.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:11 AM 10-26-2020
Drew Brees isn't elite anymore, he's Alex Smith now.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:11 AM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I think Lynn is a good coach. At least Herbert isnt on a shit team like the Jets. Their talent is better than 1-5.
The QB is a big reason they lost some of those games. He makes big mistakes at the worst possible times.

Can it be corrected? Maybe. Maybe not.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:12 AM 10-26-2020
I think Lynn is a good coach. At least Herbert isnt on a shit team like the Jets. Their talent is better than 1-5.
If Lynn is a good coach, he takes that talent and produces a team that is better than 1-5.

It was the same story last year. Talent out the wazoo and he finishes 5-11.

And it ain't all Derwin James being injured or Philip Rivers throwing too many picks, either. Those are piss poor excuses. Andy Reid in 2014 had a gaping hole at LG (remember Mike McGlynn?) the entire season and Eric Fisher was still pretty bad. Derrick Johnson, Eric Berry, and Jamaal Charles all had season ending injuries early in the year. And our QB didn't throw a single TD to a WR. And that team still finished above .500.

A good coach can do better than 5-11 and a 1-5 start to this year with that talent, especially when his rookie QB is playing this well. I don't see how anybody can hem and haw about how good the Chargers look on paper every offseason and then claim they still have a good head coach when they inevitably disappoint.

If the losses are due to Herbert messing up in key situations, then Lynn should be playing Taylor. It's about wins and losses, and Lynn isn't getting the job done.
[Reply]
burt 09:13 AM 10-26-2020
I think Murray is better than Jackson right now. Hes like a midget version of him.
FYP
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:13 AM 10-26-2020
Lamar Jackson is not a premier QB.

I agree with DeBerg, Murray is better than Jackson right now.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:14 AM 10-26-2020
jesus christ... now i understand the whole "Daberg thread" criticisms.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:15 AM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by burt:
FYP
:-)

Kyler Murray is 5'10" 207.

Lamar Jackson is 6'2" 212.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 09:16 AM 10-26-2020
I want proof of these "some people are starting to say Murray/Herbert could be better than Mahomes" people. This sounds like a made up statement to justify this dumb thread.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:18 AM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
I want proof of these "some people are starting to say Murray/Herbert could be better than Mahomes" people. This sounds like a made up statement to justify this dumb thread.
It's his grandpa that has dementia.
[Reply]
O.city 09:19 AM 10-26-2020
If you’re reading people saying this, stop reading those people
[Reply]
alpha_omega 09:20 AM 10-26-2020
Coulda been a legit thread had 15 not been added to the mix.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up