ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: So. Was it Tom or Bill?
Tom Terrific 47 37.60%
Hoodie Bill 16 12.80%
Unsure 18 14.40%
Who cares about that poverty level team in Foxboro? 44 35.20%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll
Page 9 of 22
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>It’s official: Pats were always Tom Brady. Not Bill Belichick.
Prison Bitch 07:50 PM 10-25-2020
Bill falls to 2-4 without Brady.

Brady goes to 5-2 with Tampa, turning them into a title contender immediately.

Tampa had the #1 SRS (points above avg team) in the NFL of +13.1. And that was before they trashed the Fighting Chuckies today.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 11:50 AM 10-26-2020
Had the NFL made as much money before and after these villains parted ways
[Reply]
Eureka 12:20 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
If this were a real issue. It's a stupid argument. Jocks can't do weekly game plans or know what to look for globally- game prep wise. They do what they're told.
Put brady on the jets, see how good he is.
Something could be said that players elevate their game when they play with a player like Brady. He's old enough that most of the other players were kids when he was winning SB.

Sam Darnold calls out a player to do something vs Brady is just different then the rest. Brady will carry much more weight/respect from other players. I think this would leave to an offense performing much better. The Jets would be a much better team with Brady.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 12:30 PM 10-26-2020
You can be the greatest Xs and Os guy in the world but if you got a bunch of guys like me out there you aren't gonna do much. Still gotta have someone competent to execute the playbook
[Reply]
tk13 12:36 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Mostly agree, but in the case of Andy Reid you can be very successful without the HOF QB.

Nobody would put McNabb in the HOF and Andy took that QB and team to 5 NFC championship games and a SB, losing to the best dynasty in history.

It’s possible to win without the elite QB but it’s really damn rare. Surprisingly the Ravens have done it twice.
Even if you're elite at QB it doesn't always work. Peyton Manning's a HOFer but his last season the Broncos won the Super Bowl while Manning threw 9 TD/17 INT. Just horrible. Even during his first SB run with the Colts he threw 3 TD/7 INT that postseason.

Guys like Roethlisberger and Russell Wilson went to their first Super Bowls on teams that were all about top rushing attacks and great defenses and ranked in the 31/32 range in pass attempts. Nothing like the gunslingers they are now.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:10 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
You mean the Cassel year? That team went 16-0 the year prior. That team wasn't a bunch of scrubs.
Yeah, that hardly proves anything. Haley won 10 games with Cassel. That NE team was just loaded.
[Reply]
Basileus777 01:10 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Jamis Winston led them to the #1 offense in the league last year, if I recall correctly. His problem was that he turned over the ball too much. So let's not act as if the team wasn't already built into a good team. Brady walked into a great situation for him to succeed. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Still a long way to go before you crown him. Personally, I hope he fails.
The Bucs offense was 23rd in DVOA last year (-7.4%). They were 7th (9.2%) before the Raiders game this year.

So no, the offense has vastly improved.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:12 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
What great qb has recently won a super bowl with a shitty coach/team?
It isn't about the team.

We're talking about QB's vs. coaches.

Several teams have won Super Bowls with great QB's and mediocre coaches. The most recent that comes to mind is Denver in 2015.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:15 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Mostly agree, but in the case of Andy Reid you can be very successful without the HOF QB.

Nobody would put McNabb in the HOF and Andy took that QB and team to 5 NFC championship games and a SB, losing to the best dynasty in history.

It’s possible to win without the elite QB but it’s really damn rare. Surprisingly the Ravens have done it twice.
It's not about "being successful".

It's about winning championships.

Bill, just like Andy, can field a good team without a HOF QB. Neither of them win a Super Bowl without a HOF QB.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:25 PM 10-26-2020
These are the facts:

The Patriots' elaborate cheating schemes began in 2001, which also happened to be the year their run of dominance began.

Prior to Brady taking the reins, Bill was 41-57 as a head coach. He's now 2-4 since. And it's not as if he had zero talent at QB. He had Bledsoe, Testaverde in his prime, Bernie Kosar and now Newton. Andy won 11/year with Alex (and generally a weak defense).

This isn't to say that Belichick isn't a great defensive coach or a solid coach overall. But I think it's time to slow down with the GOAT and "genius" talk.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:28 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's not about "being successful".

It's about winning championships.

Bill, just like Andy, can field a good team without a HOF QB. Neither of them win a Super Bowl without a HOF QB.
He had one winning season with Cassel and a loaded team and one winning season in Cleveland. 5 losing seasons and he's on his way to another.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 01:28 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
Dumbest argument in the world? A QB can carry a bad team/coach. My God.
What great qb has recently won a super bowl with a shitty coach/team?
It isn't about the team.

We're talking about QB's vs. coaches.

Several teams have won Super Bowls with great QB's and mediocre coaches. The most recent that comes to mind is Denver in 2015.
My post was in response to the post right above it.

But take out the team element.

What great qb has won with a shit coach?

You say peyton but he was anything but great that year. That super bowl win didn't have shit to do with peyton.
[Reply]
fan4ever 01:40 PM 10-26-2020
You say peyton but he was anything but great that year. That super bowl win didn't have shit to do with peyton.
...and Von Miller won SuperBowl MVP if I remember correctly.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:41 PM 10-26-2020
How many Super Bowls has Von Miller been to without Manning? :-)
[Reply]
tyecopeland 01:49 PM 10-26-2020
How many Super Bowls has Von Miller been to without Manning? :-)
Peyton was benched during the season that year. He threw something like 9 tds and 17 ints during the regular season. Go die on some other hill.

You could probably convince me russell Wilson won with a shit coach but even then I think the defense carried that team more than wilson did that season. And if you presented me that one as an example I'd tell you foles won the super bowl more recently due to coaching more so than qb talent.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:51 PM 10-26-2020
Peyton was benched during the season that year. He threw something like 9 tds and 17 ints during the regular season. Go die on some other hill.

You could probably convince me russell Wilson won with a shit coach but even then I think the defense carried that team more than wilson did that season. And if you presented me that one as an example I'd tell you foles won the super bowl more recently due to coaching more so than qb talent.
I guess we'll see, won't we?

BB ain't winning shit without Brady.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 22
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up