ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Why even try to run out a kickoff??
Mr. Wizard 03:09 PM 10-13-2020
Is there any reason to run out a kickoff anymore? The refs are going to find a hold to call virtually every time now so the risk of trying to gain more than 25 yards is negated so often you lose more than you gain. I know someone out there can look up stats on this. Am I wrong?

PS Mecole has not made good decisions on returns lately. The ball he let go by Patrick was pissed about and the ball he let go between his legs was almost a turnover. These are lack of judgement mistakes.
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 07:51 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Mr. Wizard is never wrong! If he is I don't wanna be right. Hey Wiz, can you confirm whether the Bill-Titans got postponed?
It’s been moved to Wednesday. I’m guessing the titans win
[Reply]
BWillie 07:56 PM 10-13-2020
I don't think teams should EVER try to block a punt unless they are down multiple scores. Sooo many roughing the poor wittle kicker penalties.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 08:17 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I don't think teams should EVER try to block a punt unless they are down multiple scores. Sooo many roughing the poor wittle kicker penalties.
It depends on how good your offense is. Of course we should never try, but if you are the Colts or some defensive minded team I could see some situations where it makes sense.
[Reply]
lcarus 09:31 PM 10-13-2020
When I see one of our guys running free towards the punter before he's punted, I should be thinking "Oh yes he might block this" but instead I'm thinking "oh good god don't touch him"
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:37 PM 10-13-2020
I agree. The risk outweighs the reward anymore.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 09:40 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard:
It’s been moved to Wednesday. I’m guessing the titans win
You were right yet again Mr. Wizard! Only return the kick if you have Dante Hall or Tamarick Vanover. Or Hardman in the divisional playoff when youre down huge.
[Reply]
Redbled 09:41 PM 10-13-2020
Chiefs should rarely run it out. Downsides are holding calls, turnovers and injuries. Upside is pretty much nothing the vast majority of the time. I complain about it almost weekly.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 11:30 PM 10-13-2020
We don’t need to run it out when we can just start on our own 25 and with one pass to Tyreek Mahomes has Us on their 10. ������
[Reply]
JakeF 02:24 AM 10-14-2020
Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard:
Is there any reason to run out a kickoff anymore? The refs are going to find a hold to call virtually every time now so the risk of trying to gain more than 25 yards is negated so often you lose more than you gain. I know someone out there can look up stats on this. Am I wrong?

PS Mecole has not made good decisions on returns lately. The ball he let go by Patrick was pissed about and the ball he let go between his legs was almost a turnover. These are lack of judgement mistakes.
No point in returning it

Also why in the fuck to the Chiefs take the risk of kicking it to the 1 yard line instead of just kicking it out? It's not worth the risk. We had one returned for a touchdown. You never know when a player will get hurt. Unless the refs calls a penalty it's better to just kick it out and play defense.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:08 AM 10-14-2020
I never watch the kick off; I either fast forward through it if I have it on DVR; or I use it as extra time for bathroom break / grab beer.
to me, the kickoff is just about pointless with where they kick off from, power of today's kickers; and even IF you return it, there will be a penalty.

what should be such an exciting play / time of the game....kickoffs are boring. rarely anything good happens from them. either tackled short of where a touchback would've been, flag, injury etc.

meh.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:26 PM 10-26-2020
:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:29 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
:-)

PRINGLE TO THE CRIB 🏡

📺: #KCvsDEN on CBS pic.twitter.com/KTTGUVRKZ2

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) October 25, 2020

[Reply]
cmh6476 02:58 PM 10-26-2020
Because, Chiefs.
[Reply]
ROYC75 03:41 PM 10-26-2020
Why?
Why?
Why?

A return TD/ or big return from time to time. > they do get a team motivated at times. Ref: last year in the playoffs and even yesterday.

Sometimes it will produce TURNOVERS! > Ref: Dirty Dan in last year's playoffs.

Why?
Why?
Oh why?
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:48 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
When I see one of our guys running free towards the punter before he's punted, I should be thinking "Oh yes he might block this" but instead I'm thinking "oh good god don't touch him"
It was never like that with Albert Lewis that guy could block punts like no other.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up