ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 26
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Eddie Van Halen has Died
ptlyon 02:32 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
It's a shame how all these great musicians from my youth are all getting old and croaking off. Seems like one or two every week now.
It's called getting old man
[Reply]
scho63 07:52 AM 10-07-2020
It's a shame how all these great musicians from my youth are all getting old and croaking off. Seems like one or two every week now.
Brings our own mortality into focus....

I watched a movie last week and saw Harry Dean Stanton at 90 and Tom Skerritt of Top Gun fame at 87.

Madonna is 62
Bono is 60
Ferris Buehler is 58

:-)
[Reply]
DeepPurple 08:35 AM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Brings our own mortality into focus....

I watched a movie last week and saw Harry Dean Stanton at 90 and Tom Skerritt of Top Gun fame at 87.

Madonna is 62
Bono is 60
Ferris Buehler is 58

:-)
The first time I heard Runnin' with the Devil on the radio I was 28 and now I'm 70. I was listening to a AM station in Pensacola Florida and they had just played a disco song and I was about to flip the channel when this cool bass comes on and this song blew me away. I believe because of that song and band popularity that many stations went all rock.

There was no classic rock then, we were living classic rock. A lot of radio was top 40, especially AM and for an all rock station you needed FM, but many cars still didn't have FM radios. I was driving a '76 Honda Civic I bought new with an AM radio. When I bought a new '80 Mazda 626 it had FM and TK 101 in Pensacola was all rock and lived on my radio and still a rock station as far as I know.

[Reply]
Randallflagg 08:50 AM 10-07-2020

George, I'm 74 and fought throat cancer for the entirety of last year. Worst year of my life (and that includes Viet-Nam). Today, every time I see or hear of another actor or musician kicking off - it brings things into perspective......My motto now? Don't waste another day..

"More time behind me that I have in front of me".......... :-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:20 AM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
George, I'm 74 and fought throat cancer for the entirety of last year. Worst year of my life (and that includes Viet-Nam). Today, every time I see or hear of another actor or musician kicking off - it brings things into perspective......My motto now? Don't waste another day..

"More time behind me that I have in front of me".......... :-)
Sounds like- you been to the edge, stood and looked down, lost a lot of friends there baby, got no time to mess around...

Best wishes to continued good health!
[Reply]
warrior 02:30 PM 10-06-2020
Well that's an absolute bummer-RIP Eddie
[Reply]
tatorhog 02:31 PM 10-06-2020
Man, sad day. Van Halen was just one of those monster groups we all grew up with. Learn from his mistakes. RIP
[Reply]
seamonster 05:26 PM 10-06-2020
Very sad news. 65 is young in my book...All due respect but this is one of the reasons I'm OK with vaping and chew. If you're just breathing in water vapor and nicotine or dipping you'll avoid dying a miserable cancerous death and all that comes with inhaling that tar shit.
[Reply]
eDave 05:28 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by seamonster:
Very sad news. 65 is young in my book...All due respect but this is one of the reasons I'm OK with vaping and chew. If you're just breathing in water vapor and nicotine or dipping you'll avoid dying a miserable cancerous death and all that comes with inhaling that tar shit.
Nobody ever touches on alcohol's contribution to throat cancer. Or in Michael Douglas' case, pussy.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:34 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Or in Michael Douglas' case, pussy.
Every teenaged male and female should receive the HPV vaccine, IMO.

Every cervical cancer is related to HPV, as are penile and breast cancer in men.

HPV can also cause throat and tongue cancer in men and women.

Get vaccinated!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:31 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by seamonster:
If you're just breathing in water vapor and nicotine or dipping you'll avoid dying a miserable cancerous death and all that comes with inhaling that tar shit.
This is false, BTW

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...er-and-tobacco

Chewing tobacco and snuff

Spit tobacco, also known as chewing tobacco and snuff, are forms of tobacco that are put between the cheek and gum. Chewing tobacco can be in the form of leaf tobacco (which is packaged in pouches), or plug tobacco (which are packaged in "brick" form). Snuff is a powdered form of tobacco, usually sold in cans. The nicotine is released from the tobacco as the user "chews."

Although chewing tobacco and snuff are considered smokeless tobacco products, harmful chemicals including nicotine are ingested. More than 28 cancer-causing chemicals have been found in smokeless tobacco.

Chewing tobacco and snuff can cause cancer in the cheek, gums, and lips. Just as with a pipe, cancer often occurs where the tobacco is held in the mouth. Cancer caused by smokeless tobacco often begins as leukoplakia, with a whitish patch that develops inside the mouth or throat. Or the cancer may erythroplakia. With this condition, a red, raised patch develops inside the mouth. It's also linked to esophageal and pancreatic cancers.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:34 PM 10-06-2020
That really stinks.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:38 PM 10-06-2020
I saw Van Halen for the first time at Monsters of Rock at Arrowhead. Actually, found my old ticket stub the other day for that concert. RIP Eddie
[Reply]
Spott 02:41 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I saw Van Halen for the first time at Monsters of Rock at Arrowhead. Actually, found my old ticket stub the other day for that concert. RIP Eddie
Summer of 88 with Metallica and Kingdom Come?
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:23 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
Summer of 88 with Metallica and Kingdom Come?
Year sounds right but yes Kingdom Come, Dokken, Metallica, and the Scorpions.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 26
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up